Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 04:22 PM

17 posts, read 41,238 times

Advertisements

You know I lived here in NOVA 15 years ago, moved out of state and two years ago moved back here. The problem with illegals has become much worse, it used to be somewhat bearable but I don't even feel like I'm on american soil anymore.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:55 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,730,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schapman View Post
You know I lived here in NOVA 15 years ago, moved out of state and two years ago moved back here. The problem with illegals has become much worse, it used to be somewhat bearable but I don't even feel like I'm on american soil anymore.
yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! A Northern Virginian who finally gets it! These illegals are straight up unbearable. If you drive down Mt. Vernon Ave in DelRay in Alexandria or Rt. 7 in between Baileys Crossroads/Seven Corners you forget you are in VA and think you are in Mexico. And with the vote that Alexandria took to accomdate and give the whole house and the kitchen sink to these illegals the problem will only get worse and worse. Those illegals in Prince William are probably sayin "forget PW, lets go to Alexandria because no one will drop dime on us with all those extreme liberals"

I dont know what you are trying to do but i'm moving somewhere else where illegal immigration is not tolerated as much as it is inside the beltway.

Old 10-15-2007, 05:40 PM

87 posts, read 164,151 times
I would write something very stunning here, but I don't want to start WWIII. So just read my username and you'll get the idea. lol

Old 10-15-2007, 06:59 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,772,702 times
I don't have a problem with LEGAL immigration (all our families came from some country) - I do have a problem with ILLEGAL and it especially bothers me that Alexandria in particular has chosen to not question status. Our ancestors understood that they had to learn English, become legal, obey laws, accept the way of life, etc.

My problem is I don't speak Spanish and sometimes can't even communicate with someone in a store, I pay taxes, I pay for health insurance, Social Security, etc. it's especially annoying in the neighborhood that used to be so well maintained that "some" homes have become havens for "parking lots", trash dumps, litter...

U.S. needs to make English the National Language... and stop bending over backwards to print literature, store signs, flyers, have telephone systems - that will handle another language.

I don't really want to come across as prejudiced, but I have to say, I'm becoming that way as it seems that US residents are forced to bend to others "rules"

Old 10-15-2007, 10:25 PM

743 posts, read 2,233,804 times
I think Iowa might be Waspy enough for you guys

Old 10-16-2007, 05:18 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,730,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beth ann View Post
I think Iowa might be Waspy enough for you guys
what do you mean "waspy"?

Old 10-16-2007, 05:42 AM

20 posts, read 176,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I don't have a problem with LEGAL immigration (all our families came from some country) - I do have a problem with ILLEGAL and it especially bothers me that Alexandria in particular has chosen to not question status. Our ancestors understood that they had to learn English, become legal, obey laws, accept the way of life, etc.

My problem is I don't speak Spanish and sometimes can't even communicate with someone in a store, I pay taxes, I pay for health insurance, Social Security, etc. it's especially annoying in the neighborhood that used to be so well maintained that "some" homes have become havens for "parking lots", trash dumps, litter...

U.S. needs to make English the National Language... and stop bending over backwards to print literature, store signs, flyers, have telephone systems - that will handle another language.

I don't really want to come across as prejudiced, but I have to say, I'm becoming that way as it seems that US residents are forced to bend to others "rules"
i couldn't have said it better

Old 10-16-2007, 06:42 AM

119 posts, read 546,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
what do you mean "waspy"?
White Anglo-Saxon Protestant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

*Note I'm not the original poster, just mentioning if as your quote suggests, you hadn't heard the term before

Old 10-16-2007, 07:27 AM

352 posts, read 1,591,863 times
Isn't there a separate forum for discussing legal and illegal immigration?

Old 10-16-2007, 09:15 AM

74 posts, read 379,153 times
Wellp they wouldn't be here if there weren't so many jobs and record low unemployment. Asking them to leave might negatively impact the economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia