Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2009, 01:47 PM

1,691 posts, read 3,860,538 times

Advertisements

Ok my soap box moment...

May it is just me but what is up with some folks on this board who want answers but not from the correct sources. they write we answer but not with the 'right' answer and they get mad.
You tell them over and over again to contact the right correct source and they don't... can't people make a bloody phone call? I see folks on the blinking phone almost all day, walking, in the car, shopping, at break time from work, walking around outside thier house with a phone glued tot he ear... what they hey!
I know I shouldn't take it so seriously and normally I don't... as most of might already know but heck Ia m a redhead aren't I allowed a little rant now and then .
Still OMG! just bloody well call a Lawyer, call the Doctor, Call you congressman, call the darn store, if your troubles are with them take it to them ask your questions and tell them your concerns THEY Get Paid for it all!

Ok... I am done.... all is well with the world and life is wonderful.

Old 06-19-2009, 12:33 PM

24,624 posts, read 26,187,838 times
Kerowyn

Fortunately the coupons are still good for another 2 months, Ill send the Super Chief next time.

Old 06-19-2009, 04:52 PM

52,456 posts, read 53,011,596 times
I've been working with this guy that last couple of weeks. He's a temp to hire type of situation. Anyway this guy is the most obnoxious, loud, annoying, boorish, knuckle dragging, uncouth, manner less f ing jerk that I've ever worked with.

Now I'm a real easy to get along with guy, honestly everyone says that but I mean it.

This guy is into the whole Ultimate fighting thing. That in itself isn't bad per se, it's just combine that with his personality traits and it's sensory overload. He's got this chip on his shoulder and is always looking to get upset about things, almost like he's looking for a fight, matter of fact he's always talking about some fight or conflict he has with someone.

He also regaled me with a story of how he came in on his girlfriend doing some other dude. He then proceeds to tell me of how he put this guy into a 3 day coma, giving all of the gory details of the beating he gave him.

He asked me today about getting together after work one day and having some beers. I'm like trying laugh it off type thing. I wouldn't spend one friggin second outside of work with someone like this.

He's forty yrs old, I can't believe someone could make it that far in life and be such a complete social retard. I almost feel sorry for him, he's such a buffoon.

I could go on and on but I don't want to expend any more of the good people of CD's time.

Old 06-19-2009, 05:47 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,312,037 times
Chowhound, sounds terrible. I think there's a reason he's on a temp to hire basis.

Old 06-19-2009, 10:24 PM

527 posts, read 1,285,614 times
College is driving me absolutely insane! x__x

Old 06-19-2009, 11:59 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,336,310 times
I work as a contracts administrator, but the job I held previously at my current company was administrative assistant for this one small group, which presently consists of about 25 people. The only thing I really do for them these days is contracts-and-revenue related work, but I'm happy to help in other ways if I have the time, etc. So the VP for the group asked if I would find meeting space for next month for two days, all day, for the entire group.

Hosting the meeting in-house was out of the question -- the VP waited WAY too long to try to book any available conference rooms. So he asked me to look off-site. I called the hotel near our office where out-of-town employees stay when they're here, and the hotel could offer me the space for $200 each day. So, $400 total for just the space. I proposed that to the VP and suggested that he cut everybody loose for lunch to let them fend for themselves.

No.... He doesn't like the meeting rooms at that hotel; they're too dark. And we'd definitely need to order food. So he asked me to call the place where we had it LAST year.

Okay, so last year's 2-day meeting cost $4500 for the space and food. Then on the first night, the group gathered at a colleague's house and we catered dinner. With catering, alcohol, other beverages, and assorted supplies, that night cost about $1000. And the VP wants, essentially, to do again this year what we did last year.

This is where I start ranting.

I'm sorry... Is he NOT aware that we're in a recession? Is he NOT aware that our company's sales were NOT where they were last year, or where they had been projected to be this year? Is he NOT aware that even our industry, which usually fares well in a recession, is taking some hits, and that that has affected us as well? Is he NOT aware that the company has already announced that director-level and above positions would not be receiving a pay increase this year? (A fair indication, if you ask me, that the company is trying to tighten its belt just a little in favor of keeping people EMPLOYED.)

I'm FURIOUS that this guy wants to spend another $4500-$5500, given our current situation. It's idiotic! It's FRIVOLOUS. But there's no one above him I can complain to. He reports directly to the CEO, and I don't know her well enough to bring it up with her. (I rode up with her in the elevator a couple weeks ago, and man...I was THIS close to saying something. But I didn't.)

I look at that $5000 and see somebody's paycheck for a month. It ticks me off to know it's going to go to CATERING -- because I know full-well, based on last year's event, that that's where the bulk of the cost will be going. I am mad, mad, MAD!

Old 06-20-2009, 09:53 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,983,665 times
On the other side of the coin, you’ve helped the economy and jobs for the hotel and the catering service.

Old 06-21-2009, 05:27 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,070,841 times
I'm borrowing the thread for a moment to vent about MSNBC. I watched CNN, Fox and BCC cover history trying to happen in Iran yesterday, while MSNBC showed their usual Saturday afternoon dopey documentary garbage. What an embarrassment for a station powered by NBC News. The world is changing as we know it and MSNBC shows the same stupid re-runs! I'm waiting for them to just start playing infomercials! Even this morning, CNN is updating people and MSNBC is showing Friday afternoon's Hardball re-run! Terrible job by MSNBC.

Old 06-21-2009, 05:08 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,983,665 times
I changed the wiper blades on the car and truck today while it was 100 + temp and the vehicles had to be about 135 degrees HOT. You can change the blades but DON'T touch the body or you get burned.

Old 06-22-2009, 04:08 AM

1,691 posts, read 3,860,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I changed the wiper blades on the car and truck today while it was 100 + temp and the vehicles had to be about 135 degrees HOT. You can change the blades but DON'T touch the body or you get burned.
slight cure is to park car in the shade for about 10 minutes take water hose or room temp tap water pour over wipes, make wiper exchange. Repark car in normal place.

Such a process can work without the move car to shade part but it sure does help.

Another option would be wet two paper towels down place over the wipe assembly fro about 1 minute to cool off the wipers on the car.... make fast exchange before heat dries up towels and burns them ( or better yet sets them a fire).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics