Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2009, 01:03 AM

5,054 posts, read 6,920,436 times

Advertisements

Unofrtunately, suffocating one self doesn't make the clouds dissappear into fat air.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:54 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,985,286 times
It started to rain a little last night and then again this morning, but it didn't rain that much. Only a few drops here and there. We need some rain and enough that will do some good.

The car and truck got all wet and dusty but now I've got to wash them AGAIN.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:58 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,313,238 times
I hate being treated like I'm 12 by my mother. It wasn't a good visit, but that's all I say about that.

I hate when you're convinced to have a salesperson come to your house to demonstrate something with "no purchase necessary", then when they come, you're given a high pressure sales pitch for a product that's about 3-4 times what you thought it might be and, even after saying no nicely not once but several times, the person still insists you should buy this expensive item TODAY because "you'll never see this deal again" when she can clearly look at our cluttered house and see that we're in the midst of a kitchen renovation and can't afford to hand her $9000 at this very moment. We all but had to kick her out. She even kept trying after I told her "We will NOT be pushed into this at this time." How much clearer could I get???

Whew. I feel MUCH better now!

Old 07-22-2009, 07:59 AM

485 posts, read 986,632 times
I'm tired of this weather!!! It has been raining for the best part of the summer and I live in an area where we only have warm weather for 3 months out of the year, at most!! To make matters worse I now have bronchitis and here come the sunny days. I bet as soon as I get better the rain will come back.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:40 PM

1,691 posts, read 3,860,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
I hate being treated like I'm 12 by my mother. It wasn't a good visit, but that's all I say about that.

I hate when you're convinced to have a salesperson come to your house to demonstrate something with "no purchase necessary", then when they come, you're given a high pressure sales pitch for a product that's about 3-4 times what you thought it might be and, even after saying no nicely not once but several times, the person still insists you should buy this expensive item TODAY because "you'll never see this deal again" when she can clearly look at our cluttered house and see that we're in the midst of a kitchen renovation and can't afford to hand her $9000 at this very moment. We all but had to kick her out. She even kept trying after I told her "We will NOT be pushed into this at this time." How much clearer could I get???

Whew. I feel MUCH better now!
get an engraver and give her the message engraved with gold lettering... maybe then she wil get the message.

I was a car dealership (dude wouldn't let me leave) and they did the ole "what can I do to get you purchase a car today" my reply was "let me LEAVE and think it all over, if I like it then I will be back" he replies "but this deal is only for today. I replied "Bull-Hockey." He responds with the "we want to earn your business". I reply yet again "bull-hockey! you want to pressure sell me into a car that is 2-3 thousand more then I should have to pay. That my friend is not earning my business that is pressure sales, and bad sales at that." "mam" he says, " I do not know what you are talking about we offered you a great deal we don't pressure sale here." my clasic reply is "and I am a PO'ed redhead who will shout down your entire lot and the ones your company owns within ear shot. All those lovely customers will all hear about how you WONT let me leave and you BLOCK my only path and you use HIGH pressure sales tactics and oh ya, you leave people overended on the financing oweing more the car is worth within 1 year of payments. Your choice, you already lost a possible sell now do you want to lose more?"
He let me go quietly.

I hate High Pressure Sales tactics. I get very angry with the people wh use those methods to make a sale.

Loved my Mini saleman... he let the car sell itself to me and just pointed out the more fun aspects, warrentees, maintaince services etc.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gf1025 View Post
I'm tired of this weather!!! It has been raining for the best part of the summer and I live in an area where we only have warm weather for 3 months out of the year, at most!! To make matters worse I now have bronchitis and here come the sunny days. I bet as soon as I get better the rain will come back.
Trade you, drought for rain. we have drought.

I am sure AskerbeN will be happy to trade you as well.... I think his weather is hotter then mine on average and more of a dryer type as well.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:53 PM

Thanks Kerowyn,,, it was HOT again today! Ouch!

However I'm venting on another issue and topic. I had to visit the auto repair shop and talk about what they can do to fix a brake problem. Now I can go back on Monday and have the work done. Be sure ,,,, I'll take the Visa card.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:37 PM

Angry drivers with wide trailers

People who drive with a trailer behind them and don’t know how to keep it in the middle of their lane of traffic.

I couldn’t believe the nutcase who came up from behind in the right-hand lane to pass me while I was following another vehicle that slowed down to make a turn left. As the driver came past me he cleared without much trouble however the trailer he was pulling was much wider then his truck, thus it was very close to my side. I watched him drive and pull the trailer in his lane and remained behind him, as I didn’t want to get hit by it. The man was a nutcase and kept coming over to the left lane as he continued driving.

The trailer was a little wider then his truck but it was less then the width of the traffic lane and he should have been able to keep it in the middle of that lane. Stupid people shouldn’t drive with wide trailers.

Now I feel better!

Old 07-26-2009, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
People who drive with a trailer behind them and don’t know how to keep it in the middle of their lane of traffic.

I couldn’t believe the nutcase who came up from behind in the right-hand lane to pass me while I was following another vehicle that slowed down to make a turn left. As the driver came past me he cleared without much trouble however the trailer he was pulling was much wider then his truck, thus it was very close to my side. I watched him drive and pull the trailer in his lane and remained behind him, as I didn’t want to get hit by it. The man was a nutcase and kept coming over to the left lane as he continued driving.

The trailer was a little wider then his truck but it was less then the width of the traffic lane and he should have been able to keep it in the middle of that lane. Stupid people shouldn’t drive with wide trailers.

Now I feel better!
ohoh I agree with that one! big time.

(what happened to me the other day) I hate to add to the bad problem is being behind a trailor whose lights don't work, if it wasn't for the fact that the trailers being hauled was shorter then the truck cab's roof. I would have never known the who truck and trailer were stopping if it wasn't for being able to see the break light on top of the cab of the truck.

I thought it was illegal to drivewithout proper break lights and faulty equipment.... oh yeah.... it is only illegal if you get caught.... oh silly me.

Old 07-26-2009, 12:04 PM

7,399 posts, read 19,391,654 times
On the subject of traffic, people that drive in the left lane in traffic. The left lane is for passing, not sightseeing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics