Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 10:45 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times

Advertisements

its not uncommon for me to put a couple hotdogs in the micro for a minute or slap together a ham sandwich for breakfast.Fast and easy,

And a cold cold coke,love that for breakfast,well love coke anyway but.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2008, 10:50 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,640,043 times
My favorite place to have breakfast is anywhere that has gravy. But since I have to pick just one, I will choose the Hilltop at the intersection of NC Highways 74 and 601. When you get there you will be mingling with the natives of Union County and half the beach goers in North Carolina. Both those highways go to the beach. 74 goes to Wrightsville and Carolina and 601 goes to Myrtle, North Myrtle, and Cherry Grove. The atmosphere is down home and friendly. Everybody seems to know everybody, but they may never have met before.

Old 02-23-2008, 10:52 AM

24,479 posts, read 26,017,453 times
The best breakfast's I find are at small municipal airports. Current favorites are Bob's and Flo's in So CA.

Old 02-23-2008, 11:04 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,891,980 times
Cracker Barrel is one of my favorites but they are always so busy and the wait time kills me. I also enjoy these local places: Blue Plate Brunchery, 40Street Café, and Mike knows this place Bill Johnson’s. So is Hooters open for breakfast?

Breakfast always tastes better if someone else is making it, and yes,,,, the best breakfast is cooked over a campfire in the early morning with hot coffee smells in the air.

Old 02-23-2008, 11:05 AM

48,149 posts, read 22,013,215 times
There is a little restaurant near us on Main Street in Vista California called the "Curbside Cafe"--they specialized in breakfasts and lunch. The owner is always on the premises and the waitstaff are always the same--very little turn over. The food is excellent and includes all the traditional egg, meat, toasts, muffins, pancakes and waffles (try the cinnamon rolls). The food is real and not from some corporate pantry filled with boxed and pre-packaged recipes. Fresh fruit is always an option as a side inplace of fries or toast etc. It is a step above diner fare (which I love) and I have never been disappointed! Great spot for breakfast or lunch. Try the sweet potato french fries!

Old 02-23-2008, 11:07 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,891,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
The best breakfast's I find are at small municipal airports. Current favorites are Bob's and Flo's in So CA.

That’s true
,,, I always enjoy breakfast at the Sedona airport. Good food and the price is ok, plus the location is great being uptop looking over the Sedona red rock area.

Also the Coffee Pot restaurant in Sedona has great prices and food. I gotta move to Sedona…

Old 02-23-2008, 11:11 AM

24,479 posts, read 26,017,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post

That’s true
,,, I always enjoy breakfast at the Sedona airport. Good food and the price is ok, plus the location is great being uptop looking over the Sedona red rock area.
Ah, yes. Have had breakfast there many times. Outstanding scenery.

Old 02-23-2008, 11:32 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,540,413 times
Everyone, we LOVE going out to breakfast. We usually go out early Saturday mornings to avoid the nettlesome problem of waiting in line! We enjoy going out with our neighbors (a couple "age 75 going on 35"; active and fun to be with) whenever they're not out traveling somewhere!

As for favorite breakfast places, we like:

Original Pancake House
Cracker Barrel
First Watch
Golden Nugget (a great Dayton, OH-area breakfast favorite)
Tipp o' The Town (Tipp City, OH)

Most local places (ESPECIALLY in the North East) are great for breakfast, IMHO.

The rest of their menue is bland "road food", IMHO, but Travel Centers of America gets my vote for best scrambled eggs on the highway. They come out of a bag but, boy, they taste SO rich!

Old 02-23-2008, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Hit the IHOP? That might be a very expensive breakfast, especially if you hit it with your car!

I can't remember where it was, but not too long ago, somebody actually HIT a restaurant's wall while driving through the parking lot because her foot somehow got stuck on the gas pedal or she wasn't able to hit the brake pedal. Boy, talk about a drive-through!
Great post, Mike! Some years ago, at a truckstop on I-80 in PA, a trucker got REALLY angry (I think he had something with one of the waitresses). He plowed his truck right into the restaurant part of the truck stop. While backing up to do it again, another driver pulled his trailer air lines and stopped him. We drivers kidded the waitresses about "drive-in service" for quite awhile after that!

Old 02-23-2008, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystree View Post
I would have to say the Waffle House,love the chili and jalepenos on my hashbrowns.
MAN, how could I forget the Waffle House??? Thanks, Mystree! Many of them have truck parking and I had lots of breakfasts there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics