Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 03:34 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,128,548 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Today is a early start for the thread lol and for me, A storm came through around 2:45 am, woke the one dog who woke me and here I am

OK I am starving so you know that was the inspiration for

Todays question:

Other than your house ,where is your favorite place to go have breakfast?

Today in history:

February 23, 1896 Tootsie Roll introduced by Leo Hirshfield
February 23,1905 - The Rotary Club was founded in Chicago, IL

Word of the day:

nettlesome \NET-l-suhm\, adjective:
Causing irritation, vexation, or distress.

Today is:

National Curling is Cool Day
and
National Open that Bottle Night

Last edited by FLPL75; 02-23-2008 at 03:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2008, 03:51 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,577,985 times
Good morning Karla...couldn't sleep, so here I am. If your ? is about ooutside of my own kitchen...then probably IHOP.. I took two of my grandsons to St. Louis for a few days vacation 2 years ago. Got a great room thru priceline!!!! Anyway we stayed at this 4 star hotel and went to the Muny (the outdoor musical opera house set in the greatest park in the world, to me), Forest Park.

For breakfast one morning we went to an IHOP and brother did those guys ever have the best breakfast. We tried a little of many. Everything was sooooo good. One boy had some type of French toast. The other tried 2 different types of waffles. I had pancakes. We traded portions and tried the different syrups, also. I don't remember what else, but they really had a good time that morning.

We spent 3 days and that was our best breakfast! I do like Tootsie Rolls. I don't Curl but might give some thought about opening a bottle (of Missouri Wine) tonight.

Have a nap later. Might do us both some good. See y'all later...

Old 02-23-2008, 03:53 AM

thanks nwv I added the "other than your house" thing to the ?

Last edited by FLPL75; 02-23-2008 at 04:03 AM..

Old 02-23-2008, 04:03 AM

I love breakfast !!! I can eat it anytime of the day.

It is my favorite "food group"

I can't list just one so here are my top choices

1. Players Cafe - this is a little local place at the beach I have been going there for over 10 years. Even when I moved from the beach I have no problem driving there. We meet our friends there every Sunday morning at 7:45 am.

2. Waffle house !!!

3. Mc d's/Hardees - sometimes nothing but a bacon egg & cheese biscuit will hit the spot Hardees biscuits are made there but mc d's is closer so this one is a tossup

potential new favorite - omg I just found out that Steak n Shake does breakfast this is on the "have to give it a try list" hmmm wonder if hubby is hungry it stopped raining and they are open now

lol I told you I love the "breakfast food group"

Old 02-23-2008, 04:49 AM

161 posts, read 418,327 times
good morning everyone!!
i have been up since about 2 am i think- and have been thinking about bkf ever since! and then i see your post here and well..-
i wish mac d's was closer cause id go there but ill probably go to town closer to a food store that serves take out big breakfasts.. the works- all homemade..

Old 02-23-2008, 05:14 AM

4,834 posts, read 6,123,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Today is a early start for the thread lol and for me, A storm came through around 2:45 am, woke the one dog who woke me and here I am ...lol...my cat woke me because she felt a bit ill so here I am right there with you...no storm..just a hairball
Todays question:
Other than your house ,where is your favorite place to go have breakfast? ...we have a "barn" here where you can go to get groceries, gas and food and they have a country breakfast every morning except Sunday when they are closed. It's a farmers' meeting place and the food is terrific.
Causing irritation, vexation, or distress...sounds like the Trolls here in C-D...and those who used to be able to neg rep but are now "out of business"
Today is:
National Curling is Cool Day...do you hair curling or the sport of curling???
and
National Open that Bottle Night
...AH. Moet here we come

Always interesting Karla...still don't know how you find the time...

Old 02-23-2008, 05:18 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,357,057 times
My favorite place is Black Bear Dinner or camping, everything tastes better when your camping

Old 02-23-2008, 05:27 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,046,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post

Word of the day:
Causing irritation, vexation, or distress.

Today is: National Open that Bottle Night
Although we don't have one nearby, one of my favorites is the Waffle House. I do have to be careful there though. If I overdo the toppings on the home fries, they can get a bit "nettlesome" on my system, but if a have some Pepto Bismol nearby, I can just "open that bottle" and all will be well.

Have a great day everyone!

Charley

Old 02-23-2008, 05:33 AM

4,180 posts, read 14,602,502 times
Good Morning, I seldom ever have breakfast. I usually take a banana with me to work and it that while I prepare for the day. But, whenever I visit my sister, she makes a wonderful breakfast and really gets into it. I think she finds a big breakfast comforting. So, my answer is my sister's home.
Also, thank you to everyone who wished me good will with my father's passing. It is really wonderful to know there are so many great people out there in the world. I find that comforting.

Old 02-23-2008, 05:42 AM

859 posts, read 3,322,561 times
Good question!

1. My favorite has to got to be the Original Pancake House. http://www.originalpancakehouse.com/

It's a chain but there aren't too many, only 1 to 3 in most states and some states don't have any. But they have these HUGE omlettes that they bake in the oven and it comes out like a giant dome. The downside on a Sunday morning, there is over an hour wait. Don't get here as much as I'd like to, but when I used to live right by on for a few years I would go like once a month.

2. Other than that...just any good diner will do. I love mozzerlla and mushroom omlettes with a side of bacon. Or Taylor ham, egg and cheese on a bagel.

I have never seen or been to a Waffle House, but I wanna go so bad because everyone talks about it. I hate knowing about something and not being able to go. I once took a road trip just to find a Sonic lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics