Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 08:23 PM

2 posts, read 9,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
regarding the posters who say-------"I would not tell anyone"-------"I wouldn't want it in the paper ,news, or spotlight"--------------good luck with that !

The lottery --will --give out your name.
Not if you put it in a trust!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2008, 08:42 PM

44,633 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK08 View Post
Not if you put it in a trust!
My Lotto Corner - Lottery Information By States - Arizona Lottery

If I should win the jackpot, do I have the option of remaining anonymous as far as the public and media are concerned?
A.
No. The Arizona Lottery is required to release the winners' names, city of residence, game and amount won upon request. A press release will be sent out to the media when a winner(s) has collected the prize. However, Arizona Lottery jackpot winners are given the option of participating in or declining a press conference and/or publicity. We believe a press conference enhances the winning experience and it usually eliminates receiving multiple calls from the media.

Old 01-27-2008, 10:56 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
I bet you could purchase a lot of privacy after you win, so would it matter then? Do the press release, it may be fun. Plus all those people that you couldn't stand when you were growing up or the jerks you worked for when you were older will know that you are set and they are not. I read somewhere that Success is the best form of revenge or something like that. Winning a large lottery I am sure is similar. At least you would have the bankroll to pretend you are a success. (Sorry, my thoughts are that wining the lottery doesn't equate to being successfull, not that it isn't just as fun.)

Old 01-28-2008, 04:54 AM

203 posts, read 810,567 times
if i won?? i would not be up this early getting ready for work.

i would do things i want to not what i have to.

Old 01-28-2008, 10:52 AM

1,181 posts, read 3,808,050 times
What a fun thought.
1. Quit job. I'll even give 2 weeks notice. Not that I don't like what I do, but I like other things much more.
2. Buy house near my family with at least 100 acres, and house in the middle of it. And maybe another in Montana with much more land so I can have some privacy!
3. Give some to family
4. Have fun all day. Gardening, riding horses, whatever I want. Travel all summer when my daughter is out of school.

I wouldn't be out there buying everything in sight. I'd just get the house, a boat, a few horses, and live off interest.

I guess I might have to buy a ticket once in awhile though in order for this wonderful moment to occur. LOL.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:13 PM

1 posts, read 4,395 times
HI. I am only eighteen years old but I do plan to win the Powerball. And here is what I plan to do witht the money as soon as I win.

1. Wait to collect so that I can consult some advisors on how to come out witht the most in the end.
2. Collect the money.
3. Buy me a nice house in Colorado Springs. One not two big but not small either. Around 4000 sq. ft. or so.
4. Buy me my two dream cars. A BMW 760LI and a Mercedes Benz GL550
5. Take over my own expenses and stop making my parents and grandparents support me(No I am not a couch potato)
6. Give back to my immediate family for all they have done. (help pay off debt and stuff like that)
7. Take me and my closest friends and Family on a trip somewhere and enjoy it for about a week or two.
8. Buy the Company my Father works for that he is trying to buy so his dream can come true of running it the way he wants.(which would actually be better for it)
9. Invest in safe investments and work my way to making a billion by the time I am 30.
10. Live Life to the fullest!
11. Continue Training at the World Arena without worrying about money being in the way.(Figure skating is a very expensive sport. Around $50,000.00 a year goes towards it. with no time left for a job.)
12. Well This one I will Decided once I have checked the rest off!

Goal: Dont waste it on stupid things. And not to lose it like most winners do!

So what do you think about what I am going to do with my Powerball winnings?
Let me Know!

Old 02-24-2008, 11:16 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,959,040 times
I would take the cash option, pay off my house & debts here in NC & move to Alaska.

Old 07-20-2008, 09:25 PM

27 posts, read 66,010 times
Default take care of my family and remember its gods gift

By gods gift It means I would allow up to half of the after tax winnings to aid every member of my family ie sisters brothers cousins mom and dad if still alive. WITH NO STRINGS ATTACHED.

I would then take a quarter to set up a permanent income for my family to live comfortably,

The Last 1/4 would be use to form a non profit directly set to create health insurance for all.

It would be dedicated in memory to my dead parents,my uncle and my grandparents. As they gave me my value system.

This health insurance system would be 1/2 non profit half for profit. The for profit side would cover those whose jobs pay enough that they can afford to pay.

The non profit side would cover all medical needs at no cost of less fortunate and those who would have to choose between eating and seeing a doctor. It would directly offer housing to homeless by making arrangements with cities to use closed down schools and city offices and the homeless would do the needed repairs in exchange for room and board.

There would be childcare available so those homeless who still work can go

knowing their children are safe.

Moderator cut: off topic

I would make sure of this as I would oversee it.

Moderator cut: cannot post links to blogs

The way I thank god everyday is to help my fellow man, Moderator cut: off topic

When the rich man was told to give all he owned to the poor. I give my knowledge to aid my fellow man.

I wish all current winners happiness in their god given new fortune.

Last edited by sablebaby; 07-20-2008 at 09:51 PM..

Old 07-20-2008, 10:37 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,082,084 times
Well, I would leave here that's for sure. After I fainted that is. Give away some to the homeless and then tour Europe with the kids.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:25 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chick View Post
Well someone who plays has to win sooner or later.
Um.... no they don't.

Ever hear that saying that a lottery is tax on people who are bad at math?

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics