Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2008, 03:12 PM

215 posts, read 525,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComputerGuy View Post

Did a quick perusal here, and if I'm not mistaken, you're from Tulsa and currently living in SoCal...

So, will you be yet another to travel the old "Cali-Okie Trail"?
Many have blazed that path already.
Yep! Originally from SoCal, did couple of years in OKC in the 70's. Seems like everyone I knew in SoCal came from OK. Then I wound up in Tulsa for 10 years from mid-80's to mid-90's. I thought I'd retire back here, but as you have gathered from many posts by others, it ain't the same out here anymore. But what is? I really liked living back there and my favorite place to visit was Lake Tenkiller. Friend had family there around Gore, Vian areas, but they have all passed. I will still try to get there to retire asap. Got the real-estate problems others have now, so it may take a bit, but you can bet I'll be hittin' the road as soon as I can. I want more country in my future and want it in close proximity to Tulsa for all the stuff they have there. I really enjoyed all the "stuff" they do. Mayfest, Octoberfest, etc, and I am looking forward to being able to do that again. IF THE GAS CAN BE AFFORDED TO GET INTO TOWN! At my age that last ice storm the area had kinda freaked me out. It was the worst they'd had in a long time so it might not happen again in my lifetime. Positive thinking....

I think you mentioned restaurants somewhere in a post. Have you run across "Impressions"? I think they are downtown now, but that used to be a haunt and they used to have great chow and reasonable when they were in the original location on Peoria. Time may have changed it. 10-12 years seems to do that.

Still happy you are still alive...
FCG

Old 08-10-2008, 03:45 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Impressions Restaurant LLC
(918) 587-0515
507 S Main St, Tulsa, OK 74103 Map it | Get directions
Cross Streets: Between E 6th St S/W 6th St S and E 4th St S/W 4th St

Impressions Restaurant LLC, Tulsa, OK : Reviews and maps - Yahoo! Local

Old 08-10-2008, 03:48 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,985,416 times
Impressions no loner exists unless I am mistaken. But there are some really nice replacements around...........

Guess I was wrong..........ooooops.........

The more I think about it, wasn't Impressions on the corner (nearly) of Lewis and 15th? The knocked it down when they built the Albertson's (now Reasor's) store there?

Old 08-10-2008, 04:17 PM

215 posts, read 525,167 times
Default Impressions

I thought it was Peoria, but it could have been Lewis. I heard or read they did flatten it for some market. It used to be so 70's cool looking. At my age my memory is failing fast.

Old 08-10-2008, 05:46 PM

432 posts, read 669,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComputerGuy View Post
Hey folks!

Long time no see...
The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

Looks kinda quiet here.
Hi CG! How are you? Good to see you again!

Due to the many things to do, I haven't been around much lately myself. These days, I show up about once a week, on weekends. Hopefully, things will ease up so that I can visit more often.

Old 08-10-2008, 06:09 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,829,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Impressions no loner exists unless I am mistaken. But there are some really nice replacements around...........

Guess I was wrong..........ooooops.........

The more I think about it, wasn't Impressions on the corner (nearly) of Lewis and 15th? The knocked it down when they built the Albertson's (now Reasor's) store there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCntryBumpkin View Post
I thought it was Peoria, but it could have been Lewis. I heard or read they did flatten it for some market. It used to be so 70's cool looking. At my age my memory is failing fast.
New location? Impressions Restaurant Tulsa Oklahoma Serving Tulsa Since 1978 Does that sound like the same place?

Old 08-10-2008, 07:42 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,790,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted_Foster View Post

Due to the many things to do, I haven't been around much lately myself. These days, I show up about once a week, on weekends. Hopefully, things will ease up so that I can visit more often.
Yeah, we missed you too Ted. Slowly everyone's coming back it seems

Old 08-11-2008, 03:32 AM

1,989 posts, read 4,403,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
Let's see... there was the time he'd put a new CD drive in it, and a week later it quit working. He brought a CD with a whole slew of diagnostic programs on it, put it in, and the CD drive went nutso. Kept going faster and faster until the disk shattered and he unplugged it. We looked at each other, he said "well, it's still under warrantee," so I said "Send them the pieces of your disk, too, with a list of what was on it, They should replace it." He did, and they did. And it took another month, but I finally got a drive that worked.
Interesting, but not mysterious.

Old 08-11-2008, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Yep! Originally from SoCal, did couple of years in OKC in the 70's. Seems like everyone I knew in SoCal came from OK. Then I wound up in Tulsa for 10 years from mid-80's to mid-90's.
Wow... You've been around.

With this new job, I'll get to see LOTS of OK
I'll be doing a lot of field work.
There's no better way to learn your way around.

Quote:
I thought I'd retire back here, but as you have gathered from many posts by others, it ain't the same out here anymore. But what is?
Every place changes...
Sometimes for the better, but not usually.
Since I've never seen Tulsa until this year,
I have no point of reference to compare it to.

Quote:
I really liked living back there and my favorite place to visit was Lake Tenkiller. Friend had family there around Gore, Vian areas, but they have all passed. I will still try to get there to retire asap.
Never saw any of those places yet.
I did get to experience retirement for a few months this year though.
It's not for me... Yet.

Quote:
Got the real-estate problems others have now, so it may take a bit,
Been there, done that.

Quote:
but you can bet I'll be hittin' the road as soon as I can. I want more country in my future and want it in close proximity to Tulsa for all the stuff they have there. I really enjoyed all the "stuff" they do. Mayfest, Octoberfest, etc, and I am looking forward to being able to do that again.
That's a cool thing about this area...
You can live in the country or suburbs and still be very close to the big city.

And the big city is SIGNIFICANTLY easier to navigate than Boston was.

Quote:
IF THE GAS CAN BE AFFORDED TO GET INTO TOWN!
I have an 8 cylinder vehicle (would rather have a 4 cylinder these days though)
and pulled a trailer 1,700 miles and it cost me about $450 in gas...
Not too bad... Cheaper than flying and paying a mover.

Quote:
At my age that last ice storm the area had kinda freaked me out. It was the worst they'd had in a long time so it might not happen again in my lifetime. Positive thinking....
The ice wasn't a huge deal in NH, but they were properly set up to deal with it.
Since it's such a rare occurrence here, I don't imagine it would be a good investment for them.

Quote:
I think you mentioned restaurants somewhere in a post. Have you run across "Impressions"? I think they are downtown now, but that used to be a haunt and they used to have great chow and reasonable when they were in the original location on Peoria. Time may have changed it. 10-12 years seems to do that.
I've only eaten out 3 or 4 times since I got to OK.
In a couple of months, I may get adventurous and try the Golden Corral.
As a rule, my wife's cooking is better than restaurant food.
Lucky for me, she likes to cook.

Quote:
Still happy you are still alive...
Thanks... At least someone is.

Old 08-11-2008, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted_Foster View Post

Hey Ted!
How goes it?

Looks like this place is picking up again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma