Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2011, 08:38 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
Thats your internet providers problem, so your reasoning is pretty lame..

If you go Mac, you never go back.
I learned how to use the computer on a Mac but have been a PC gal ever since

Old 07-13-2011, 12:19 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times
The pain of the after visit with the chiropractor,,,,,, why do I do this to myself It’ll be better later in the day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ouch for now.

Old 07-13-2011, 06:05 PM

5,244 posts, read 4,709,807 times
ATE TOO much, knew I was eating too much, now paying for it! UGH, the noises from my tummy

Old 07-13-2011, 08:09 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by therewego View Post
ATE TOO much, knew I was eating too much, now paying for it! UGH, the noises from my tummy
Felt that way after a super rich breakfast at Carrows that left me bleeeech afterwards ... Won't be returning anytime soon due to the fact that the oatmeal was lukewarm

Old 07-14-2011, 03:43 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Ooo...lukewarm oatmeal. Very big Ick.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:31 AM

19,521 posts, read 9,543,957 times
Boss gave me a project and asked if I could get it done by a certain time.
Well, I worked pretty much thru my lunch and completed the project 30 mins ahead of time and even made the labels nicer by using the computer/printer rather than by hand. Did I even get a thank-you? No
Guess the pleasantries only work with certain people but the lower level employees on the pay scale apparently don't merit such pleasantries.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:35 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Well, I worked pretty much thru my lunch and completed the project 30 mins ahead of time and even made the labels nicer by using the computer/printer rather than by hand. Did I even get a thank-you? No
Guess the pleasantries only work with certain people but the lower level employees on the pay scale apparently don't merit such pleasantries.
I'm sorry about that. I'll say..thank you for doing your job on time and being conscientious about it Too many employees out there are slugs and the good ones really need to be recognized more often...so good job

Old 07-14-2011, 11:58 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,279,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
At least you got the satisfaction of doing a good job. I just don't understand why it's so hard for people to show their appreciation. Sounds like your boss could sharpen his/her communication skills just a little.

Old 07-15-2011, 12:51 PM

452 posts, read 310,686 times
People in the state forums aren't the nicest, nor brightest.
Oh I think I've said that before

Old 07-15-2011, 02:47 PM

3,961 posts, read 2,574,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursofa_king View Post
Interesting thread. I was about to post on CL R&R until I found this. Our seats were just moved at work. With that come advantages and disadvantages. Some disadvantages:
-I didn't get a keyboard with the wrist pad/plastic guard and now I have to type at an abrupt angle resulting in pain by the end of the day
-They didn't move my chair and I got a poor one whereby I got neck, back pain soon after
-I was moved to a desk in between 2 corner seats....even though I'm a senior employee ...why couldn't I get a corner?
-Now I'm sitting near some annoying guy who keeps chit chatting all day...his boss complains about the lack of efficiency...the guy actually writes down the reference # for each email he handles , along with he actions taken. Talk about wasting time...he does an email , then writes about it in a paper journal!
No wonder he's so inefficient
-When I mentioned my back hurts from my crappy new chair, he felt the need to go exchange chairs with another colleague who's now seated at my old desk...nice gesture except that he also insisted on sending an email to the effect that he and I swapped chairs, plus he CC'ed another colleague AND did so with a "high priority" email. He claims he doesn't want to be a ninja and do thing covertly....I told him I'd leave a note myself about the chair swap but I was busy at the moment....my colleague just didn't have any patience...and INSISTED to email the 2 others about the swap. It was so ridiculous to waste time doing that when a quick note left by me would have been sufficient.
Now the 2 colleagues are liable to forward the email and embarrass me for this petty issue...
ughhh!

How do you deal with these busybody know it alls?
Hi Ursofa_king,

Welcome to the forum. Sorry no one has answered your post. This thread can be more of a venting, less of an answer type of place. It can be easy to miss a post. Sorry that happened here.

I would say you should still write the note. Tell the person you were going to write but so and so wrote an email so quick. Let them know you needed your old chair due to your bad back. Apologize for not being albe to let them know sooner. It isn't your fault but you can let them know you wanted to do it different.

Don't just assume your co-workers will be mad. They may be but if you try to communicate with them, you can't change their response. Only yours.

I am glad you found us. Look around, esp. in this OTHER section. It's a lot fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics