Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 06:03 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,449,173 times

Advertisements

Who's good for business accounts?

Its an old thread, I know, but I now find myself in need of a business bank account. I have a small business (sole proprietor) and am currently set up to accept checks in my business name (dba account) at OC Teachers Credit Union where I've been banking since I was in high school. Well, they've now informed me that they're no longer going to be doing DBA accounts as of September 15th.

I'm in Costa Mesa and need a bank that does DBA accounts but doesn't charge outrageous fees. Online banking and billpay is a must and I'd also like an overdraft account. I'd prefer a local bank that hopefully isn't going to merge with some other megahuge national bank and make my life miserable every couple of years. Argh this is a pain in the rear!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 10:22 PM

38,886 posts, read 22,870,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Who's good for business accounts?

Its an old thread, I know, but I now find myself in need of a business bank account. I have a small business (sole proprietor) and am currently set up to accept checks in my business name (dba account) at OC Teachers Credit Union where I've been banking since I was in high school. Well, they've now informed me that they're no longer going to be doing DBA accounts as of September 15th.

I'm in Costa Mesa and need a bank that does DBA accounts but doesn't charge outrageous fees. Online banking and billpay is a must and I'd also like an overdraft account. I'd prefer a local bank that hopefully isn't going to merge with some other megahuge national bank and make my life miserable every couple of years. Argh this is a pain in the rear!
Too bad your credit union won't support your business banking. OCTFCU (now Schools First FCU) is highly rated.

You might want to check out California Bank & Trust for your business banking. Here's their website:

California Bank & Trust Welcomes You

It just so happens they have a Costa Mesa location! By the way, I don't have personal experience with this bank; I just happen to know about them from something I saw at work.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:30 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,449,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennismpat View Post
Too bad your credit union won't support your business banking. OCTFCU (now Schools First FCU) is highly rated.

You might want to check out California Bank & Trust for your business banking. Here's their website:

California Bank & Trust Welcomes You

It just so happens they have a Costa Mesa location! By the way, I don't have personal experience with this bank; I just happen to know about them from something I saw at work.
Thanks. I'll check them out.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightsoul2008 View Post
stay FFFFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR AAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY from BoA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

try WaMu!!!!!!!!

as said from personal experience!!!
I have been with WaMu for over 20 years, back when it was Home Savings of America. I left them last year in October when I decided I couldn't handle dealing with their overseas customer service telephone reps in the Philippines! Especially when I had two incidents of identity theft, I felt I couldn't be safe with WaMu anymore.

So, I took all my money and opened accounts with a large SoCal-based credit union, Wescom Credit Union:

Welcome to Wescom

After being with the credit union these past several months and experiencing the benefits of credit union membership, I wonder why I didn't do this sooner.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:52 PM

Default The Credit Union Difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I've always used a credit union. Not sure what the advantages of a bank are (for a non-business individual). I have a safe deposit box there too.
As I just posted, I finally "saw the light" and joined a credit union. One huge advantage credit unions have over traditional banks is the Co-Op Network, which means access to 25,000 ATMs all over the country for FREE! That's more ATMs than Bank of America, Wells Fargo, WaMu or any other big-name national bank. I'm amazed at why people are willing to put up with the lousy customer service and fees of banks. I'll never go back to banking at a bank again, if I can possibly help it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County