Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 02:50 PM

324 posts, read 402,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRosado View Post
Are you kidding me, have you seen this thread? Read my very first post in this thread, I spoke exactly of what the topic of conversation was about. With other posters we brought up Cleveland and the thread took a lighter note and not such a harsh tone. You act like threads don't go off topic at all? What I did was far from the worst on here. You are a perfect example of trying to push things under the rug, but your little undertones do not help any discussion at all. So your comment directed towards me once again took a thread away from the topic just because you HAD to say something, yet a direct message would have sufficed. You don't quite practice what you preach. Yet, you go out of your way to make you little smarta$$ comments (that really make no sense, and push your posts even that further out of whack) just so you can put in a little emoticons. So I will make sure I do the police job as well, I just won't call out certain posters because I don't like what they're saying. I have seen several other posters for a few pages now go off the original topic. Where have you been? Nice job? Wasn't really trying to accomplish anything, but thanks!
You will find that many of the Cincy posters are overly sensitive!!! A little bit too touchy!!! They can't take what they dish out. And they never let the facts get in the way of their wrong opinions!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2012, 03:03 PM

4,485 posts, read 6,243,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiac51 View Post
You will find that many of the Cincy posters are overly sensitive!!! A little bit too touchy!!! They can't take what they dish out. And they never let the facts get in the way of their wrong opinions!!!
And you will find posts from pontiac69 quite worthless and void of content. Lights on but nobody's home.

Old 09-02-2012, 03:08 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,218,957 times
Cincinnati posters are just as sensitive as cleveland posters if not more! dont even try that pontiact! Your nickname is troller.

Old 09-02-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Cincinnati posters are just as sensitive as cleveland posters if not more! dont even try that pontiact! Your nickname is troller.
We're not sensitive. We just deal with a lot of people coming through stirring up trouble and putting up BS posts and then attacking us for standing our ground. It's all good.

As soon as I start taking city data personal I will quit using my computers altogether.

Old 09-02-2012, 03:58 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,218,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
We're not sensitive. We just deal with a lot of people coming through stirring up trouble and putting up BS posts and then attacking us for standing our ground. It's all good.

As soon as I start taking city data personal I will quit using my computers altogether.
Your rite ONLY SOME clevelanders are always doubting are city especially if they ever been their they are very bias.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:29 PM

372 posts, read 466,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
Sorry, but you're way past "a day late and a dollar short" in engaging anyone at your level of misunderstanding. Nice try in attempting to transform a past-tense thread into a volatile personal issue and reactivate a debate that was concluded over a week ago. No one's denying Cleveland's place in the sun (either in its formidable stature as one of Ohio's "3-C cities" or the renowned reputation of its Great Lakes Beer), but--as Carly Simon's 1973 global smash hit "You're So Vain" emphasized--this song ain't about you or Cleveland--so showcase your city and its beer in another thread, but don't hijack this thread (centered on Cincinnati vs. Columbus) and try to make it seem okay.
I don't care if it was over a week ago, the thread still stands. Sorry, I have work, classes, and was in New York, I can respond when I have time and feel it is justified, which this certainly is. Yet here you still go on with your whining that I went off topic, and how are you any different from "hijacking" this thread? I never started a debate, you did, which that easily can be taken to a direct message. I still have yet to see you do so. So please, continue to prove my point. Take this thread down your little argumentative road...

Once again I will say this. Go back throughout several pages of this thread, my first post was spot on with what the topic was about, you can deny that all you want, but the post is there on page 7. All I did was lighten the mood of the thread, because it was going off topic well before I ever even posted. I mentioned the strengths of both cities (Columbus and Cincinnati). You just didn't like what I had to say, and made a little comment that is just as wrong as you claiming I am trying to ruin the thread. Clearly you are only pointing out what you want to justify your claim because there is a lot worse in this thread than any of my comments. Explore CD a little more, it's not uncommon for people to mention their city or another city that wasn't even part of the OP, but that usually isn't against the TOS and nothing was taken out of context here except your little complaint. If it actually was an argument saying that Cleveland blew Columbus and Cincinnati out of the water, that would be a different story, but all it was was a little joking aside that every other poster had no problem with.

A little searching makes me wonder what Cincinnati has to do with this thread: ?

World Class Indy?

There was no hijacking. Such a harsh word. I am not trying to make anything seem "ok", because everything I have posted here has been "ok".

Old 09-02-2012, 08:33 PM

372 posts, read 466,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Your rite ONLY SOME clevelanders are always doubting are city especially if they ever been their they are very bias.
Is pontiac from Cleveland? Because I don't see any Clevelanders doubting Cincinnati at all. I have spoken very highly of Cincinnati, especially since I have joined CD. If anything, NE Ohioans act like we are a separate state all together.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:08 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,074,066 times
Sometimes you just have to feel bad for Toledo and Dayton.

Old 09-03-2012, 04:01 AM

3,530 posts, read 5,026,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRosado View Post
...A little searching makes me wonder what Cincinnati has to do with this thread: ?
World Class Indy?
Sadly enough, "a little searching" is all you did before adding this irrelevant observation--not even realizing that my "little remark" tied into a heated debate over on a thread from another forum entitled "Indy-vs-C-Bus-vs-Cincy," wherein the same Indy poster went totally off with a multitude of inane comments about Cincinnati.
Quote:
...There was no hijacking. Such a harsh word. I am not trying to make anything seem "ok", because everything I have posted here has been "ok".
Okay, you may not have actually "hijacked" the thread; you merely diverted it more than necessary--ok?

Old 09-03-2012, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Sometimes you just have to feel bad for Toledo and Dayton.
Dayton is a once great city on the skids. I lived there for two years. I spent a LOT of time bicycling most of it's neighborhoods. I was amazed at the historic districts and general character of the place. It has a lot of potential to become a cool place to live. Sadly, nobody has gotten the ball rolling in any meaningful way. There have been improvements but nothing to stem businesses and residents from leaving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio