Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2012, 08:34 PM

640 posts, read 1,295,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
He was quoted on NPR as saying they were prohibited from arresting him based on the available evidence, as per state regulations.
There lies the problem the police department didn't even collect or check the evidence in this case. That is why there is such a uproar about this case they failed to do basic things a police department is suppose do.

The Big question is why did they choose to not do basic evidence collection???? was it bias for zimmerman???

Old 03-22-2012, 11:23 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,909 times
There is absolutely no doubt, no doubt this is a horrible, despicable, deeply, deeply sad and disturbing tragedy, but I just watched the news coverage in Sanford and members of the Black Panther Party held up and handed out DEAD OR ALIVE WANTED POSTERS for George Zimmerman, although a member said it really means that because he murdered someone he is "Dead inside" and needs to be captured and brought to the police, he is encouraging people to find him... this is deeply disturbing to me. People may take this literally and GZ is not wanted by police, so he is not on the run.

This behavior does not help anything...this will create more problems...

Last edited by tiluha; 03-22-2012 at 11:54 PM.. Reason: additional comment

Old 03-22-2012, 11:58 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,203,375 times
**** SANFORD. Hate that place.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:00 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,203,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
There is absolutely no doubt, no doubt this is a horrible, despicable, deeply, deeply sad and disturbing tragedy, but I just watched the news coverage in Sanford and members of the Black Panther Party held up and handed out DEAD OR ALIVE WANTED POSTERS for George Zimmerman, although a member said it really means that because he murdered someone he is "Dead inside" and needs to be captured and brought to the police, he is encouraging people to find him... this is deeply disturbing to me. People may take this literally and GZ is not wanted by police, so he is not on the run.

This behavior does not help anything...this will create more problems...

I'm afraid thats the thing. IF THE DUMBASS STATE doesn't hurry up, things will get out of hand. This is Florida were talking about where people typically don't wait on officials to do anything, as did Zimmerman.

Old 03-23-2012, 06:02 AM

1 posts, read 1,008 times
Everyone keeps talking about this so call law "stand your ground". What about Trayvon Martin standing his ground and just walking home. Do this so call law applies to one way only, to follow a person you think and feel up to no good then shoot them? Believe me if a person I don’t know continues to follow me or grabs me I will fight back and I don’t know any one that won’t do the same thing. This "want a be" followed this kid and killed him, to me this was his intent all alone and just simply called a 911 call to have it noted to make him look like he saw a kid up to no good. How can the law excuse this, put a dead person through a drug test and other investigation but do nothing to the so call neighborhood watch person? Again where is the justice? People please used your common sense and do what is right, close your eyes and see a human being and not a color.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:52 AM

1 posts, read 998 times
Very few things in the news surprise me but this has brought tears to my eyes and a prayer in my heart. I am 1,000s a miles away from Florida, but this hits close to home. Sending prayers to his mom and dad for their loss...and to our world a plea for change. Please everyone love those who are near and get to know the stranger that you fear...because that person has a story. Trayvon had a story and a future that was stolen :-(...I can't stop crying when I think about this shocking case. Heaven help us all!

Old 03-23-2012, 08:47 AM

128 posts, read 192,678 times
Exclamation The Real Florida

I lived there and Appoka the cops there are without a doubt racist , some maybe part of the KKK and alot are.

This is the Florida I saw and made me leave , the rednecks there want to shoot something they dont care what they have been pissed long before this .

(Embattled Sanford police chief steps down; special prosecutor named - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com This was the chief of police there (the last Chief )
[SIZE=2][SIZE=2]
Brian Tooley, retired early in wake of criticism that Sanford police dragged its feet in arresting Justin Collison on charges of knocking out a homeless black man.

Sanford Police Chief Ousted - Orlando News Story - WESH Orlando

( The chief before him ) and I can go back many times and show this.

Florida is best left to nasty old people and the rednecks that love it so , they hate everyone and trust me you too ,

They dont mind your money its you they hate . even in Orlando I moved there before Disney .

PBS - Freedom Never Dies: The Story of Harry T. Moore - Florida Terror - The Klan in Florida <<<< read >>>>

home of the KKK at one time 75% of the male population there were members of the KKK , that said you can guess the rest as the cops there and locals may no longer use the word but they are there and are still very much active Sanford is 30 minutes or less away.

These towns they milk anyone who comes in for money not greet them with open arms , the rednecks stick with other rednecks they dont have to tell you thats why these inbreds are so quite , so you never know.
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

Old 03-23-2012, 01:39 PM

640 posts, read 1,295,410 times
Default Wow

Trayvon's Cries for Help Right Before Being killed (Enhanced) - YouTube

WOW Treyvon was crying for help

Gunshot.

Screams stop.

Zimmerman is still walking free.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:49 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,338,239 times
For the non-locals or even new residents who have been following this thread let me share a little personal insight. Please bare in mind this is based solely on my personal experiences. Sanford, as long as I've known it, and some of the more rural outlying areas of Central Florida have a long history of racism, segregation and prejudice. As much as this community has changed from the influx of newcomers, some places have been slower to change than others. Sanford is among those places. It's still known and accepted in Sanford that there are black and white lines that don't cross or get mixed. There's still a good ol boy network there. And perhaps the most disturbing thing to me is that this mentality permeates throughout the community. It disturbs be because there are alot of kids that grow up in Sanford and think this is the way things are. There are kids there that think they can never advance because of their position in life and the way society is. I'm not just talking about race either. There are many poor children who feel they can never move up to middle class or higher because the cards are stacked against them. I've worked with some youths from the some of the roughest parts of Orlando and even they buy into the idea that although there are hurdles, they can move up, they can better themselves. It's sad to see a community like Sanford that just beats their youths into believing we live in some sort of caste system. I was not surprised in the least bit to see the news surrounding Trayvon given where it happened the circumstances that followed. I hate to say it, but if it had happened elsewhere in Central FL I would have been shocked but although I felt deeply and strongly for Trayvon and his family, I was not shocked. And that did sadden me. To know that as long as I've lived here in Central Florida, and as much as I've seen it grow and progress, something as egregious as this happens, and it just doesn't surprise me. Just my experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando