Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 02:08 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,520,688 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't say you were backward or a hick. I would just say that I think it is more of an announcement that they are not ashamed anymore and they do not need to hide their feelings as America is (or at least should be) a lot more open minded! It is also a really fun time and a great place to make new friends!!! It's just like having a state fair or the local fairs that people have! Just a celebration and there is nothing more beautiful than a person who is happy with who they are and finds a reason to celebrate!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 02:10 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
Hmm I believe that balloon from Oz had "Omaha" on it and it went over the rainbow!

Old 06-18-2008, 02:11 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,070,365 times
Honestly? I don't much care what your sexual choices/preferences are. I'm not going to hold a parade to tell you I'm proud to be a hetero...and I just don't understand the idea of having a parade to tell someone you're not.

Old 06-18-2008, 02:11 PM

1,119 posts, read 4,199,587 times
Default ...

Well, for one having this parade and having a good turnout shows society that we aren't going away, and that they can either keep fighting against us, or take us as one of their own..

It's a way to show society that we are here and strong, we are hard workers, we are educators, we good people... But it seems that mainstream society thinks otherwise, and believes that we are trying to take down america, steal your kids heterosexuality and become a priest of a bad church...

Or better yet, where we go, a natural disaster will soon follow... Remember Katrina? How many people said it was because of a gay pride event? It was weeks away yet and the only people affected where the citizens, the gay people ended up having the even in Florida where it was sunny and nice..

Old 06-18-2008, 02:12 PM

1,362 posts, read 4,619,196 times
Omaha actually has a very large Pride celebration even compared to bigger cities around the country. We are fortunate to have this event here.

Also it's not a celbration of sexual practices. Not would be a parade with everyone saying "I Like Missionary!" or "I like being tickled and tied up!"

What we're celebrating is that we are happy with who we are. We accept ourselves. Why anyone would chose to be gay is beyond me. Why you would want to risk losing your family and friends love or even risk harm to yourself by being what you are.

People tend to focus on the sexual aspect of being gay and that's not at all what we're about is just having sex with people of the same gender. Gay people are just as monogomous and whorish as straight people. The sexual parrallels between gay people and straight are the some other than gender.

Old 06-18-2008, 02:13 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,070,365 times
How are people "fighting" you?

You have the same rights as anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
Gay people are just as monogomous and whorish as straight people.

I'd also love to see some statistics to back this one up. The statistics that I've heard are different.

Old 06-18-2008, 02:17 PM

Default ...

We have the same rights, you got that right... Gay men can marry a straight woman, and a lesbian woman can marry a straight man...

But gay men cannot marry somebody they are in love with that is also a gay man, and a lesbian woman cannot marry somebody they are in love with that is a lesbian woman... (minus, of course of the whole child molesting side of us)...

Also, under federal law, there is no protection from businesses deciding not to hire you because they know you are gay... Whether you are gay or straight...

Also, a straight or gay person coming out of a gay bar will be assumed to be gay by a bunch of gay bashers with bats, and they won't believe you if you say your straight...

So, I guess your right..

Old 06-18-2008, 02:17 PM

240 posts, read 504,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post

Have you seen any news the last five years.

Marriage?

Old 06-18-2008, 02:18 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,520,688 times
Except for marriage. And the rights they do have are only there because they fought long and hard for them!!!

Old 06-18-2008, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post

I'd also love to see some statistics to back this one up. The statistics that I've heard are different.

I know many people who have lived with people they are in love with for many years, and I have been living with mine for 2 years and it keeps getting better... But, you're probably right, two gay men cannot love each other like a man and a woman... So go ahead and keep forcing your religeous and political agenda on our lives like as if we will some day change 'our decision' and go straight and society will never have to remember this horrible period of human history where people went awry and 'decided' to go gay...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha