Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 06:09 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,939,919 times

Advertisements

I thought that's why you moved there. I guess it all comes down to supply and demand. Ohio sure educates and supplies a lot ofteachers, but demand is not very high in most areas of study, save math or science.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2009, 08:51 PM

Some of the best food in Warren.........The Hot Dog Shoppe! Best chili sauce, hot dogs and family fries ever!

Oh, and i had a Cherry Pop! Good times.....

Old 03-22-2009, 09:01 PM

5,510 posts, read 9,497,612 times
I've never been to the Hot Dog Shoppe. The only hot dog place I'm familiar with "up north" is Jib Jab. How do they compare?

Old 03-22-2009, 09:21 PM

1,975 posts, read 5,215,871 times
Interesting thread CortlandGirl. You definitely have much knowledge and pride for the Y-Town area! It's nice to see some positive things about a region that gets kicked around so much. I grew up in northeast Ohio and have many friends in the Y-Town area. In fact one of my best friends is from Cortland and always raves about the Hot Dog Shoppe. I have never been there, but now I know what he was talking about! I'm not so sure it can top a dog from Eddy's Grill up in Geneva-on-the-Lake though.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
I've never been to the Hot Dog Shoppe. The only hot dog place I'm familiar with "up north" is Jib Jab. How do they compare?
I believe they are owned by the same people......not positive and i also believe the food is the same. I haven't been to the Jib Jab in years!

Old 03-22-2009, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Lakes View Post
Interesting thread CortlandGirl. You definitely have much knowledge and pride for the Y-Town area! It's nice to see some positive things about a region that gets kicked around so much. I grew up in northeast Ohio and have many friends in the Y-Town area. In fact one of my best friends is from Cortland and always raves about the Hot Dog Shoppe. I have never been there, but now I know what he was talking about! I'm not so sure it can top a dog from Eddy's Grill up in Geneva-on-the-Lake though.
Thanks, 5Lakes! Our region does get kicked around a lot, but it's home and i like it here. I'm also proud of the history here and think it's important to share it.

That's funny that your friend is from Cortland. If he's in the 25-40ish age range i probably know him or know of him. If you want you can DM me his name. It sure is a small world out there and Cortland is a town where most long time residents at least know of one another. You'll definitely have to check out The Hot Dog Shoppe if you are ever in the Cortland/Warren area........i've never made it to Geneva, but i might have to check i out now!

Old 03-22-2009, 10:03 PM

602 posts, read 2,034,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CortlandGirl79 View Post
I believe they are owned by the same people......not positive and i also believe the food is the same. I haven't been to the Jib Jab in years!
Either way, its good stuff and those pics are making me hungry!

Old 05-06-2009, 09:09 PM

Ok, so it's been a while since i posted anything to this tour. Last Saturday there was a rally for the middle class on Courthouse Square so while i was there i decided to take some shots. Hope you all enjoy!

The Courthouse from High St.

Take notice of all the GM cars..........Warren is a GM town

Warren's Carnegie.........now the Law Library.........also home to J.W. Packards Books..........he matched Carnegie's donation...

Close-up on High St.

Corner of W. Market St. and Main

Looking down W. Market towards the west side of town............the bridge in the background used to be black (I'm guessing due to pollution from the mills and other industry.......don't have to worry about that anymore) and was recently sandblasted

The fountain is working again

Last edited by CortlandGirl79; 05-06-2009 at 09:25 PM..

Old 05-06-2009, 09:19 PM

Market St.

Park Ave.

Corner of Market and Park

Park Ave.

The Comfort Inn aka Park Hotel

Notice the Parkard Block

I hear the Blue Iris has some great food......still need to check it out

Another shot of the old library

The Hippodrome on High St. notice the guy in the white dress shirt.........Congressman Tim Ryan D-17 District

Old 05-07-2009, 01:13 AM

365 posts, read 1,402,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truemuck View Post
Either way, its good stuff and those pics are making me hungry!
No doubt! Seeing Hot Dog Shoppe's dogs @ 3:00AM is bad news... now I WANT one!! (or 3-4).

Awesome photos, Cort!! I've seen bits of this thread before but I don't recall ever seeing it front to back... there's some really, really nice shots here!

Jumping back to the Buckeye thread... the photo of the courthouse that I was thinking of is really similar to the last one on your 2nd to the last picture post on this page (if that made any sense at all, lol).

I also really like the next photo up from that one... I don't know if it was intentional or not but you captured a little girl holding a sign that says "My Dad lost his job..." with a saddened look on her face. It's often said that a picture can say a thousand words... this one speaks far beyond that. Great shot!!

Last edited by Cisco GT; 05-07-2009 at 01:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio