Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2012, 09:51 PM

1,322 posts, read 3,474,911 times

Advertisements

Northeast guy, I was given this tip when buying my very first home. That was to knock on your neighbor's door and ask what the neighborhood is like. In the case of PCP, you could talk to people in the common areas to geta good feel for the area if you did not want to go door to door. I would want to know how many of my neighbors were full timers and what houses are rented by owner for vacations. I am not sure where you are moving from, but remember that winters are very different then the summers here as far as population. That is reflected in the amount of traffic, noise and number of people using the amenities. What you saw on a Feb holiday weekend will be very different than a weekend in July. That is true of all areas in the Poconos, not just PCP but PCP is one of the largest developments in the area.
Even though there are not a great number of different people posting about PCP, their posts ring true. Good luck to you!

Old 02-22-2012, 01:33 AM

513 posts, read 1,080,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by talloolla View Post
Northeast guy, I was given this tip when buying my very first home. That was to knock on your neighbor's door and ask what the neighborhood is like.
That's good advice, and here's some more. Visit the school bus stop a few times.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:28 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,955,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northeastguy85 View Post
Well i must say, the community seemed very peaceful when i drove through, homes seemed up kept. and I will also add that ive just spent the last 2.5 hours of my evening reading the last 32 pages of this thread only to still be on the fence due to the fact that YES i did see mostly negativity but it only came repeatedly from the same 3 or 4 individuals....... reciting their same old story over, and over , and over again

i think this community as well as forum needs some more people to chime in and express their opinions
I think you should ignore the opinions of the posters here and do what your gut tells you to do. Weighing all the pros and cons you have read, and relying on your own (hopefully) good instincts, it seems that you have made up your mind. And that's my opinion.

And once there, please do continue to post here and let us know of your personal experiences in APCP.

Old 02-22-2012, 04:50 PM

5 posts, read 8,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
I think you should ignore the opinions of the posters here and do what your gut tells you to do. Weighing all the pros and cons you have read, and relying on your own (hopefully) good instincts, it seems that you have made up your mind. And that's my opinion.

And once there, please do continue to post here and let us know of your personal experiences in APCP.
I might do just that, i don't scare easy, nor do i take kindly to intimidation or when groups attempt to menace or bully an individual to the point that they walk. I have a strong background in criminal psychology, and a tough country folk style upbringing IN other words i don't take crap from anyone except the wife lol.

Old 02-22-2012, 05:52 PM

1,322 posts, read 3,474,911 times
All the best go to you!

Old 02-22-2012, 07:56 PM

734 posts, read 1,636,616 times
I am not bullying anyone! I am sharing my expereince, having lived there. Is that a problem? You ask a question and people that are on this board respond. What did you want?
Also it's not a matter of being scared or taking crap. The issue is quality of life.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:59 PM

5 posts, read 8,356 times
i was referring to the animals in the park, not you j5

Old 02-22-2012, 09:10 PM

734 posts, read 1,636,616 times
Oops. Sorry. Misunderstood you.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:24 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,140,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northeastguy85 View Post
I might do just that, i don't scare easy, nor do i take kindly to intimidation or when groups attempt to menace or bully an individual to the point that they walk. I have a strong background in criminal psychology, and a tough country folk style upbringing IN other words i don't take crap from anyone except the wife lol.

Your in for a eye opening exp..... I lived there , I also had rentals in there .. In my my opinion and no disrespect .. Your NUTS ,,, I would NEVER put my wife or children in that situation .... My kids were just born when I left Dodge ,,, That was a major reason.. They cant give houses away in there , And your going to buy .. NOT A WISE INVESTMENT .. do your homework.. Oh and BTW .. do yourself a favor ..Go in ADMIN and get yourself a rulebook They call it The BY LAWS ..

Read it cover to cover and let your wife read it also ... Then If thats not enough to convince you Then do what another poster said .. Go to the bus stops ....... If your ok with everything Then Go ahead buy a place ,, Maybe its just what your looking for . ...

Good Luck .. OH BTW you do know It will cost you BIG bucks for the water and sewer in there too .. about $150 and up as an avg . per month . PAWC (Pa water company ) They are THIEVES , and the rates keep going up and up and up .. Its like $50 a month JUST TO HAVE THE SEWER Line . whether you use it or not ... and they charge you per gallon on what you use .. (every time you flush your toilet it will cost 22 cents ,,, )

There is a bunch you dont know ,, But You'll learn.. We all warned you , But go ahead do your thing ..You know better ..

Old 02-23-2012, 08:30 PM

1,935 posts, read 3,144,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside4ever View Post
Your in for a eye opening exp..... I lived there , I also had rentals in there .. In my my opinion and no disrespect .. Your NUTS ,,, I would NEVER put my wife or children in that situation .... My kids were just born when I left Dodge ,,, That was a major reason.. They cant give houses away in there , And your going to buy .. NOT A WISE INVESTMENT .. do your homework.. Oh and BTW .. do yourself a favor ..Go in ADMIN and get yourself a rulebook They call it The BY LAWS ..

Read it cover to cover and let your wife read it also ... Then If thats not enough to convince you Then do what another poster said .. Go to the bus stops ....... If your ok with everything Then Go ahead buy a place ,, Maybe its just what your looking for . ...

Good Luck .. OH BTW you do know It will cost you BIG bucks for the water and sewer in there too .. about $150 and up as an avg . per month . PAWC (Pa water company ) They are THIEVES , and the rates keep going up and up and up .. Its like $50 a month JUST TO HAVE THE SEWER Line . whether you use it or not ... and they charge you per gallon on what you use .. (every time you flush your toilet it will cost 22 cents ,,, )

There is a bunch you dont know ,, But You'll learn.. We all warned you , But go ahead do your thing ..You know better ..
You know...it's amazing how prospective buyers come on this board and get replies from those of us in the know of the area such as Riverside4ever, myself, and others but yet think we're trying to steer them wrong...but as Riverside4ever says, "Go ahead do your thing...You know better..."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania