Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 06:35 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,596,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
Today's Question(s):
If you could close your eyes and just blink, what food would appear in front of you ? Hot Fudge Sundae
Quote:
Originally Posted by studedude View Post

If you could close your eyes and just blink, what food would appear in front of you ?
IHOP Pancakes with bacon. I haven't had breakfast yet.

how about a wife? I'll take care of the jewelry... I'll just get 'em from those machines at Walmart..

Now we know why you're single Mike. You can't get a wife from a machine at Walmart
1st - I wanna change my answer to hot fudge sundae or pancakes and bacon.
2nd - it's only 830am here but studedude earns toosie's chuckle of the day star - *bing*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 06:43 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
What new thing have you learned lately ? Yesterday I learned the forks on the backhoe can't lift our shipping container.

The "Jewelry fairy"is stopping by to bring you a present !!

What would you want her to bring you ?
I'm not a big jewelry fan. My DH says I am the pickiest woman when it comes to shopping for jewelry. He wanted to buy me a special ring about 5 years ago. I looked in every jewelry store around and it still took me over 2 years to find "one" ring I liked. They make some really hideous jewelry, lol.

What was the last reason you stayed up really late ? DH and I stayed up late discussing real estate options about a week ago.

[b]Last time you stepped on a scale? Yesterday.

Have you every owned a Mr Potato Head? Of course.

If you could close your eyes and just blink, what food would appear in front of you ? Chocolate.

Favorite diet food ? Fruit. I love all fruit.

Least favorite diet food ? Cottage Cheese but I can manage it mixed with fruit, lol.

National Raisin Day Yum.

Hairstylists Appreciation Day Please send a good one my way. I'm scared to have my hair cut this time.

National Honesty Day It's my day. I'm sometimes too honest.

National Oatmeal cookie day With raisins, yum.

Mr. Potato Head Day Yay for Mr. Potato Head.

Thank you Karla. Have a great day everyone.

Old 04-30-2009, 06:49 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,673,339 times
Good morning everyone. Sorry I missed the question yesterday. The old brain just wouldn't work

And good bye April. I agree Karla..was a very strange month.
[
Today's Question(s):

I have always tried to live by the saying
Try to learn something new every day, so

What new thing have you learned lately ? you really do get what you give 10 fold. If you give bad, you get that. If you do good you get that too.
And it is much easier to be nice and smile regardless how you feel.
And
try to live each day and be happy for you do not know if this is your last.
There that is 3 but they just kept popping in my head today. Wonder if that means my brain is sharper

Bonus Question:

What would you want her to bring you ? I'm not really into jewerly lately. So I'd have to tell the jewerly fairy to save his/her money Give it to someone who needs it.

Bonus Question:

What as the last reason you stayed up really late ? this does not happen often. I'm usually in bed by 11 at the latest.

Just for fun:

Last time you stepped on a scale? past tues
Have you every owned a Mr Potato Head? oh yes, one of my fun things to play with. My little grand daughter has one now and we play.
If you could close your eyes and just blink, what food would appear in front of you ? oohhhh a nice thick juicy piece of filet mignon. (smacking my lips.....yum)
Favorite diet food? I've been on WW and right now have not one favorite diet food. Sorry.
Least favorite diet food ? eggs

Today is:
National Raisin Day Yay for juicy rasins.
Hairstylists Appreciation Day I need to call mine. I took a sicssors to my hair yesterday and screwed up the front. Oh lord. Hope she can help
National Honesty Day best policy
National Oatmeal cookie day with rasins of course
Mr. Potato Head Day lets not forget mrs potato head.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:17 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Today's Question(s):

What new thing have you learned lately? Does it have to be new? Can't I relearn something I knew already. I will have to think on this one and get back to you.

Just remembered. Yesterday I learned that you don't get swine flu by eating pork, you get it by being around pigs. So everybody stay away from the pigs in your life and you will be fine. LOL I am sorry, I know this stuff is serious, but I just thought this was funny. I have probably already had this flu because we used to live next door and luckily not down wind from a pig farm.

Bonus Question:

What would you want her to bring you? Well, I name my rings after my family and use the birthstone as a guide. Today's my granddaughter's first birthday and I don't have a ring to represent her yet. I would like a diamond in her honor. I am not holding my breath until it happens.

Bonus Question:

What as the last reason you stayed up really late? Every night to play on city-data. This can stop now. Mr. VA worked his last day in the computer room yesterday at 11 P. M. I can do city-data anytime now. I doubt I will have time to though. When my brother retired, I didn't get an e-mail from my sil for about a month. Ya'll have fun, because I am going to.

Just for fun:

Last time you stepped on a scale? I have sworn off those and just concentrate on my diet.
Have you every owned a Mr Potato Head? I think we had one about 35 years ago.
If you could close your eyes and just blink, what food would appear in front of you? Nothing right now. I just finished breakfast.
Favorite diet food? I don't eat diet food. I eat real food.
Daily--7 oz meat or meat substitute, five vegetables, 3-4 fruits, 2-3 milk, and 2-3 grain servings.
Least favorite diet food? All of them.

Last edited by NCN; 04-30-2009 at 07:25 AM..

Old 04-30-2009, 07:19 AM

18,218 posts, read 25,861,807 times
Good morning people!
Today's question:
I have always tried to live by the saying try to learn something new every day, so what new thing have you learned lately?...Have a little bit more patience in my regular day to day activities.

Bonus question: The jewelry is stopping by to bring you a present. What would you want her to bring you? Don't need anything .

Bonus question: What was the last reason you stayed up really late? To watch a movie.

Last time you stepped on a scale? A couple weeks ago at the doctors office.
Have you ever owned a Mr. Potato Head? No.
If you could close your eyes and just blink, what food would appear in front of you? Like bjh, I say PIZZA!
Favorite diet food? Least favorite diet food? I just try to get my 5 servings of fruits and veggies a day, and cereal too.

Today is oatmeal cookie day? Yay!

Old 04-30-2009, 07:27 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
wow we had lots of busy folks early this morning there are a lot of night owls here

omg I woke up at 6:34 and somehow managed to get to the groomer at 7:02 I don't think the dogs were even fully awake

It is so quite in the house so let me take a minute before picking up the phone to answer
Today's Question(s):

What new thing have you learned lately ?

Even with the economy as bad as it is, there are still very generous companies that have donated to my 4-H fundraiser.

Bonus Question:

Simple, the ring I have been drooling over for 17 years
a 3 ct cushion cut Ceylon Sapphire flanked by 2 trillion diamonds set in white gold
I saw it at fortunoff that long ago and watched the price go from $7k to $11k which is why it never came home lol
Sadly I just learned that they are going out of business ;(

Bonus Question:

What as the last reason you stayed up really late ?

Last night to post the " ? 0' the Day"

Just for fun:

Last time you stepped on a scale? last week
Have you every owned a Mr Potato Head? of course !!!
If you could close your eyes and just blink, what food would appear in front of you ? A real philly cheesesteak and bagels
Favorite diet food ? Diet pepsi
Least favorite diet food ? don't eat the normal diet foods like salad & stuff

Old 04-30-2009, 07:31 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,744,493 times
Hello all here is our Charley update:
Good Morning All,
Charley had a fairly decent night (he actually slept for a while). He is
in pain (especially his throat from the ventilation tube) but we expected
that, after all the pain meds he had been given in the hospital were out of
his system. He was able to eat and get up to walk around a bit but he
couldn't sit long enough to write this not to you.
His spirits are very good, as is his warped sense of humor. He wants me
to let you know that he hasn't been a pain in my backside and that he truly
appreciates all the kind notes that have come through along with your
prayers.
I'll keep in touch. Thanks to all of you!
Marlene

My response:
Thanks Marlene and I will pass it along and please give the big guy a hug from all of us.

Deb

Old 04-30-2009, 07:54 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,871,132 times
Today's Question(s):

What new thing have you learned lately ? The more you learn, the more questions you have. Right now I'm doing an independent study on Memory for my recertification. Hopefully I'll learn more about how to help my kids who have a poor working memory & also myself as I'm getting older! Now, where did I put my keys?

Bonus Question:

What would you want her to bring you ? I've been working on an "add a pearl" to a necklace for my younger daughter. She's getting married in August & it would be nice to have it finished for her wedding.

Bonus Question:

What as the last reason you stayed up really late ? I'm a night person. I was up until between 1 & 2 on Tuesday.

Just for fun:

Last time you stepped on a scale? At the doctor's a few weeks ago.
Have you every owned a Mr Potato Head? I think my girls had one.
If you could close your eyes and just blink, what food would appear in front of you ? Warm chocolate lava cake.
Favorite diet food ? Salads.
Least favorite diet food ? Hm... never really dieted, so I don't know.

Thanks for the update on Charley!

Old 04-30-2009, 08:06 AM

1,691 posts, read 3,851,527 times
I just love Allergies In the Morning!

Today's Question(s):

Influenza A virus subtype H1N1 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
more then I EVER wanted to know.

Bonus Question:

I am so not girlie as you will soon tell by my answer. I do not wear jewelry so all I really want is a new car.

Photobucket | honda insight Pictures, honda insight Images, honda insight Photos

Bonus Question:

Mae West movie!!!
http://ts2.images.live.com/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=511169403009&id=9dd88e1a34120759e 766f07d016bdf6f (broken link)

Just for fun:

Last time you stepped on a scale?

Have you every owned a Mr Potato Head?
If you could close your eyes and just blink, what food would appear in front of you ?
proscuitto panini serve with caprese salad con proscuitto
Favorite diet food ? Diet?!?
Least favorite diet food ?

Today in History:
1598 - 1st theater performance in America

1772 - John Clais patents 1st scale
1789 - George Washington inaugurated as 1st president of US The Inauguration of George Washington, 1789
1889 - 1st U.S. national holiday, on centennial of Washington's inauguration
1904 - Ice cream cone makes its debut
1952 - Mr. Potato Head is 1st toy advertised on television Mr. Potato Head - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Today is:
National Raisin Day

YouTube - California Raisins
Hairstylists Appreciation Day
http://ts3.images.live.com/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=843107011738&id=d8c1a8f6b1eab7d60 f815be7a89b56cc (broken link)
National Honesty Day

National Oatmeal cookie day
Mr. Potato Head Day

Closing theme music.....

YouTube - Bernadette Peters "Kramer's Song" The View

YouTube - Hey Mr Producer - You gotta get a gimmick

Old 04-30-2009, 08:30 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times
Trivia from my youth~~~~~Happy 76th birthday Willie Nelson!

Just this morning I was *taught* we have 18 more school days this year.
Nada I am not a jewelry girl
Must of been my night owl rearing it's head
Last time you stepped on a scale?
3 months ago
Have you every owned a Mr Potato Head?
Got one as a kid then was so let down it was a let down.
Philly cheesesteak!
Favorite diet food ?
salad
Least favorite diet food ?
grapefruit or rice cakes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics