Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 09:27 AM

3,343 posts, read 10,937,749 times

Advertisements

Here is a pic of the new Lincoln K-8 school on Atlantic St. on the Northeast side of town. I have several g/f's that send their kids here and they love it

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 08:40 AM

3,106 posts, read 7,375,925 times
The street or streets which showed Gary Rich and the Upton House - what streets are those?

Thanks for the photo tour. Haven't been back to Warren for several years.

Packard Music Hall and the Episocopal church (the one on Atlantic Street if memory serves correct) used to have some fantastic teen dances in the 1970's.

Are Rt. 422 (especially close to town) and Elm Road still as full of potholes as they normally were?

Last edited by vec101; 07-06-2008 at 08:41 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 07-06-2008, 08:52 AM

"CortlandGirl79; As for the Hot Dog Shoppe, oh my god, i love that place!! I just ate there last week! You can't beat the prices or the chili dogs and red pop (you'll have to get used to the pop thing)!/"

Anytime a family member gets back to Warren - HAVE to go to the hot dog shop and get a pizza from Sunrise. When Mom still lived in Warren and I moved out-of-state - when she came to visit I always had her bring me a Sunrise pizza.

Oh yum, I am getting hungry for one now - been years since I had one. Gonna have to make a Sunrise Pizza run (only 6 hours from my house) and visit a couple friends. PLEASE tell me they are still in business.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CortlandGirl79 View Post
... chili dogs and red pop (you'll have to get used to the pop thing)!Cort
I too say pop but never will again in certain situations -- will say soda. We were changing puddle-jumpers in the Caribbean on the way back to the US. I had a couple cans of pop I've never seen in the US and really liked. A US immigration lady was walking with us from one plane to take us to the other plane (yes, this is how small the plane/airport was). As we were walking she asked us the normal immigration questions. When she asked us about food items, I said the only thing I had was a pop. Her eyes got big and she said "what"! -- you know what she thought I said. I got a look of panic on my face, pulled out the cans of pop, and said "soda pop, soda pop". She started laughing. I was reminded again of how most of the world says soda.

Old 07-06-2008, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post
The street or streets which showed Gary Rich and the Upton House - what streets are those?

Thanks for the photo tour. Haven't been back to Warren for several years.

Packard Music Hall and the Episocopal church (the one on Atlantic Street if memory serves correct) used to have some fantastic teen dances in the 1970's.

Are Rt. 422 (especially close to town) and Elm Road still as full of potholes as they normally were?
Those two homes are on Mahoning Ave. north of the Square. Actually, the Upton House is across from City Hall or the Perkins Mansion, whatever you want to call it.

Yes, i heard they used to have dances there back then. My parents both grew up in Warren (dad-Harding '71, mom-Reserve '72) and they always talk about the dances. My dad always talks about going to see "The Holes in the Road", a local band he liked back then.

As for the potholes, i don't recall seeing on Elm Rd. lately. They have recently paved part of 422, but some of it still has some pot holes. Hopefully not as bad as when you were here!

Old 07-06-2008, 08:00 PM

Quote:

Anytime a family member gets back to Warren - HAVE to go to the hot dog shop and get a pizza from Sunrise. When Mom still lived in Warren and I moved out-of-state - when she came to visit I always had her bring me a Sunrise pizza.

Oh yum, I am getting hungry for one now - been years since I had one. Gonna have to make a Sunrise Pizza run (only 6 hours from my house) and visit a couple friends. PLEASE tell me they are still in business.
Oh yes, you are making me hungry here too! Thank god i live in Warren!!!

I would recommend that anyone moving to the area eat at The Hot Dog Shoppe (make sure to get a chili dog and try the fries), Sunrise, and Brother's (the original brother's or the ones in Cortland or Champion, i love their Italian Sub, yummy!) You also have to get some Handel's Ice Cream!!!

Sunrise Inn Express: Columbus, OH - About Looks like Sunrise is now in Columbus!

Handel's Homemade Ice Cream &*Yogurt:*Home

Old 07-07-2008, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CortlandGirl79 View Post
Thanks for the website for Sunrise. It says they FedEx pizzas. Oh yes, I'm going to have a couple Fedexed. I've never come across a pizza anywhere that tastes like Sunrises.

Old 07-07-2008, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the website for Sunrise. It says they FedEx pizzas. Oh yes, I'm going to have a couple Fedexed. I've never come across a pizza anywhere that tastes like Sunrises.
That's great! Enjoy your pizza!

Old 07-16-2008, 07:10 PM

Just wanted to remind everyone that the Packard Car Show is taking place in Warren this week and weekend. Tomorrow a local historian will be giving a talk on the Packard Family and the homes on Mahoning Ave. Tomorrow evening he will be giving a tour of Oakwood Cemetery. Here's a link to the museum and calendar of events: The National Packard Museum - Warren, Ohio (broken link)

Old 07-18-2008, 08:23 AM

Here's an article on some of the Packard festivities so far.
Cemetery tour welcomes Packard enthusiasts - Trib Today

Yesterday my dad and i went to a lecture at the Warren library on the Packard family and the old homes on Mahoning Ave. very interesting! Too bad i was the youngest person there by about 30 years or so! I think most of the people were at least 80 years old! We need some younger people to get interested in our history here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio