Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2012, 12:37 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,337,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Or more likely the anti-NRA aspect of public opinion on this.
even the representatives that came up with the original FL law have been saying that this shouldn't apply to him.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:36 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,067,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimewitue View Post
Yes the poor police work is the most glaring issue. Race isn't the issue. There is though a clear bias in favor of mr zimmerman. My question would be what connection does Zimmerman have to the police department??????
He was heard on the 911 tape using a racist term, and there was no racism? Are you for real?

Old 03-22-2012, 02:37 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,198,160 times
Police Chief "temporarily steps down"
Trayvon Martin case: Sanford Police Chief under fire in Trayvon Martin shooting case - Orlando Sentinel

Old 03-22-2012, 02:47 PM

5,029 posts, read 7,232,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortpes View Post
On the question of young black males I suggest you consider Nicholas Lindsey. These young males like Nicholas Lindsey are popping up all over the country and do what they do with community support and pride. That is the real problem in this country. Black and Whites and All races must bind together to learn how to prevent a Nicholas Lindsey.
On the question of young WHITE males I suggest YOU consider Richard Poplawski. These young males like Richard Poplawski are popping up all over the country....and so on.

2009 Pittsburgh police shootings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://crooksandliars.com/david-neiw...ard-poplawski-

Old 03-22-2012, 03:51 PM

640 posts, read 1,296,280 times
Chief Steps Down
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...attled-sanford

The chief said that maybe in hindsight there are things that maybe treyvon could have done differently. That statement to me really showed how they viewed this case from the start. His own statements are why he had to step down.Combine that with a horrible investigation.

What would the victim treyvon do different??? not be black?? Run faster from Zimmerman!?? Not be in a white neighborhood??

Or like the watch guy said maybe if treyvon would have just answered the questions of a non policeman. The laws of this country state as citizen you don't even have to answer a official policeman questions.

Maybe treyvon should show his Id or papers since he black and isn't considered a us citizen he is required to show papers or prove that belongs in certain areas.

Also the Chief said:Lee said he could not lawfully arrest Zimmerman because evidence backs up what he told investigators. Chief Lee What EVIDENCE backs up with what Zimmerman told you????? Where is the EVIDENCE that MR. Zimmerman acted in SELF DEFENSE???

Yeah chief lee your statements reveal your attitude you need to step down permanently not temporarily. What did he mean by temporarily step down??

Last edited by Aimewitue; 03-22-2012 at 04:06 PM..

Old 03-22-2012, 04:15 PM

1,428 posts, read 1,407,508 times
Quote:
The chief said that maybe in hindsight there are things that maybe treyvon could have done differently.
Unbelievable!!! What could this poor child have possibly done differently??? It's dark and rainy, he's in a neighborhood he isn't too familiar with, he sees a man with a gun chasing him, he runs, he tries to defend himself from his attacker. Anyone would have done the same if they thought their lives were in danger.
I would like to know Mr. Lee's (I refuse to acknowledge the chief title) answer.
I wonder if he even realizes that if he had done his job in the first place, none of this would be happening and Trayvon's family can mourn him in peace.

Last edited by jaynaydee; 03-22-2012 at 04:51 PM.. Reason: b/c i wanted to

Old 03-22-2012, 05:43 PM

593 posts, read 890,824 times
Ok you give a lug head a gun and give him a vigilante assignment so he takes the neighborhood watch seriously (who whould have thunk?) He is ready to shoot (anxious to shoot) anything that walks or crawls not withstanding a teen packing a bag of skittles (red flag) skittles have been known to pierce armored vehicles!!!. And anyone carrying a cell phone in MY neighborhood is a dead man walking. So you shoot the guy . The cops come toss the kid in the morgue with no toe tag for three days without any real effort to contact next of kin . These guys are real top of the line investigators ...not. As a white person I'm so upset I can barely breath! Just to see this kids picture made me well up in tears and as for the community I "get " their response. Sharpton will be in town also, but his mon died and he is obviously delayed . There needs to be an FBI investigation bigtime hear and even though its too premature to actually past judgement I'm looking at negligent homicide with 10-15 minimum, but first is want to slap the living crap out of this fool who did the shooting. I demand justice!!!!

Das

Last edited by DASULAR17; 03-22-2012 at 06:48 PM..

Old 03-22-2012, 06:41 PM

640 posts, read 1,296,280 times
The City Commissioners that voted 3-2 a no confidence vote in the chief. For the two that voted with confidence in the chief you have to wonder what would it take for them to vote no confidence???

The girlfriend on the phone said she heard someone ask treyvon a question. Then she heard someone pushing treyvon.....So clearly Zimmerman was the aggressor.

And how come the Sanford police department never contacted the girlfriend??
Treyvon parents provided that information.

Zimmerman wasnt tested for drugs and still has a gun permit.....They didnt even take zimmerman clothes after a fatal shooting....Highly usual. Didn't attempt to find out who the kid was??

Yet two members of the city council still have confidence in MR.LEE....Unbelievable......When will someone stand up and do the right thing.

A temporary Step down doesn't make any sense. Mr. LEE needs to resign.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:42 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,648,684 times
Quote:
Chief Steps Down
Trayvon Martin case: Sanford Police Chief under fire in Trayvon Martin shooting case - Orlando Sentinel

The chief said that maybe in hindsight there are things that maybe treyvon could have done differently. That statement to me really showed how they viewed this case from the start. His own statements are why he had to step down.Combine that with a horrible investigation.

What would the victim treyvon do different??? not be black?? Run faster from Zimmerman!?? Not be in a white neighborhood??

Or like the watch guy said maybe if treyvon would have just answered the questions of a non policeman. The laws of this country state as citizen you don't even have to answer a official policeman questions.

Maybe treyvon should show his Id or papers since he black and isn't considered a us citizen he is required to show papers or prove that belongs in certain areas.

Also the Chief said:Lee said he could not lawfully arrest Zimmerman because evidence backs up what he told investigators. Chief Lee What EVIDENCE backs up with what Zimmerman told you????? Where is the EVIDENCE that MR. Zimmerman acted in SELF DEFENSE???

Yeah chief lee your statements reveal your attitude you need to step down permanently not temporarily. What did he mean by temporarily step down??
He is too arrogant to step down, he also still says that no arrest should have been made.

If this issue isn't addressed properly there could quite possibly all kinds of ramfications. This isn't a black issue, many people regardless of race are outraged.

There also a lot of chat on the Internet to boycott FL when planning your vacation if there is no arrest.

So the powers that be better keep in that mind.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:51 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,337,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
He is too arrogant to step down, he also still says that no arrest should have been made.
He was quoted on NPR as saying they were prohibited from arresting him based on the available evidence, as per state regulations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando