Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 10:28 PM

393 posts, read 894,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Take the poll! What are your thoughts on people/adults that don't have any of these? Or lets say they only have a cellphone. Do you make any 'judgements' about them based on this? I notice people look at you like you have two heads when you say, you don't have one or all. .

this was supposed to have a poll
I feel like people (women especially) who have a love interest who has none of those things should be wary that the person is married or in a committed relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 12:54 PM

19,008 posts, read 29,827,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Ironically, the folks who are the biggest into Farmville and the likes (at least in my experience) are middleaged women who don't quite understand facebook but want to jump on the bandwagon. I have a second facebook account made solely to explore those types of apps, see if there's any entertainment potential. Most of them have a fun value that poops out after about a week
Farmville is the key to a bored housewife's cleavage, wait 6 inches deeper, the heart. Just kidding

Old 12-31-2011, 01:43 PM

18,257 posts, read 14,500,228 times
Default Temp,do you have any profiles where I can stalk you and find out if you had breakfast already and what it was?

No! Go away!

Old 12-31-2011, 01:45 PM

48,715 posts, read 35,236,693 times
I would find it very strange if someone didn't have a cell phone.

I just have an iphone and FB. That's quite enough connectivity for me.

Old 12-31-2011, 04:40 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,007,025 times
Well, let's see...

I've never been on "My Space". "Facebook" and "Twitter" have been HACKED into too many times and my original email address was taken over by someone else as a result. Interesting to receive emails from my own email address that I did not send, and changing the password does no good at all, so I don't dare do anything private or financial with it. And, since the latest craze is hacking into cell phones, I think I'll pass on that one too.

Old 12-31-2011, 06:53 PM

23,010 posts, read 6,484,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ8 View Post
All I have is a cheap TracFone for emergencies. Prepaid; more minutes than I could ever use in a year. I use regular email from my PC and don't feel the need for FaceBook, Twitter, etc. I don't understand people's obsession with being connected 24/7/365.

(Ha ha - before you all jump on me, I KNOW I'm old fashioned in this regard! )
All of the above....

Old 12-31-2011, 09:12 PM

465 posts, read 743,353 times
My opinion is that the indulgences in electronic marvels is of no concern to me (except if they are texting while driving.)
I have two cell phones, one for each vehicle, el cheapo prepaid, which are always turned off and for emergency calls only.
I do make one call on each phone about once a month to ensure they still function.
If it helps your research, some would consider me as being "elderly"

Old 12-31-2011, 09:21 PM

884 posts, read 1,177,116 times
Facebook--have it, check it regularly. I'm a little obsessed with it.
Myspace-had it in high school, I deleted my account though when my friends switched over to facebook and the only people on my friends list that updated were musicians
Twitter--i have an account but rarely use it, mostly because I can't think of anything to post
Cell phone--I have a Droid Charge and I love it. I had a kind of crappy phone before, but I'm pretty happy with this one. I like having a smartphone but I would be fine without one too.

Old 12-31-2011, 10:19 PM

313 posts, read 330,692 times
Unless one owns a business or is a celebrity then IMHO fb,twitter and the like are for teenagers. I would probably see a red flag if a woman I was hoping to date had 2 or more of these.

A cellphone, any kind of cellphone as long as it sends and receives is essential.

Old 01-01-2012, 06:37 AM

11,429 posts, read 24,565,020 times
I have a smart phone which is like having a portable office. I don't like telephones, or talking on the phone because I feel it's intrusive. However, email and texting are wonderful business tools because I have a written record of everything and I can respond when I'm focused on the issue.

Facebook has been around long enough to feel as normal as color tv. Even kids these days know enough not to post their every thought. All of my oldest family members now have a FB presence. It's great for viewing photos and reading interesting news links. Status updates are generally amusing tidbits and let me know how and what my old school friends are doing tho' I may not see them but once every year or so. Reduces the gap in keeping up.

Twitter...not really. It seems to require too much attention. I may be all about me, but lol, not to that degree!

Opinion of folks who don't have a cell phone or FB? A little annoyed if I can't reach them.

Last edited by ellie; 01-01-2012 at 06:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics