Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 12:13 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,520,688 times

Advertisements

Do you have "embellishments" on any of your vehicles ?
(ie: bumper stickers,sport team flags, doggy nose prints,fancy front license plate etc)
Nope!
Extra Credit Question:

Have you started your "holiday shopping" ?
Yes, I started a while back!
Bonus Question:

Will you be scaling back on the above mentioned shopping this year due to the economy ?

Yes, DH and I have agreed with all of the adults in both sides of our families that we are only giving gifts to the children this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 12:20 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Quote:
Today's Question :

(ie: bumper stickers,sport team flags, doggy nose prints,fancy front license plate etc)

Extra Credit Question:

Bonus Question:

Will you be scaling back on the above mentioned shopping this year due to the economy ?

Extra Bonus Question:

If you could add one phrase to Rance & Sweden's wedding vows,what would it be ?
I don't know if you want to call it an "Embellishment" but I have a small dent on the rear bumper of my Nissan SUV.. I was at a gas station and wanted to back up to get out, and there was one of those short steel posts a few feet behind me, which isn't visible no matter what kind of vehicle you drive, and I backed into it...

I don't like bumper stickers, so I don't have any, but I have one of those stickers on the rear window of my truck and SUV, which has Alvin bowing down infront of the cross.

I haven't done my holiday shopping yet, I'll probably wait until the last minute!

I won't be scaling back this year.

As for a phrase for Rance's and Sweden's wedding.... Hmmmm.. How about I now pronounce you man and wife?

Old 10-17-2008, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
I have one little Chinese trinket thing that Izzy gave me awhile back, on my rear view mirror. Though I dont do bumper stickers or window stickers, I have one of those trailer hitch cover things that says 'Size Does Matter'.
LOL.. come on Livewire, you forgot about that Dodge Ram symbol on your Dodge Dakota and mine, and what you told me about it!

Old 10-17-2008, 01:01 PM

5,826 posts, read 9,609,504 times
Well phooey, one less fish in the sea! Congrats to both of them! Should City-data perhaps be listed as a dating site?

Old 10-17-2008, 02:02 PM

While we're talking about bumper stickers, I had a Camaro Z-28 back in 1983, and being a guitarist at that time, I had a bumper sticker that said "I [heart symbol] My Guitar", to show that I loved my guitar, and I'm sure you've seen different variations of them.

One time I was at my parents house, and my sister came over and started complaining about my bumper sticker, and she was saying things like "Mike that's a disgusting bumper sticker!". I had no idea what she was talking about, so we both walked outside and apparently somebody played a prank by putting a small sticker with a picture of a screw on it, that covered the heart symbol on the bumper sticker, so it read "I [screw symbol] my guitar" - well... you get the idea.. I peeled that sticker off just to show my sister that somebody only played a silly prank on me! LOL.. Imagine the possibilities of pranks, especially on those many variations of those bumper stickers, that show others you love something or someone!

I just hope I caught it before other drivers behind me saw it and thought I was weird or something!

Old 10-17-2008, 04:03 PM

23,018 posts, read 34,387,993 times
[quote=
[B]Today's Question :

Yes I have a Carolina Panthers and North Carolina Tarheels bumper stickers and a fish emblem with Jesus

Extra Credit Question:

I have bought one Christmas present

Bonus Question:

Yes due to no job

Extra Bonus Question:

If you could add one phrase to Rance & Sweden's wedding vows,what would it be ?

Marriage is like a triangle with God at the top, husband and wife at the bottom, as the husband and wife draw closer to God, they draw closer to each other.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:39 PM

5,987 posts, read 11,675,247 times
After spending too much of my day thinking about this I would add the following to the wedding ceremony.

The wedding ceremony will last a few minutes. Your marriage should last forever. Commit yourselves to each other for eternity.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:56 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,682,748 times
Scaling down? Yes, preparing for retirement just after the holidays!

Old 10-17-2008, 05:50 PM

27,347 posts, read 27,400,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
LOL.. come on Livewire, you forgot about that Dodge Ram symbol on your Dodge Dakota and mine, and what you told me about it!
That 'Ram' symbol...the little 'vinyl' one with the dealers name that was on the tailgate...I scraped that one off a couple of years ago! (Why do free advertising for a dealer?) The one 'hood ornament' thing is part of the hood and wont come off, its riveted on. But its not a sticker, its chrome, or something. I even tell the mechanics when they do an oil change NOT to put one of those little 'reminder' things on my windshield. I usually remind myself via day planner.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:20 PM

44,633 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Today's Question :
Do you have "embellishments" on any of your vehicles ? No, unless you count grille guard(ie: bumper stickers,sport team flags, doggy nose prints,fancy front license plate etc) I found out a few years ago that there are people that target vehicles with stickers, etal and they scratch them up if they don't agree with your stickers meaning.

Extra Credit Question:
Have you started your "holiday shopping" ? No. Always shop the last week.

Bonus Question:
Will you be scaling back on the above mentioned shopping this year....no, being retired we don't need anything ourselves and for the kids, etal, we give gift cards to their favorite stores so they can buy what they really want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics