Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2009, 08:09 PM

8,320 posts, read 13,450,418 times

Advertisements

a reasonably priced bed/mattress that is also decent quality. I am willing to spend around $500 for the mattress/box set if it is worth it. Bed wise something like Ikea's Hopen bed but preferably not costing as much.

My sister mentioned Ikea's bed being good, etc. but several online review sites were full of people who gave negative reviews for some of the popular Ikea mattresses so I wanted to start a new thread asking where and what brand of mattress you bought and how happy you are. Also if within the last 2 years, how much you paid for it.

I welcome any and all recommendations!

My shopping zone: North of Irvine all the way up to Long Beach.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 06:52 AM

9,858 posts, read 7,732,644 times
My all time favorite mattress company is Custom Comfort Mattress - they have several locations. We bought all our mattresses from them. Fantastic family owned company.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:53 AM

7,226 posts, read 22,197,011 times
costco

Old 09-16-2009, 01:54 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,810,729 times
I will second Cutom Comfort Matress Company. A great company with great products and good honest advice.

They may tell you this too, but I will tell you avoid that big brand names like Sealey etc. You are paying for marketing and not getting much for what you pay. Far mor bang for your buck at factory direct places.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:17 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,466,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
costco
I second Costco. Matresses is a seedy category to shop. Go with someone not out to scalp you.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:43 PM

8,320 posts, read 13,450,418 times
Thank you all, I checked Orange County Mattress Company, decent selection, currently running a 50% off special but not sure if it is one of those mark 'em up then give a big discount type deals or not, overall, the bed I like was about %650 with the discount. It was a nice plush queen bed, their inhouse brand but high quality, so the sales guy told me.

I can't say I cared for the sales guy's (Jerry) attitude, as soon as I told him my relatively low-ish budget, he lost interest in me and as soon as another customer walked in, he walked away without saying anything
I worked as a salesman, you gotta make each person feel important regardless of their budget, etc. Decent looking/feeling beds with really good prices (within my pay upfront budget) but service, not that good.

Next stop was Sit and Snore, bigger selection even though the sales guy told me it was one of the smaller locations (405 & Magnolia). David was the sales guy, much more informative, sincere-sounding and pleasant. He took his time to show me quite a few different model from various price ranges in spite of me hinting my relatively low budget to him. Very smart move on his part, towards the end he was showing me and making me seriously consider sets at around $1000-$1300. I liked a Miralux Destiny model the best, at $1000 for the feel and construction quality (individually wrapped 800 coils, about half inch of memory foam, micro-fibre cover on top, side casing, etc.) it seemed reasonable.
They also have free delivery and 12-month no interest no minimum payment option which is very comforting for a budget conscious buyer like me.

So, what are your opinions about my experience so far, any feedback about either store or Miralux brand? Should I bring a bottle of KY with me when purchasing a bed or are the prices I am given sound reasonable so far?

Tomorrow or Friday, I will check out a nearby Custom Comfort Mattress Co. and then go from there. Unfortunately, Costco and Sam's Club is not an option for me as I do not have their membership. Also I heard mixed reviews about their mattresses, probably more more negative than positive ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County