Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2009, 10:35 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times

Advertisements

Spending time going to the stores and shopping for a specific item and then deciding to buy it, only to find out a day or two later you could have saved another 10% or $20 bucks if you had only waited and gone to that one other store in town.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:41 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,020,411 times
Can you return it and buy the cheaper one?

Old 10-03-2009, 05:28 PM

24,471 posts, read 26,008,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Losing something in the house and you can't find it. It drives me crazy when this happens and Mrs Aks & I have been checking everywhere. We never throw anything away; it simply didn't get put back where it belongs and now it's lost. We've retraced our steps and thought about it but just can't figure out just where it got put. It makes me angry when this happens.
Remember my phrase. I've got it if I can find it.

Old 10-04-2009, 12:06 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times
Angry Group list & Junk emails = bad friends

How do you get off a junk email list after you're friends have added your address to their group list?

I've had my email address for years without any junk mail and now (started this week) I'm getting junk emails from a non known persons. The only way they could have gotten my address is from friends who added my email to their distribution list of others. Now it's out there for the world to send crap to.

Who or why do these people (friends) want to do this? They should know better then putting email addresses together in a group distribution. I can't tell how many junk emails are already filtered out that never get into my inbox, but now I'm getting one or two a day that are dropped into my inbox and I'm mad as hell because I hate junk emails and I get angry when other people include my address in a group list. I hate group email lists. DON"T DO THIS TO YOUR FRIENDS!

People need to know what Bcc is on your email, if you don't know find out!

Old 10-04-2009, 02:35 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times
Oh I hate this also AksarbeN no amount of explaining to the friends doing it would stop. So I set up a hotmail account then told them to delete my old addy. Hotmail does fairly well blocking large forwarded emails. I always send Bcc when sending to more than one person then use my hotmail account in the "To" that way nobody gets others email's addy.

Old 10-04-2009, 02:47 PM

1,050 posts, read 3,526,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Losing something in the house and you can't find it. It drives me crazy when this happens and Mrs Aks & I have been checking everywhere. We never throw anything away; it simply didn't get put back where it belongs and now it's lost. We've retraced our steps and thought about it but just can't figure out just where it got put. It makes me angry when this happens.

So many times I put things away for "safekeeping" and then forget where I put them. Right now it is a childs' thermometer. Searched hi and low. I know it will turn up after it is now longer needed.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:46 AM

606 posts, read 1,234,810 times
I have to vent about people being nasty! I truly beleive that when people are nasty to others (online or not) that they crave some sick high by going out of their way to putting others down or trying to make the person look like a fool. I guess I am one of those persons whom if I don't like something I simply walk the other way. I try not to be nasty, it is only when they are nasty to me for no reason that I get nasty RIGHT BACK!

Old 10-05-2009, 11:09 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,575,909 times
Traveling this past week has brought out some venting on my part. I really enjoy the different scenery. eating places, people, and such. What I don't like are the various street signs, direction signs, and turn signs. Lack of good lighting on many of these signs. Size of directional and informational signs. No, I don't need for someone to hold my hand and guide me through. I like to drive and find my way around.

However I do appreciate signs placed in obvious places, large enough to read while whizzing past at 60-70 mph with traffic close behind. And enough time to move right or left into the correct lane for all of this maneuvering. And lighting!!! Some states have lights over the green info signs and some don't. OK, enought for now!!!

Old 10-06-2009, 06:52 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,053,366 times
Snobby people and people who have this sense of "entitlement".

Old 10-06-2009, 09:40 AM

27,345 posts, read 27,400,159 times
Heres one. For me its a big deal, but for everyone else, its probably petty.
Houses. When I look at floor plans, I notice it says 'great room' instead of living room. WTH???? Its a flipping living room with a glorified name!! When I see that word, it kinda makes me steer clear of that one because Im a simple-house-type-of-girl and dont need a glorified name in any of the rooms. In fact, it sounds a bit too fancy for my taste.

Sounds crazy and weird, but I am weird anyway.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics