Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2012, 03:35 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,207,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Martin was taller by about 5-6 inches over Zimmerman. The pictures that have been shown of him are supposedly 3-5 years old.

He was not taller than Zimmerman. Zimmerman was bigger than he was by at leas 85 pounds and taller.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:14 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,171,154 times
I think some people here are seriously confused about the criminal justice system in this country. An arrest or detention does NOT mean someone is guilty.

What's so hard to understand about that?

I'm certainly not assuming Trayvon was some little angel. But Zimmerman should have been detained at least long enough to be interrogated and evidence collected. Whether or not Trayvon wore a hoodie, smoked marijuana, had a bad character etc simply is not relevant at this stage of the game. Everyone has to obey our laws and is affored equal protection - would you not want that for yourself?

Let's say you (people here who defend the police conduct) were beaten up and robbed, but then the robber claimed that you have a bad character and he was just defending himself. Does that mean the robber should be set free without witnesses being questioned?

Old 03-27-2012, 04:23 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,207,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
I think some people here are seriously confused about the criminal justice system in this country. An arrest or detention does NOT mean someone is guilty.

What's so hard to understand about that?

I'm certainly not assuming Trayvon was some little angel. But Zimmerman should have been detained at least long enough to be interrogated and evidence collected. Whether or not Trayvon wore a hoodie, smoked marijuana, had a bad character etc simply is not relevant at this stage of the game. Everyone has to obey our laws and is affored equal protection - would you not want that for yourself?

Let's say you (people here who defend the police conduct) were beaten up and robbed, but then the robber claimed that you have a bad character and he was just defending himself. Does that mean the robber should be set free without witnesses being questioned?
Great post. Simular to what I was saying in the FLorida Forum and Sanford Murder thread there. Neither of them were Angels and had faults, but still someone was murdered, by law, there are certain steps which Sanford Police refused to do.

Most people like myself aren't upset with Zimmerman, he did what he did, but Sanford Police, my gosh, another dropping of the ball for them.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:53 PM

93 posts, read 236,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buahh View Post
-------

White Hispanic is a fairly common term in South Florida. While most Hispanics in the US are Mexicans and P.R, in South Florida you find many Hispanics that are descendants of recent European immigrants into Latin America.

Most are Spanish and Italian in origin, but there are also Lebanese, Irish, Polish and Germans. There are also "Latin Chinese" and Jewbans (Jews from Cuba).

Most of the time it's simply a case of semantics. Hispanics tend to claim White regardless of their true racial make up.Take a look at these Hispanic Drug dealers listed as White on the FBI most wanted list. If he's white then a good 25-40% of Black Americans are white as well.

FBI — ENDERSON ELIAS GARCIA

If this man is white then who really is Black in America?

FBI — WILFREDO GONZALEZ

Old 03-27-2012, 04:54 PM

640 posts, read 1,296,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iam_floridaborn View Post
great post. Simular to what i was saying in the florida forum and sanford murder thread there. Neither of them were angels and had faults, but still someone was murdered, by law, there are certain steps which sanford police refused to do.

Most people like myself aren't upset with zimmerman, he did what he did, but sanford police, my gosh, another dropping of the ball for them.
thank you someone gets it.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:38 PM

Report: Lead investigator wanted to arrest Zimmerman for shooting unarmed teen Trayvon Martin[/SIZE]

Read more: http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/new...g-unarmed-teen

A lead investigator into the shooting of unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin wanted to charge neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman with manslaughter
, according to a report from ABC News.

The news agency said they confirmed the information from 'multiple sources.'

The state attorney's office, headed by Norman Wolfinger, told investigator Chris Serino that there was not enough evidence to press charges.

Serino filed an affidavit on Feb. 26, the night Martin was shot and killed by Zimmerman, saying he did not believe Zimmerman's version of events.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:43 PM

Default zimmerman records

Zimmerman Criminal Record..................... Treyvon has none

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/default.aspx

Just type in Zimmerman, George Michael

Old 03-27-2012, 06:47 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimewitue View Post

Zimmerman Criminal Record..................... Treyvon has none

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/default.aspx

Just type in Zimmerman, George Michael
He's a juvie.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:04 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,063,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
New information. Sounds like Trayvon may have played a role after all...

Trayvon Martin: George Zimmerman's account to police of the Trayvon Martin shooting. - Orlando Sentinel
If these claims are factual, which i truly doubt, then Trayvon envoked his right to use Stand your Ground Law against a man who was following him in the dark, pursuing him, but unfortunately if these accounts are true from Zimmerman once again I doubt, then Stand your ground law did not work in Trayvon's favour. Zimmerman should still be charged with murder. And with a hate crime due to the racial slurs recorded on the tape.

What is sad is if he would have been convicted in 2005 he would be a felon and would not have had a licensed weapon to kill an innocent teenager.

Zimmerman will not get off. What is saddening is that all the efforts from all the rallies it has still not expidited an arrest. I think the city of Sanford is scared of Zimmerman's dad who is a Magistrate for the Supereme Court in Virgina. That is probably how the confidential info on Trayvon school records were released. Info on a minor is not to be released to the public unless the parents give conset, and the Martin family did not consent for the release of that info. Zimmerman is dirty all the way around and anyone representing him and defending him is not to be trusted either. But he knows it is just a matter of time.....

Old 03-27-2012, 09:54 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,089,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
He was not taller than Zimmerman. Zimmerman was bigger than he was by at leas 85 pounds and taller.
Well, now we know who isn't following this story close enough to allow us to value his opinion. Better look closer.

Unless, of course you were trying to be funny, now that Martin is for the most part, horizontal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando