Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 11:58 AM

365 posts, read 1,220,784 times

Advertisements

Since so many posters have offered such valuable advice on OC, I'd like to see what cities you lived in and during what years you lived there in the OC? I think this will help others to weigh their decisions and see how much cities and time periods cause differing views of OC! :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 12:25 PM

1,156 posts, read 3,783,040 times
Lived 43 years in OC and resided in Buena Park, Yorba Linda and Anaheim Hills. Also used to spend so much time during the summers at Newport Beach I can almost call myself a former part time resident there. *lol

Still love it, even with the horrendous traffic. But I cashed out and was able to buy a brand new house up here in Washington lock, stock and barrel, so I have no debt.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:35 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,150,762 times
So you were the lucky ones who had a home, made a huge profit and headed North?? I basically left in 2001 and unfortunately was never able to afford a home so left with nothing. Moved to Oregon and now reside in Washington also. I love it here, simply amazing and cheap!!!

I lived in Southern Cal for 22 years.

Costa Mesa, Garden Grove, Buena Park, Fullerton, Anaheim, Tustin, La Habra, Yorba Linda... Had/have friends in Anaheim Hills, Mission Alieso, Irvine, Yorba Linda, Brea. Also have friends in Redlands which is San Bernadino County and Vista which is North San Diego County. I also lived in San Diego County for awhile (Oceanside and Vista). I went to school in San Diego. I moved to California from the midwest in 1979 and live there until 2001.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:42 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,786,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyntheoc View Post
Since so many posters have offered such valuable advice on OC, I'd like to see what cities you lived in and during what years you lived there in the OC? I think this will help others to weigh their decisions and see how much cities and time periods cause differing views of OC! :-)
I never lived in OC. But I know how to get information to help me make wise decisions. I also provide this information and these data sources to people who ask questions on City Data.

However, I did live in Ventura County and Los Angeles County since 1961 (until 2006). I've bought and sold four homes, two in Southern California (1988, 1997, 2006)

Old 05-26-2009, 01:14 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,839,619 times
I lived in Balboa (Newport Beach) for four years (one year on a boat in the fun Zone, and a few months during this time I was technically in Costa Mesa within walking distance of Newport), then moved to Orange for five years, and then lived in Santa Ana for 9 years. Now (for the past 3.5 years) my primary residence is in Michigan, but I spend about 20 to 30% of my time in California. I generally stay in Santa Ana when I am in CA. I also lived in Laguna beach for 4 months while I was an intern during school. I also lived for short periods in Newport Heights, Mission Viejo, Los Angeles (West Hollywood) and in Burlingame. I worked from offices in Newport Beach, Orange, Santa Ana, Los Angeles, and Santa Ana Heights. A lot of my work is in the inland empire, particularly Riverside and Rancho Cucamonga. A considerable majority of my friends live in South County (Cota De Caza, Ladera Ranch, MV, Aliso Viejo, Laguna and Laguna Nigel), so I have spent quite a bit of time in those cities. I am very active and I do not watch TV so I get out to a lot of different communities while working in various religious, social, and chaitable organizations.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:10 PM

62 posts, read 181,037 times
One year in Irvine in The Colony ('89-'90).

HATED IT.
Beyond rude people who thought their caca didn't stink.

Moved to Santa Ana Heights. ('90-'08) Near Mesa/Irvine Ave.

Much nicer environment and neighbors. Close to Upper Newport Bay bike paths and the beach. Close to Orange Coast College, Southcoast Plaza, and Fashion Island. I really enjoyed living in that area.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:34 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,461,182 times
Born in Santa Ana, moved to Fountain Valley when I was a year old.

Spent the next 29 years in Fountain Valley and the past 6 back and forth between Fountain Valley and Costa Mesa a couple of times.

I drive all over OC for work so I get a pretty good feel for parts of the county I'd want to live in and what parts I wouldn't, along with traffic patterns.

Old 05-26-2009, 04:28 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,150,762 times
Be careful what you say EscapeCalifornia, there are those on this OC forum that don't like the Truth. They will ream you for being honest. By the way.. I love your username. Great idea!!
Have a nice day...

Old 05-26-2009, 04:35 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,441,588 times
Born in Pasadena, but I was raised in Placentia from then through college (23 years) (I went to CSU Fullerton).

Then I moved away and lived in Arizona, Florida, and Texas while my husband was in the military.

We have been in Orange County for 24 years since returning.
He was restationed at El Toro and we came back and moved to the very first development in what is now Aliso Viejo. In 1989 we moved to Laguna Hills to a entry level home for our first son born in 1990. When we were planning for our third child, we bought a larger home in Mission Viejo in 1994 and have been there since.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:26 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,958,238 times
Capistrano Beach and Mission Viejo, 1960 to 2004. Prior to 1960, Inglewood. Since 2004, Fontana.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County