Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2009, 04:51 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,905,197 times

Advertisements

It’s 117 in the sun and going up this afternoon. Can’t go out and enjoy trimming the last of the trees in the front yard today yet. Maybe by moonlight it will cool off enough I can? Lol

Old 06-28-2009, 01:21 PM

1,691 posts, read 3,853,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
It’s 117 in the sun and going up this afternoon. Can’t go out and enjoy trimming the last of the trees in the front yard today yet. Maybe by moonlight it will cool off enough I can? Lol

I feel for ya! I think we have about 117 in the shade via the heat index. Will you have enough Moonlight to accomplish the task at hand? In any case wishing you a cool bright night!

Old 07-01-2009, 03:28 PM

Problems with a/c units and how they originally got installed; now I’ve got to fix the issue and keep everything working. A/C installers are dummies when it comes to condensation lines and how to install them, don’t they know anything about plumbing?

Old 07-01-2009, 04:19 PM

My ex-boyfriend was an A/C man but he was more into maintance and sales. He would sell a new A/C unit, take the wrong measurement and the company bought a unit to install and the installers couldn't install it because it was too big to get into the alotted area.
I was on hand one day when the fudge hit the fan, the installers were made at him he was mad at the installers round and round they went till my big redhead mouth chimmed and told the installers to devise a diagram of a A/C unit area where in certain measurements are needed to be filled in. Then he can measure at the exact same places without error. then I told my dope of a boyfriend that if he doesn't learn how to measure the entry way as well as the space the unit will sit in then they have every right to fire your but from your own company! ( yep dumb (_I_) owned the company. )

I can imagine what you are going through with the condenstation lines. Just make sure your drip tray is also clean and clear. It reminds me that I need to run some water through my parents line or it get clogged every now and then. Nasty habit it has.

Old 07-01-2009, 06:45 PM

Angry flooding in the desert

Kerowyn ,,, you must be looking over my shoulder. I have the exact problem you’re talking about with too large of a unit placed in a small closet type area of the house. The drip tray overflowed because of a poor plumbing of the condensation line. Carpet got wet, water on the floor, and I was able to unclog the line but it’s not easy and shouldn’t haven to begin with. There are six elbows in the condensation line of about three feet before it runs horizontally 10 ft under the slab foundation to get out from under the house.

The big problem is there’s very little pipe to access and no way to get the line flushed out without disturbing or damaging the way the pipe is routed under the a/c A-frame. It’s a difficult problem to try and figure a way to flush the line without damaging anything. There isn’t much access to the plastic line.

Old 07-01-2009, 06:56 PM

656 posts, read 1,310,404 times
I am a wiatress and I had a horrible day today!! I am so tired of people's condescending attitudes!! also, I'm tired of working my butt off for the table and getting a 2.00 tip!! and FYI!!!!! do you really think you need ranch to dip your fries into?? I'm just saying.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:07 PM

431 posts, read 1,221,318 times
Default My gripe..

I clean houses and today I had called to check on an elderly client to see if she remembered me coming tomorrow. I always do this.

Her son's wife answered and informed me that they didn't need me now because "mom" was moving in with them and I should call her husband back at 8pm tonight at their house.

I called him back and he confirmed that they didn't need me anymore but went on and on about how much they loved my cleaning and how happy they were with me but "mom" was moving in with them and they started moving her stuff over to their house today.

Oh and yes he remembered he told me not to give her spot away because when she moved in with HIM he wanted me to start cleaning HIS house in HER spot, yes he remembers saying that.

BUT...

Now he doesn't want me to because his wife threw a fit and doesn't want to pay for it. So...he won't be needing me after all, but he will GLADLY give me a glowing reference for any other cleaning jobs and he really appreciates me so much.

So ...I lost a dearly loved client that I've been cleaning her house for 2 1/2 years. I will miss her ! She is 91. Like a grandmother to me !

Not only that, but I got the "consideration" of being told at 8pm on the night before I was supposed to clean her house. AND I am the one who had to do the calling to find all this out. What if I had showed up tomorrow morning to clean and nobody was there ? Then what ? I am SO glad I called !

Gee people. This is my job. I count on the money !!! It's not a hobby, it's a job. A little advance warning would have been nice. They have had her at their house before and always let me keep cleaning .....would come to let me in.

I dunno.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:39 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,056,134 times
I'm feeling very overwhelmed. I have a bunch of end of fiscal year deadlines to meet today and I'm trying to get them done by 3 p.m. They're letting us leave at 3 p.m. and I'm really not trying to stay longer than I have to.

THEN, my daughter, who is working as a summer intern, in another department, we're I'm employed, takes it upon herself to walk over here, every day, on her lunch break, spread her lunch out on MY desk, and eat. I put a stop to it today, though. She caught the wrath of me feeling overwhelmed and wound up walking off upset because the way I told her to stop coming over here, to my office everyday, to eat, came out very nasty...I feel sort of bad, because I did go off on her, but I'm sayin', though, they have a LOUNGE AREA, over where she works, so she needs to go there and eat.... Plus, I don't take my lunch until AFTER she takes hers, so technically when she comes over here, I'm still working, which she seems to NOT understand.......

Old 07-02-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Kerowyn ,,, you must be looking over my shoulder. I have the exact problem you’re talking about with too large of a unit placed in a small closet type area of the house. The drip tray overflowed because of a poor plumbing of the condensation line. Carpet got wet, water on the floor, and I was able to unclog the line but it’s not easy and shouldn’t haven to begin with. There are six elbows in the condensation line of about three feet before it runs horizontally 10 ft under the slab foundation to get out from under the house.

The big problem is there’s very little pipe to access and no way to get the line flushed out without disturbing or damaging the way the pipe is routed under the a/c A-frame. It’s a difficult problem to try and figure a way to flush the line without damaging anything. There isn’t much access to the plastic line.
Six elbows! OMG what was that! ploting the path via Tim-Buc-too?!

wow I wish I had a great solution or at least a start of one for you. to flush my parents out I just poor water down the pipe which is a bit easier to get to then your I would imagine. I can think funnel with a bit of workable hose? would getting a plumbers snake be worth it all? Or maybe can it be reworked with c-curve joints instead of 90 degree elbows?

( Look at me I am almost talking mechanical......and worst yet almost sound like I know what I am talking about... no.. no.. no applause please )

Old 07-02-2009, 01:42 PM

LOL great info. I'll let you know how things work out, I might even get a pic or two and send em to you. It's a nightmare that shouldn't have happened ~ but now I'll live with it. thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics