Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 08:21 AM

163 posts, read 316,742 times

Advertisements

I thought I'd update on this thread since I have so many going at one time lol.

After getting some not so positive feedback about electrician jobs on Sunday, I went to bed sorta sad on Sunday. Monday our hall put us in contact with a guy that is over there now working. We called him Monday and he called us back immediately.

He was soooo helpful. Although, hubby doesn't know him personally, he is from the town we live in now. He asked where hubby had been working and we told him. Also, told him about getting laid off and told him about us wanting to come there. He said he would do some checking around about work and for us to call him back later. Meanwhile he called and checked out hubbies character/work ethics with someone he knows from home. Hubby was spoken very highly of and he said he would help us anyway he could.

Dude (I will call him that now bc its starting to get confusing) over there, said there was plenty of work. Dude works for a construction company that approves for jobs to get started. Dude said that hubby needs to get his license in Hawaii (which we've already sent in the application for) and to get on over there.

Dude said it cost him 2200.00 for him to ship his car, which was the same estimate I got online so that sounds about right.

Dude said he can stay with him for a few weeks until he finds a place. Dude said he's been there for 5 years and he loves it there. He gave us very positive information and I'm excited again lol.

Thanks for all the temporary living advice. We are checking those out. Hubby will be going to one of them for a few months

WHERE DO WE WANT TO MOVE WHEN GET THERE-
Well as of now, based off of my research, we are looking at the Kalani or the Moanolua High School district. Still researching what neighborhoods are in those districts.

UPDATE ON SELLING OUR UNUSED ITEMS-
Hot tub sold yesterday
We've had a couple of bites off of the cars we are selling on craigslist. So they must be priced right...
No bites on my photography equipment or party supply stock

This is a BIG move and I appreciate all your help and advice

I feel better about things... at least for now

Last edited by Klein5; 07-10-2013 at 08:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 11:34 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,038,603 times
Oahu is a pretty small island, so once you get there you'll easily be able to see the areas near Kalani or Moanalua schools. You'll probably be able to drive around all the housing near them within a day or two. Hopefully Dude is a straight up kinda guy and all this is on the level. If it is, it sounds great.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:27 AM

Sounds great. Thanks!
He also said the rainbows are amazing...never even thought about rainbows before...

Old 07-11-2013, 12:17 PM

1,014 posts, read 2,100,232 times
Ahhh...rainbows.
Attached Thumbnails
Klein5's Move Update-rainbow.jpg  

Old 07-11-2013, 01:01 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,757,933 times
Good Luck and Aloha. Thanks for the rainbow pic. I had forgotten how nice Hawai'i rainbows are.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:20 PM

Default Today's update

Beautiful rainbow! Unbelievable

Today's update.
Dude sent us a pic of the city from diamond head, I think. Looks amazing!

I got a bite on my photography backdrops and props on Craigslist! At least I know it's priced right. Maybe it will sell! Fingers crossed
Sell sell sell!

Old 07-11-2013, 09:01 PM

1,014 posts, read 2,100,232 times
Glad you like the rainbow pic...funny you mention the one from Dude, mine was also taken from the top of Diamond Head.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dthraco View Post
Glad you like the rainbow pic...funny you mention the one from Dude, mine was also taken from the top of Diamond Head.
Lol!
Must be a great place to see them!

Old 07-12-2013, 12:04 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,329,285 times
Trying for a lighthouse picture... There's nothing more beautiful than Hawaii if you look in the right directions!
Attached Thumbnails
Klein5's Move Update-lighthouse.jpg  

Old 07-17-2013, 07:51 AM

Beautiful! I'm a photographer and I am soooo excited to be able to take pictures of these beautiful locations!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu