Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 09:23 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,045,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
Charley, I have serious doubts about your future as Tarzan....
Hey, I can do almost anything. I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 09:29 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Todays Question:

Have you ever caught an error the bank has made on one of your accounts ?
I had my handbag stolen and we had to close one account and start another. The bank for some reason kept putting our deposits in the old account and so our new account was bouncing checks all over the place. We tried to get it stopped, but it kept on, so we changed banks.

Bonus Question:

Have you (or know folks who have) started using Money Orders to pay monthly bills ?
Wouldn't even know how.

Extra Credit Question:

With all of the attention Banks have been receiving in the news has it made you "rethink" your banking practices ?

You better believe I have and you would be amazed at the information I have discovered about keeping everything safe.

Old 08-27-2008, 10:11 AM

1,641 posts, read 5,025,755 times
I've had 2 errors by the bank, once they deposited $5,000 into my account, I questioned it after it had not gone away in 3 months, and they claimed it was all valid. So, I went on a bit of a spending spree, and of course checks started bouncing. They finally realized (probably because I brought it up) that it belonged in some other account. Oops. My bad. It was fun while it lasted.

I used to use money orders all the time to pay for eBay stuff before they created PayPal. Now I only use them to pay workers if I don't want them to have my checking account numbers, but that's very rare.

I don't keep more than $100,000 combined in any bank. Cannot be too careful these days.

Old 08-27-2008, 11:22 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,475,519 times
Not any errors that I caught,but they did manage their little tricks so as to cost me many overdraft fees. Which leads me to the second question,yes I pretty much use money orders or other means independent of banks and their 'business practices' now

Old 08-27-2008, 02:50 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
omg lol just think how much fun they would have on the "post a pic" thread with this shot

beowulf would get a break
LOL.. Great! Thanks for giving everybody ideas Karla! Does that mean if I get sent to my room today, I'll have to swing through trees on a rope to get there?

Old 08-27-2008, 03:26 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times
Thumbs up The first mistake that lasted a lifetime!

I’ve never had a bank error in all the years that I’ve used one except the first error. I did have a big error in my checking many years ago when I was single and had to go into the bank and see what was wrong. Of course I just knew it had to be their error, however that’s when I found Mrs. AksarbeN working customer service and helping people. She looked over my account and did an audit where she found the mistakes that I had made. I think it was at that point in my single life that she helped me for the first time. My guess is that she noticed my money and thought it would be a good idea to pursue a relationship with me. Or she felt sorry because I was too dumb to keep my check register balanced correctly and figured that she could help me the rest of my life. lol ~ either way, here I am 39 years later with the same person who balanced my account. Good or bad that's good banking service! However Mrs Aks stopped working at the bank years ago but she continues to keep my records correct.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:42 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,520,688 times
Todays Question:

Have you ever caught an error the bank has made on one of your accounts ?
I caught an error the bank made in our favor, they said we deposited an extra $100. I let them know about it and they took it back out!

Bonus Question:

Have you (or know folks who have) started using Money Orders to pay monthly bills ?
I do mostly automatic bill pay from my checking account
Extra Credit Question:

With all of the attention Banks have been receiving in the news has it made you "rethink" your banking practices ?

Nope, having my money in the bank keeps me from having to count it over and over again just to make sure I have enough money to pay all the bills. Plus, it helps for my children's Certificates of Deposit to be in the bank collecting interest until they are 21 and I give them their money!

Old 08-27-2008, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
Hey, I can do almost anything. I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
I like the Holiday Inn hotels, I stay in them wherever I go.

Old 08-27-2008, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
Hmmmm, and who might that be??? I bet I know... Oh, yes,yes... I know??

Now I'm going to sit back and watch all this unfold...
Me Tarzan... where the heck is Jane?

Oh yeah... Jane away busy today.. Me drink beer and play football with Cheetah today, until Jane come back...

Old 08-27-2008, 07:26 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
My current bank has done a good job for me but my former bank had some thieves working there, someone started taking $100.00 now and then, ended up changing banks and no more problems.
My parents noticed one of their accounts missing from their statment, the money showed but not the account#, the next statment the account and money was gone, they got it fixed but someone was trying to slip the money into their pocket, same bank I had at the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics