Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2017, 02:09 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSR13 View Post
Lol, this is "simply life" in a Boomerworld where no one gives a damn about the subsequent generations.
No, it is life.

Has nothing to do with Boomers, who worked hard and made a decent life while dealing with all the problems they faced. Millennials need to do the same.

Remember the Millennials are in the vast majority of cases the children of Boomers. Yes some parents don't care but the vast majority of Boomers were raised to care about family and do.

As for caring, it seem the Millennials do not as they want prop 13 cancelled so Boomers would be driven out of their homes with higher property taxes, which is why it passed in the first place by ......... Boomers to help the generation before them. It seems many Millennials are the ones who do not care about anyone but themselves.

Whining won't change reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2017, 07:31 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,140,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
No, it is life.

Has nothing to do with Boomers, who worked hard and made a decent life while dealing with all the problems they faced. Millennials need to do the same.

Remember the Millennials are in the vast majority of cases the children of Boomers. Yes some parents don't care but the vast majority of Boomers were raised to care about family and do.

As for caring, it seem the Millennials do not as they want prop 13 cancelled so Boomers would be driven out of their homes with higher property taxes, which is why it passed in the first place by ......... Boomers to help the generation before them. It seems many Millennials are the ones who do not care about anyone but themselves.

Whining won't change reality.
What about Gen X, do we exist? I know Boomers think they are the most important generation but please remember that we exist.

In reality, the generation that lost the most during the Great Recession was GEN X. This includes OC.

Last edited by LuvSouthOC; 11-17-2017 at 07:43 PM..

Old 11-17-2017, 07:38 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
What about Gen X, do we exist? I know Boomers think they are the most important generation. In reality, the generation that lost the most during the Great Recession were GEN X. This includes OC.

Stop with the animosity towards Boomers. We're dying off now, anyway.

Boomers drove and changed everything. Believe it. Now it's your turn.

Old 11-17-2017, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
[/b]

Stop with the animosity towards Boomers. We're dying off now, anyway.

Boomers drove and changed everything. Believe it. Now it's your turn.
I don't hate them. How could I hate someone based on a category? As for our turn, my point is that many are trying to erase us (not saying Expat was doing that, but many forget we exist). We won't be erased even though all I read about is Millennials and Boomers. Hello, we are here.

And as for our turn, I don't see when we will get one. Will there, for example, be a Gen X president...ever?

As for OC, we worked hard as Gen Xers to buy ultra high priced houses to live amongst the Boomers who bought when it was cheap.

Old 11-18-2017, 04:30 PM

Quote:
What about Gen X, do we exist? I know Boomers think they are the most important generation but please remember that we exist.

In reality, the generation that lost the most during the Great Recession was GEN X. This includes OC.
Gen X was simply born at a bad time as when they reached adulthood, things went bad for a while. Not their fault, but kinda like those who turned 18 when a major war started and were drafted. They had to deal with it.

Kinda like the baby-boomers drafted for Vietnam and a lot of them were killed, ended up with PTSD, damage from agent orange and drug use which was common. Boomers are not the most "important" generation, just the largest and now the oldest and are targeted for doing well in spite of multiple recessions, the Vietnam war and more. It is like Millennials think Baby-boomers had a perfect life with no problems.

Old 11-18-2017, 04:33 PM

Quote:
I don't hate them. How could I hate someone based on a category? As for our turn, my point is that many are trying to erase us (not saying Expat was doing that, but many forget we exist). We won't be erased even though all I read about is Millennials and Boomers. Hello, we are here.

And as for our turn, I don't see when we will get one. Will there, for example, be a Gen X president...ever?

As for OC, we worked hard as Gen Xers to buy ultra high priced houses to live amongst the Boomers who bought when it was cheap.
Yes it is more expensive now, but Boomers have little to do with that. Millions of people born in CA or moving to CA have driven the prices up.

Gen X seems to be "ignored" because they generally do not whine as much as Millennials. They struggle as well, but seem to just keep on trying.

Mind you a lot of Boomers are in the same situation and had to move out of State to find an affordable place to live. It isn't just one generation facing the problems.

I love SoCal too, just dislike a lot that has happened to it.

Old 11-25-2017, 04:01 PM

The "agrihood" of Rancho Mission Viejo seems to be appealing to millennial buyers who can afford it.

Tour Orange County's Rancho Mission Viejo agrihood in California - Business Insider

OC millenial buyers turn up their noses to golf courses...

Agrihoods replace golf communities for millennial homebuyers - Business Insider

Last edited by LuvSouthOC; 11-25-2017 at 04:14 PM..

Old 11-25-2017, 04:11 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,687,308 times
Quote:
The "agrihood" of Rancho Mission Viejo seems to be appealing to millennial buyers who have can afford it.

Tour Orange County's Rancho Mission Viejo agrihood in California - Business Insider

OC millenial buyers turn up their nose to gold courses...

Agrihoods replace golf communities for millennial homebuyers - Business Insider
That sounds appealing, but some Rancho Mission Viejo residents are complaining about a foul odor in the air:
Rancho Mission Viejo residents frustrated with continuing foul smell from water-treatment plant – Orange County Register

That sulfuric smell, they say, comes from the Chiquita Treatment Plant, operated by the Santa Margarita Water District, that sits at the northwest end of their properties. It’s been an ongoing problem in the new neighborhood since residents moved in, some up to 18 months ago.

“You can’t go outside and enjoy your patio unless you want to smell that,” said Bob Bone,*71, who moved to the mixed-age*community from Laguna Niguel in May 2016. “It’s embarrassing. This is a new house, a new neighborhood.”

Old 11-25-2017, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
That sounds appealing, but some Rancho Mission Viejo residents are complaining about a foul odor in the air:
Rancho Mission Viejo residents frustrated with continuing foul smell from water-treatment plant – Orange County Register

That sulfuric smell, they say, comes from the Chiquita Treatment Plant, operated by the Santa Margarita Water District, that sits at the northwest end of their properties. It’s been an ongoing problem in the new neighborhood since residents moved in, some up to 18 months ago.

“You can’t go outside and enjoy your patio unless you want to smell that,” said Bob Bone,*71, who moved to the mixed-age*community from Laguna Niguel in May 2016. “It’s embarrassing. This is a new house, a new neighborhood.”
Interesting, but they did "come to the nuissance," so to speak. See:
Residents said that documents signed when they purchased their homes indicated they might get an occasional odor from the treatment plant. Bone stopped short of saying the odor occurs every night, but said it is an issue most nights.

Old 11-25-2017, 04:20 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,687,308 times
Quote:
Interesting, but they did "come to the nuissance," so to speak. See:
Residents said that documents signed when they purchased their homes indicated they might get an occasional odor from the treatment plant. Bone stopped short of saying the odor occurs every night, but said it is an issue most nights.
Yep, but I doubt that makes it any more bearable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County