Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2009, 09:30 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,934,738 times

Advertisements

More yard wastes on the ground then can fit inside the garbage container for pickup at the curb.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:37 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,880,122 times
The wonderfully considerate a--holes who threw their red plastic cups out of their cars the night of the 4th.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:46 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,092,672 times
The guy I had to spend the 4th with. He's my old roommate and his parents called me begging to spend the 4th with them. So I did, forgetting what a buzzkill he is. The guy talks about girls every 30 seconds. He can't control his hormones. Every minute is another story about some girl he's thinking about calling. And whenever he's not talking about females, he's talking about economic and sports conspiracies. Ridiculous crap like A-Rod took steroids just so he could get attention and that democrats and republicans are really the same, they just want world dominiation. He's not an idiot, just a simpleton who's been sheltered his whole life. On the way to the 4th party we went to the Livingston twp celebration and he insists I drive, even though I've already driven way out of my way to West Orange. I told him I hardly have any gas and all, but he still insists I drive. Then he downs a couple shots of vodka and tells me now I have to drive. Then the guy has the audacity to walk around the 4th of July Livingston celebration at the high school without a shirt on, and he tells me that every girl there is "eye-****ing" him. Then he insists we hang out in front of a 7/11 because "girls might be there". Sigh, keep in mind we're in our early 20's, stuff like that hasn't been cool since I was about 16. Then we get back to his place and have a few beers, and he has to play his music as loud as possible and the same handful of songs over and over, including crap like Nickelback. I don't try to criticize people for their tastes, but he also thinks Pizza Hut is better than any Ma and Pa shop in Jersey. He's going on and on about how all these girls like him and how he's so handsome. It's just me and him and he starts dancing, looking like a total fool. It made Elaine from Seinfeld look like a skilled dancer. Then he asks me to start dancing, like WTF? We're 2 dudes, that's not cool. Whatever, luckily I was buzzed and managed to pretty much ignore him. So it's about 3 in the morning and then he drags me to "go for a walk" just so he can show me a park where he goes and tries to pick up girls. On the way there we walk through a rough part of Orange and there are some very suspicious looking guys hanging out on a corner. I said we should just keep our heads down and ignore them, but no, he goes up to them to ask how they're doing. Luckily they were cool. We come back to his place and I try falling asleep, and it's about 4 in the morning. He puts on his damn music again. I keep asking him if he could turn it down or put on some headphones and every time "wait, you need to hear this song". So Sunday I'm getting ready to go and he wants me to take him and his dog to the dog park. I oblige since I'm a sucker for dogs. But to avoid from driving he swills some booze and forces me to drive again. So now I have to drive this creep to the dog park and get dog hair all over my car. And this is the same guy who was totally different a year ago. He used to be just a slob (he would get popcorn all over our dorm and cockroaches came) and walk around in his underwear all day playing Starcraft. Then his GF broke up with him and he's totally changed, gotten tattoos, piercings everything. It really astonishes me how much that kind of thing gets to some people's heads.

/rant

Potential parents, this is why you don't drink or smoke when you're pregnant, and why you should never shelter your children when they're young.

Old 07-07-2009, 11:51 PM

218 posts, read 756,575 times
Glad this thread is still here or I would have had to start one...

People who point! They have to point at everything! They are explaining something and here goes this damn index finger right across your face as they are pointing at something on the other side of you.
I think their fingers need to be bitten or something, Seriously! Where's Mike Tyson when you need him! It's to the point that I reflexively grab the finger and say PLEASE DON'T POINT!!!

and when I worked in retail, people would not only chuck their money on the counter instead of putting it into your waiting, extended hand -- they have to point at it. They are lucky I didn't have a machette!
j/k I'm not violent, that's why I'm venting on here.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:47 AM

WhatSayYou

I have to point out that you surely feel better after that rant LOL

Old 07-08-2009, 09:32 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,880,122 times
Whew! Tell us what's bothering ya why dont't ya?

Old 07-08-2009, 11:52 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,444,670 times
People who don't call back. We have called different contractors and businesses on Monday for a job estimate. So far no one has called back. What is everyone rich? I guess people don't need the work.

I get tired of calling people back because they never did their job in the first place.

My Realtor had the same problem with another Realtor. She had a buyer for a house over a million dollars. She called the listing agent to get a contract over and never got a call back. What is wrong with people? If I had a potential commission on a million dollars you can bet your butt I would be calling back and doing everything I could to make the deal work. People just don't seem to care as much anymore and then they have the nerve to complain how life craps on them. And whose fault is that?

Ok, I feel better. Thanks. The buttheads. Oops, sorry.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:31 PM

218 posts, read 756,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Whew! Tell us what's bothering ya why dont't ya?
Ha that's probably me you mean here. Working with a chronic pointer was on my last nerve last night so figured "Stress & Venting" thread was more suitable than the pet peeve thread. Yeah, Tyson & Machette were kinda strong, just venting tho.

BTW do people have to have a bunch of the gold things to feel a little more welcome here in these threads? Kinda got the impression I'm crashing a club or something
but thanks for letting me vent in here anyway Can't talk about it in work.

Old 07-09-2009, 04:19 PM

Angry callback failures

This is the right thread for venting! So everyone who needs to yell ~ do it here.

I spent a large amount of time working with a business manager and dealing with issues only to find that they don’t want to help or are concerned enough to assist on working things out. In fact, I called the corporate spoke with them, and they said they’d have someone check into it and call me back. No call for a couple of days. I again called corporate and talked with them (nicely) and they said they’d have a upper manager give me a call back. Well it’s been another few days and nothing yet,,,,, the phone didn’t ring and I’m still waiting for them. Even if they don’t want to help out, they could at least return the call and explain why.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:55 PM

587 posts, read 410,405 times
I'm trying to plan a wedding in a recession...'nuff said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics