Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 10:22 AM

280 posts, read 1,073,478 times

Advertisements

The potomac falls area of Sterling is a great place to live! I'd look at townhomes in Cascades. There are some really nice townhome communities in that area and really close to everything you are looking for for the kids. The new Claude Moore Rec Center is right on Cascades Parkway and is run by the county - it has a rock wall!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2007, 10:26 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,000,881 times
Agree, I was about to point you to Potomac Falls.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:57 AM

91 posts, read 336,860 times
thanks. i have read in a few of the threads that it looks like the THs north of 7 are OK. So, Potomac Lakes, Lowes Island, Cascade-all that. What about the stuff by broad run farms? anyone have any idea about that-just to the west of potomac lakes?

The schools all look good in these areas north of 7 oin sterling-this may be another good option, along with the communities in ashburn.

i will owe you all some serious starbucks gift cards for all of your help!!!

Old 11-27-2007, 11:40 AM

Broad run farms is a more rural part of Sterling along the potomac river, it is an older community. I didn't think that there were many town homes in that area though, mostly older single family homes. Its not a bad area, but I do know that they have had a problem with their water supply and that is now being cleaned up. You can learn more by googling it.

I do think that Cascades has what you are looking for in terms of convenience, newer construction and young families.

Old 11-27-2007, 12:48 PM

91 posts, read 336,860 times
I found a couple cute townhomes under $400k to look at in the lowes island/cascade area! Thanks for directing me there.

I am coming in for my first look this weekend and hopefully will be able to settle on a couple neighborhoods to focus on for our buying trip in January.

Does anyone know what the HOA fees run for Townhomes in Cascade, Ashburn Village and Broadlands? The fees listed on the realtor sites often only include the neighborhood HOA and not the master assoc. fee. I am trying to make sure I am comparing apple with apples by examining the fees and amenities in my top 4 neighborhoods!

For the stacked condos in Brambleton the combined HOA and condo fees reach $295!!!

By the time you add in HOAs, gas and toll fees...I hope we have enough for an occasional trip to the coast!

Maybe with a TH I can find fees that are under $200.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:37 PM

I would check with a realtor on the various HOA and condo fees. They are also on the MLS listings. I live in Cascades but in a single family and the monthly HOA fees are pretty reasonable. I actually just checked the cascades website, the budget is on there and the townhouse dues are between $65-85/mo depending on the type of townhouse. Check out the cascades website at Cascades Community Association - Home for more info on the community!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia