Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2009, 03:18 PM

24,586 posts, read 26,149,284 times

Advertisements

Mr Ak,
I think Delta (and others) have a lifetime warranty. I contacted Delta for a on/off valve for our shower and they sent it right out.

Check out the 2nd column.

http://www.deltafaucet.com/?gclid=CN...FRBbagodS1skoA

Another good place to try is Ace, they have somethings the big box stores don't carry.

Old 06-12-2009, 05:37 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,963,193 times
Thumbs up Thank you! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
Mr Ak,
I think Delta (and others) have a lifetime warranty. I contacted Delta for a on/off valve for our shower and they sent it right out.

Check out the 2nd column.

Kitchen Faucets, Bathroom Faucets & Bath Faucets : Delta Faucet

Another good place to try is Ace, they have somethings the big box stores don't carry.
Wow,,,, thanks for the info ~ now I know that I "should" have checked this first! I found the part that I needed and they carry a replacement. However one thing I didn't do was send in any warranty cards when I installed all of the faucets three years ago. I will keep this in mind for any future needs however. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

It made it much easier for me to have the original Delta installation book, all of the part numbers are in there for repair needs.

Old 06-12-2009, 05:43 PM

Lightbulb Things to know about Plumbing!

Why didn’t I think of checking the website first! Motormaker had a good idea!

Things you should and shouldn’t do, and some things you need to know about when attacking a plumbing job own your own. Not everything applies to every job or individual however this list will give you food for thought.

Never start a plumbing job without several buckets and sponges nearby.
Always remember that water runs down hill.
If you buy repair parts; ~ always buy extra, you’ll need them before the job is complete.
Have a large box of tools around, and place extra ones near the area that you’re working in.
Your wife will love you when she sees just how awesome your tools look and you appear to be stressed.
Get extra plumbers putty, it helps avoid leaks but doesn’t work after you have one.
Try to remember where you put the instructions that came with the faucets when you first installed them. It helps to refer to them at times. If you don’t have them look the faucet up online and print a copy of it.
Get a small pillow to lie on while your head is under the sink.
It helps to mumble softly while under the sink; the wife isn’t sure what you’re saying but she’s impressed with how hard you’re working.
Talk as though you’re an authority using words like grummets, washer, flange, stopper valve, locknut, and remember if you check the instructions first you can learn more by reading up on them.
Most of the time you don’t need power tools, but again it’s impressive to have around and will confuse a spouse.
It’s also a good idea to avoid having a beer with the neighbor should he come over to lend a hand or give a word of advice.
Avoid drinking before you have the repairs completed and tested first.
Plumbers pipe tape is good to use before you turn the water back on.
Avoid snoring while lying down and halfway under the sink and vanity.
Pick a time to do the repair work when your favorite team isn’t playing on tv.
If you can, loosen your belt and pull the back of your pants down a little more then normal, butt cracks being seen is a sign of a man who knows plumbing; and your wife will love seeing it while you work under the cabinet.
Keep the receipts to all repair parts you bought at the store. The ones you didn’t use can be returned.
Remember one thing while doing the plumbing repairs ~ no matter how bad it may be it’s saving you $90 an hour on straight time alone. Remember those tickets you wanted to buy for the ball game next week, you have now earned it and the spouse can’t say no.
And most important – Don’t rush the job; anything worth doing is worth doing well. Self-satisfaction is important.

The job is completed this afternoon and working just fine now. I only wish I had checked online with Delta first. The local plumbing stores and big box stores no longer carry the unit that Mrs Aks bought 3~4 years ago.

Old 06-13-2009, 11:44 AM

24,586 posts, read 26,149,284 times
Mr Ak,
If I remember correctly, I didn't send in my warranty card either, but Delta still honored they warranty. I also think Phister (SP) provides the same service.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:10 PM

1,691 posts, read 3,858,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Why didn’t I think of checking the website first! Motormaker had a good idea!

Never start a plumbing job without several buckets and sponges nearby.
I got that far in my reading and just lost it! I can picture the mess, the hectic rush to get towels, buckets, turn off facets, water mains, etc. LMAO!

Old 06-13-2009, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
Mr Ak,
If I remember correctly, I didn't send in my warranty card either, but Delta still honored they warranty. I also think Phister (SP) provides the same service.
I didn't even think to check with them first, but I will the next time.

Seems I lean to making any job a little harder then it needs to be, I always forget to keep it simple

Old 06-14-2009, 09:03 AM

1,667 posts, read 4,718,740 times
Why do some people shop in Walmart with 5 kids plus Grandma & Granpa in tow.....then the stop up the aisle and speak their native language. They glare at you if you try & get past them.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:28 AM

Shopping carts left all over the parking lot and none in the store!

Then when they do have the shopping carts all put into a nice long row of them, you can’t get “one” out –
they’re all stuck together.

Old 06-15-2009, 11:58 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,892,156 times
Aks-so sorry about BIL-prayers being offered for him and your sister.

Okay how about pulling out that shopping cart and the previous person left a dirty tissue on it.

Old 06-15-2009, 01:02 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,302,561 times
We went to Wally World day before yesterday to pick up one thing from the school supplies aisle. Went directly to that aisle, found the item immediately. It was hanging on a peg on the wall, behind a woman standing directly in front of it, ooing and aahing over the kid in the cart. She saw us standing there, looking and pointing at the item. Did she move??? NNNNOOOOOOOO. So, rather than being nice about it, I walked around the cart and wedged myself between the cart and the shelves. She finally moved.

As we were leaving, we got in our car and there was a couple loading their vehicle right next to us from the rear (big SUV). the man was halfway into the roadway, he wouldn't move, and it took all of DH's attention to drive around him. SInce he was watching that man, he didn't see the couple directly behind them, also loading up their vehicle. Luckily, he saw them just in time and stopped. He rolled down his window and very nicely apologized and said he didn't see them. Well, the woman was in a snit (I guess I can understand) and told him, not very nicely, "Evidently." I was proud of him. Rather than get into a pi&&ing match with her, he just shut the window and drove off.

People! That's why I hate going to Wally World.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics