Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 08:56 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Treadmill in house and no clothes on it, but no, we don't use it!

It may get up to 102 here today. Hooray for air-conditioning!!!!
We got you beat KayKay, it'll be 108 in Phoenix today.. - The Dallas Cowboys always beat the AZ Cardinals in fooball, but we always beat you in summer high temperatures!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 08:58 AM

534 posts, read 1,595,035 times
We used to have a really nice weight set, but it started to do a number on my back.

I just started a week ago Jillian Michaels(Biggest Loser trainer)30 days to shred dvd. She is kickin.my.azz. Holy crap.
I love it though. It's a 20 minute workout, but you never stop moving. I lost 5lbs the first week I did it(last week). There are 3 levels of workouts, supposed to do each one for 10 days. I tried level 2 and I had two choices. Not finish it and live, or finish it, throw up, and then die. I chose to not finish it. So I'm still on level one sweating my butt off. I can still feel every muscle ache when I'm done. I've noticed a huge difference in my thighs which is great because that's the area I've had the hardest time toning. I've lost 150lbs and have maintained it for the last couple of years. I just want to lose maybe 15 more and I think this will help. My thighs are what haven't toned much, but they are starting to now.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:16 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,520,688 times
All I have as far as exercise equipment at my home are an exercise ball and free weights. I do most of my exercising at the nearby playground! There are no monthly fees and you get a great workout, plus it is good exercise walking there as well! Plus chasing after a 22 month old is exercise in and of itself!

I love it though!

And yes, I do exercise quite frequently, I have to keep my girlish figure looking a little toned! Allthough I am starting to get a cute little baby bump as I am 3 months along!

Old 07-09-2008, 10:04 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,744,493 times
I actually have a treadmill and en eliptical machine. I also walk BUT right now the weather here is so hot and humid that it is too much to go upstairs and workout or even do my 3 mile walks. The treadmill is now collecting dust and quickly becoming a clothes rack for hubbie.. Believe it or not, he is actually placing his shoes on it but they are lined up nicely I must say...Come the fall.....The will be cranked up again.

You have no idea how much I am appreciating my air conditioning this summer......I will admit I have 4 of them because I don't like to be hot......

Yum..sugar cookies

Last edited by crazyworld; 07-09-2008 at 10:52 AM.. Reason: because my brain is faster than my fingers and I don't notice until I have posted

Old 07-09-2008, 10:11 AM

1,513 posts, read 3,388,427 times
Right now, my dogs are my major form of exercise. We've been managing 3-5 miles a day. (That equates to about 6-10 miles for the mama dog, and 15-20 miles for the youngster!)

We have three major pieces of exercise equipment. The oldest is a Nordic Track ski machine that we purchased nearly 20 years ago. I love that thing! Since we were big cross country skiers, it used to get quite the workout between trips. I used it routinely until we moved to the Bush. In my last house, the only place to use it was smack dab in the middle of the living room floor. That was very inconvenient with a small child. I preferred having the floor space for creative play, building Lego cities or erecting tents. In my current house, the dogs have managed to get nailed by the skis every time I've set it up, so it doesn't get much use right now.

When I moved here, I was suffering from major foot problems and couldn't stand to be on my feet for long periods of time, so we purchased a recumbent exercise bike. It's in the den next to the computer, so I sometimes do my online reading while pedaling.

A couple of weeks ago, I brought home a mechanical treadmill from the church's give-away. Hey, it was FREE! It's set up so we can walk while watching a movie. DD loves it; she thinks all the exercise equipment is fun! (Youth!!!) Dh and I found it to be much more difficult because we weigh more and there is more friction. I thought it felt like sludging through wet sand. Once I got the bright idea of spritzing some olive oil between the belt and the walking platform, the silly things operates much better. I try to do some time on the treadmill if I haven't been able to get the dogs out for a long walk. My original thought was that it would come in handy during the winter when walking outside is sometimes treacherous.

The ski machine is stored in the laundry room, so it sometimes gets clothes draped over it. The bike often has books or boxes on it's seat. So far, the treadmill is naked.

Old 07-09-2008, 10:25 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,493,158 times
i have a lot of tapes and vds. i have some free weights and i used to have a treadmill and and exercise machine-both of which were used as garment hangers and so my dh got rid of them.
we have a gym in our subdivision and we have been using that now.

Old 07-09-2008, 10:34 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,271,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
We got you beat KayKay, it'll be 108 in Phoenix today.. - The Dallas Cowboys always beat the AZ Cardinals in fooball, but we always beat you in summer high temperatures!

Well, if you don't mind, I think I will let you guys win THAT competition!

Old 07-09-2008, 11:00 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,430,669 times
Todays Question :

Do you have exercise equipment in your house ?
I have equipment for weight lifting

Bonus question :
Do you actually use them for their purpose or are they great clothes racks ?
I use them.

Old 07-09-2008, 11:07 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,537,231 times
Do a keyboard and mouse count as excercise equipment... Actually, we do have a stationary bike and four VERY nice bicycles hanging up in the garage, including a Cannondale mountain bike. I'm ashamed that they rarely get used...

Old 07-09-2008, 11:07 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,376,537 times
I guess I skipped the bonus question before

Yes and no, I use them for months straight then up the weight and injure myself and need a week to recover. I hate that part. I have pulled chest muscles on the butterfly attachment too many times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics