Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 05:12 PM

4,834 posts, read 6,123,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I also love those places like Cracker Barrel, Denny's, Bo Jangles, where you can get breakfast type foods later in the day. I am like Blue62. I eat breakfast more at about 2 P. M. when we are on the road. Cracker Barrel is good if you get there after the crowd. I eat breakfast and Dh eats lunch. Works for us.

We were at a hotel in Shamrock (I believe it was Texas) that had gravy biscuits as part of their free breakfast. After the night of tornados and thunder storms, it was like going home to Mom's. Most people there that morning were just happy to be alive. Some of the cars looked like the hail had antiqued them. Our guardian angel was working overtime as usual.
GottawannaneedagottahaveaBoJangles.....la la la.....I sang that into the keyboard just for you NCN...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2008, 05:32 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,746,160 times
I love diners.

Old 02-23-2008, 05:49 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,544,696 times
My favorite breakfast place is at my Mom's house. Yeah I'm in my 50's but still love when she makes breakfast, yum!...

Old 02-23-2008, 09:32 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,238,498 times
Anywhere!! I Love Breakfast anytime anywhere!!

Old 02-24-2008, 01:15 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,128,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
I'm not a huge fan of breakfast - I don't like eggs so that doesn't help!! Breakfast for me is usually a Clif bar and 4 shots of espresso!
I have to chuckle I am not a coffee drinker and wake up pretty cheerful or as my hubby says "way to loud in the morning"
could you imagine if I had 4 shots of espresso !!!! lol

Old 02-24-2008, 06:16 AM

221 posts, read 600,499 times
Default Favorite Breakfast Spot

A little greasy spoon restaurant in the town I live in. Just a locally owned cafe.....JEWEL'S DINER. They have the best breakfast in the world (next to mine of course)...real creamed gravy, homemade cat-head biscuits, perfect eggs and country ham. They also use preserves and jellies that are canned by little ladies locally. The other day she had some fig preserves that were to die for. I think I know where I'm going to for breakfast this morning.

Old 02-24-2008, 07:54 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,873,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Mike all that bad food at 7-11 and Circle K must have affected you some way? No one can eat that stuff regularly and not have side effects. hair loss or something.
LOL.. I'm still alive, so I guess it wasn't that bad!

Remember, when you're a 19-20 year old college kid, you're allowed to eat just about anything and it won't hurt you.

I stopped eating that stuff sometime around 1986, after college and working the graveyard shift.

Old 02-24-2008, 09:47 AM

448 posts, read 1,050,311 times
Oh Karla! You had a day for me and I was out of town!
I was in Fargo with girlfriends der donch know! When Minnesotans get crap about the "Fargo" accent (Fargo is not in Mn by the way, it is in ND, but that is another issue) they often get defensive and say nobody really talks like that. I can tell you that every now and then you find some who really do talk that way. Anyway....

Curling IS cool!

Favorite brkfst place? When we go south we do like Waffle House. We like to leave a great big tip every now and then to make someones day. It is so fun to walk out and overhear the waitress yell to her coworkers "Those bikers left me a twenty!" Otherwise any local diner will do as long as there is no smoking!

Old 02-24-2008, 10:55 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,891,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
LOL.. I'm still alive, so I guess it wasn't that bad!

Remember, when you're a 19-20 year old college kid, you're allowed to eat just about anything and it won't hurt you.

I stopped eating that stuff sometime around 1986, after college and working the graveyard shift.
It surely didn’t hurt you; you appear good and healthy in all of your pictures. And yes when in the late teens and early twenties we would eat almost anything. These days Mrs. AksarbeN keeps me healthy with all the organic, vitamins and herbs that she can get into me, and she does a good job at it for the most part.

Old 02-24-2008, 12:02 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,487,638 times
Well, I almost never eat breakfast out, very rare. I love hashbrowns, so anyplace with good hashbrowns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics