Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2012, 10:05 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,969,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0gat0rs View Post
It's unfortunate that the black race will once again fall victim to exploiters that stir up racial tensions and incite hatred for their own personal/monetary gains like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. You can't get 15 minutes if there's nothing to talk about. These guys care about Trayvon Martin as much as a Japanese fisherman that's been in the Pacific for the last 3 months.

Will it be another Rodney King? Using this as an excuse for looting, stealing, and robbing people? The world will be watching the response in the upcoming months.
Neither Jackson or Sharpton is promoting hatred. The New Black Panther Party yes. I dont think anyone is paying attention to them.

Have you listened to the Al Sharpton show? Have you personally had hatefull conversations with either one?

This is where I have the problem. Dont get mad the race card was pulled when Zimmerman placed it on the table. Obviously the Sanford PD mishandled the case and this is something that needed to be delt with.

Jackson or Sharpton has done nothing wrong by being part of the pursuit of justice for Martins family. If you cant accept the fact that everyone wants a fair shot and some are willing to stand up and be heard even when you dont think they should, you need to rethink what it means to be an American.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:51 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Neither Jackson or Sharpton is promoting hatred. The New Black Panther Party yes. I dont think anyone is paying attention to them.

Have you listened to the Al Sharpton show? Have you personally had hatefull conversations with either one?

This is where I have the problem. Dont get mad the race card was pulled when Zimmerman placed it on the table. Obviously the Sanford PD mishandled the case and this is something that needed to be delt with.

Jackson or Sharpton has done nothing wrong by being part of the pursuit of justice for Martins family. If you cant accept the fact that everyone wants a fair shot and some are willing to stand up and be heard even when you dont think they should, you need to rethink what it means to be an American.
Sharpton or Jackson never show up unless it's in their best interest. Wonder how they feel about this young black man ?

Florida Teen Faces Life Sentence In Slaying Of British Tourists | Fox News

Old 03-29-2012, 11:18 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,969,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Sharpton or Jackson never show up unless it's in their best interest. Wonder how they feel about this young black man ?

Florida Teen Faces Life Sentence In Slaying Of British Tourists | Fox News
Call them and find out?

This is a hatefilled crime and the person that used the racial slur and committed murder was prosecuted according to the law. Not the case with the Zimmerman/Martin case that was going to be swept under the rug.

There are no similarities in the case accept the fact that a racial slur was used.

Once again call them and find out what they have to say.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:19 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,084,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimewitue View Post
Okay I don't want a race riot two u only mention grass. Have u ever had a broken nose or nose bleed it's impossible not have any blood on your shirt. It's raining that night Zimmerman clothes look freshly pressed and iron. Man this was a cover up the 911 tapes and video. The gurlfriend testimony. Probable cause is here there more than enough evidence for arrest here.

It's all coming out more evidence points to Zimmerman acting a vigilante. Than in self defense. Witnesses say it was boy screaming for help.

Just arrest Zimmerman and bring the evidence to court. Cause someone is lying and it stinks
Yes, someone is lying.

There has only been more evidence to the contrary. The only witnesses that said it was a boy, said it sounded like a boy. There is no way you can say a 17 year old that is taller than a 28 YO will always "sound" younger.

Last edited by Cruzincat; 03-29-2012 at 11:43 AM..

Old 03-29-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Dont get mad the race card was pulled when Zimmerman placed it on the table.
Where? How? Just the fact that Trayvon was black does not make it a racial issue. The tapes need to be analyzed by experts to see if that one, under the breath remark by Zimmerman was indeed a racial epithet. Until then, I see no reason to believe Zimmerman is a racist.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:30 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,038,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Where? How? Just the fact that Trayvon was black does not make it a racial issue. The tapes need to be analyzed by experts to see if that one, under the breath remark by Zimmerman was indeed a racial epithet. Until then, I see no reason to believe Zimmerman is a racist.
The racist piece is yet to be determined one way or the other, however I would think it's fair to call him a vigilante. He followed Trayvon even after 9-1-1 told him to back off, that's an undisputed fact. It certainly undermines his credibility in my eyes.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen2323 View Post
Not one thing has come out yet to substantiate George's story of self defense.
How about the (at least two) witnesses that saw Trayvon on top of Zimmerman beat his head into the sidewalk? How many times could someone beat your head into the sidewalk before you would pull a gun that you had and use it on them? It would have to be before you lost consciousness, or you might die. Which means it came to one or the other.

Look. The 911 tape stops where Zimmerman says OK after being told, "We don't need you to follow him", and there is a blank in the story after that for who knows how long, but, according to Zimmerman he was returning to his vehicle and Trayvon jumped him. How much time is between that is hard to say. A lot could have happened or very little. If Zimmerman stopped following him when he said OK and started returning to the vehicle, or if he continued for a while to follow him, we just don't know at this point. Hopefully a more complete investigation can put a timeline together and see how long. They have all the 911 tapes(time stamped-I hope), and heard the gunshots on at least one of them. Give the SPD a chance to put it all together and present it to the Grand Jury. Either way, it will eventually come out.

edit: They can also determine where things happened according to location by witnesses, to determine how long it would take to get from one point to another. There is a lot the SPD can look at.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:07 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,815,515 times
Quote:

Yea, Sharpton was all over that Duke Lacrosse case.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:16 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,322,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
The racist piece is yet to be determined one way or the other, however I would think it's fair to call him a vigilante. He followed Trayvon even after 9-1-1 told him to back off, that's an undisputed fact. It certainly undermines his credibility in my eyes.
Bingo. That alone could have avoided this entire tragedy from the getgo

Old 03-29-2012, 12:26 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,038,899 times
I have a hard time putting Sharpton and Jackson in the same category.

Sharpton has had his face in any "high profile" case the "might" involve race as far back as I can recall. Anyone remember Bernie Goetz 28 years ago? Or better yet, that liar Tawana Brawley a couple of years later? He lost all of his credibility with me forever right then and there.

Yes, Jesse Jackson gave him his start, but then pulled back and distanced himself as Sharpton got more and more radical in his behavior and causes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando