Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 01:39 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,013,252 times

Advertisements

Yeah, her name was Shirley Mason.

She moved to Lexington Kentucky and worked as a commercial artist.

When she died, they found artwork in her basement referred to as "The Hidden Paintings."

If you ask me, her artwork was freaky. Here's a link to The Hidden Paintings: Home Page

Peganmamma, rent the old movie titled Sybil. As a result of the movie, the name Sybil is used to imply when someone has multiple personalities.

Old 12-21-2010, 02:18 PM

2,718 posts, read 5,356,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Really? O.M.G! Didn't she change her name to KylieEve then deactivate her account?

Sorry O.T.
If it wasn't for posts like the above, I'd never know what's going on around here. I had no idea about this....

I'm going back to the NY forums to find that 3 bedroom with balcony and doorman for $650.....

Old 12-21-2010, 02:43 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,058,385 times
are you saying the Real Sybil once had an account on CD, changed her account name to KylieEve and then was banned?

I'm missing something here. How old is CD? How did anybody find out who Sybil was on CD? We need some more info please.

Old 12-21-2010, 02:47 PM

1,731 posts, read 4,682,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
are you saying the Real Sybil once had an account on CD, changed her account name to KylieEve and then was banned?

I'm missing something here. How old is CD? How did anybody find out who Sybil was on CD? We need some more info please.
Lol. No, the real Sybil never posted here as far as I know. Lisalan posted here, kept getting into heated arguements and then getting threads closed, then changed her name to KylieEve, again got into heated arguements and getting threads closed then finally got banned. Now she bashes CD folks over at [domain blocked due to spam] in a most disgusting and psychotic way. Some of us believe she is already back here under another name.

Old 12-21-2010, 03:02 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,058,385 times
oh thank you for the explanation. I remember seeing her posts before.

I remember seeing that movie Sybi. I think Sally Field got some sort of Best Actor award for it. It was riveting.

Old 12-21-2010, 04:23 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,832,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleasach View Post

I'm going back to the NY forums to find that 3 bedroom with balcony and doorman for $650.....
In a prime neighborhood like TriBeCa or Soho or the West Village.

It has to exist because my cousin's friend's sister's boyfriend's dog walker's drug dealer who lived there in 1985 heard it from his grandpa.

Old 12-22-2010, 03:56 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,969,976 times
I have two people who want to roommate with me and we found an apartment with a 3 brdm for 1050 a month, that works out to be like 350 a person and without having to work off my rent I would be making bank even more.

Old 12-22-2010, 04:29 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,013,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I have two people who want to roommate with me and we found an apartment with a 3 brdm for 1050 a month, that works out to be like 350 a person and without having to work off my rent I would be making bank even more.
You'll still have 1/3 of the utilities. But $350 plus utilities is in the same ballpark of your current arrangement. The difference is you would be independent. When you're not working you would be in your own place dealing with roommate issues, not employer issues. It's worth considering. Just keep in mind that you will need to get a second job in addition to your BBB job. And don't burn bridges with your current nanny employer---they might want to still use you for occassional PAID babysitting when in a crunch.

Old 12-22-2010, 05:15 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,720,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Txt,
Do you know these people? Well? Are they financially able to handle their 1/3 + utilities? Do you work the same hours? Are their lifestyles compatible with yours? Do they go to college, so they'll need study time, also? In a sense, you almost have to "interview" people for room mates. You do NOT want to end up living with someone who can't or won't come up with their share of bank...and you don't want someone you can't trust to leave your stuff alone. Also, everything you need from a room mate, you should be prepared to be held under scrutiny as well, eh? GET THINGS IN WRITING! Like Hope said, if you do this, make sure that you don't burn your bridges with the folks you're babysitting for. You may need that extra $10/hr, down the road.

Old 12-22-2010, 05:26 PM

852 posts, read 1,364,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Txt,
Do you know these people? Well? Are they financially able to handle their 1/3 + utilities? Do you work the same hours? Are their lifestyles compatible with yours? Do they go to college, so they'll need study time, also? In a sense, you almost have to "interview" people for room mates. You do NOT want to end up living with someone who can't or won't come up with their share of bank...and you don't want someone you can't trust to leave your stuff alone. Also, everything you need from a room mate, you should be prepared to be held under scrutiny as well, eh? GET THINGS IN WRITING! Like Hope said, if you do this, make sure that you don't burn your bridges with the folks you're babysitting for. You may need that extra $10/hr, down the road.
I couldn't rep you beachmel, but those are excellent questions. Listen to her, txt. She's giving you good advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting