Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2011, 11:29 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,389,805 times

Advertisements

Yep, 1.6% increase from '00 to '10. Getting older too, 13.9% increase in the over 65 population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 01:05 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,610,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
2000 Census: 11,353,150
2010 Census: 11,536,504

Source?

The source is Forbes.

Old 06-28-2011, 02:52 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,899,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
Ohio is losing population. Akron, Cleveland, and Dayton just saw 20% drops in real estate prices.
And did you just read the new report today where Detroit had seen the worst decline in their home prices? Michigan is in terrible shape, lets see how bad the new unemployment numbers are for Michigan's metros. Michigan actually saw its unemployment rate go up last month, 10.3%, while Ohio's is still at 8.6%, that's almost a two percent differance. Compare Cleveland's 7.6% to Detroit's 11.5%... ouch!

Wasn't Michigan the only state to decline in population? Come on down to metro Cleveland and talk with all the native Michiganders that now live here. But you see Michigan plates all over the state of Ohio. I was at Cedar Point with my girlfriend last weekend, I swear I thought I was in Michigan will all those piece of sh** cars they drive. Every hear of a body shop, rust on every inch of their cars. It's funny, when I go to Michigan all you see is cars on the side of the road, can't tell if it is from the lack of taking car of them or the third world country roads you guys have.

Old 06-28-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RioDominicana View Post
According to the census, Ohio gained population, taking into consideration that the census always skips a few people. You do realize the people who leave Akron, Cleveland and Dayton only move out to suburbs and to other counties and don't actually leave state don't you?
Forget ram. He/she is a troll who has had some bad experience in Ohio and now trolls in the Ohio forum because they are obsessed with the state.

They probaly don't know how Akron has completely transformed itself into a tech hub, or how Cleveland is a medical giant and has billions of dollars worth of construction projects going on right now. Maybe there is a reason why Detroit's leaders come to cities like Cleveland and Milwaukee to try and turn that city around, but they never seem to get it right.

Old 06-28-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
The source is Forbes.
Forbes, come on ram, at least try to make yourself look a little more credible and go with a better source. Everyone knows forbes is a joke.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:04 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,610,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler87 View Post
And did you just read the new report today where Detroit had seen the worst decline in their home prices? Michigan is in terrible shape, lets see how bad the new unemployment numbers are for Michigan's metros. Michigan actually saw its unemployment rate go up last month, 10.3%, while Ohio's is still at 8.6%, that's almost a two percent differance. Compare Cleveland's 7.6% to Detroit's 11.5%... ouch!

Wasn't Michigan the only state to decline in population? Come on down to metro Cleveland and talk with all the native Michiganders that now live here. But you see Michigan plates all over the state of Ohio. I was at Cedar Point with my girlfriend last weekend, I swear I thought I was in Michigan will all those piece of sh** cars they drive. Every hear of a body shop, rust on every inch of their cars. It's funny, when I go to Michigan all you see is cars on the side of the road, can't tell if it is from the lack of taking car of them or the third world country roads you guys have.

Why did I see cars with Ohio plates all over the Traverse City/Charlevoix/Petoskey area? Are those Buckeyes looking to see real lakes?

Old 06-29-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Why did I see cars with Ohio plates all over the Traverse City/Charlevoix/Petoskey area? Are those Buckeyes looking to see real lakes?
I see real lakes all the time in Ohio. Come on, your bias is showing.

Hey, I never see the amount of Ohio cars in Michigan like the Michigan cars I see in Ohio. I mean I can understand one section of the state, but Michigan cars are EVERYWHERE here. And I see no Ohio posters posting in the Michigan forum, but you are always down here in the Ohio forum. Let that be sort of an example of all the Michiganders down here in Ohio.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:27 PM

BTW, the new unemployment numbers came out, as I predicted, bad news for Michigan like always. Detroit is now at 11.6%... Ohio's worse off metro of Youngstown is at 9.1%. That beats out almost all of Michigan's large metro areas. Better than Battle Creek, Muskegon, Jackson and the warzones of Flint, Saginaw, and Detroit.

Old 07-28-2011, 01:31 PM

3 posts, read 7,082 times
Default Sucks

It will be 7 months now since I have not found a job yet.

Old 07-28-2011, 04:01 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
Yep, 1.6% increase from '00 to '10. Getting older too, 13.9% increase in the over 65 population.
Out-migration is increasing, particularly the young and educated- if they aren't staying in Ohio metros.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio