Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2011, 02:52 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Now I'm even more excited about trying it! Where do I find it? I forgot to ask my sister. Is it at the department store or do I need to go to Sephora?
Department stores. Maybe Macy's? I've been pretty well stocked up and it's been a while since I've bought any.

Old 03-15-2011, 03:13 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Macie will drive me insane today. She is a big chicken. She's afraid of going underneath tables to get a toy, she's also afraid of brooms....not because anyone's been threatening to her but because at least once, a broom, which has been leaning against a wall has fallen on the wood floor and made a loud noise when she was near . I am upstairs, on the computer, and I hear her whining and whining. My first thought was "**** frisbee" thinkng she was staring at the fridge and whining because sometimes DS will put the frisbee on top of it. So I go downstairs to see what the whining is all about. She is standing at the entrance of the laundry room, one of her toys is in there, on the floor RIGHT NEXT TO....THE BROOM!! Oh no! She will stare at it and whine about it but she won't go near the broom to get it. What a baby that dog is.....Of course, I went and got it for her, thus reinforcing the behavior....

Old 03-15-2011, 03:37 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,836,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Macie will drive me insane today. She is a big chicken. She's afraid of going underneath tables to get a toy, she's also afraid of brooms....not because anyone's been threatening to her but because at least once, a broom, which has been leaning against a wall has fallen on the wood floor and made a loud noise when she was near . I am upstairs, on the computer, and I hear her whining and whining. My first thought was "**** frisbee" thinkng she was staring at the fridge and whining because sometimes DS will put the frisbee on top of it. So I go downstairs to see what the whining is all about. She is standing at the entrance of the laundry room, one of her toys is in there, on the floor RIGHT NEXT TO....THE BROOM!! Oh no! She will stare at it and whine about it but she won't go near the broom to get it. What a baby that dog is.....Of course, I went and got it for her, thus reinforcing the behavior....
OMG Our dogs do that too. We had this glass bowl that one was really afraid of and would bark and bark at it!

Old 03-15-2011, 03:59 PM

Can a cat be Obsessive-Compulsive-Hyper?

Because I'm pretty sure mine is.

Old 03-15-2011, 04:11 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
That's really funny! The only way I'd get a reaction like that from my dogs if a toy fell down the basement stairs. Neither of them will go down there.

The lab always stands at the doorway with his head peaking around the corner and down the stairs----worrying about us whenever one of us is down there. When we come back up, he acts like we survived almost certain death!

If we try to encourage him to come down, he starts wagging his whole body and backing up. We've always wondered how we would get him downstairs during a tornado. He's too big to carry, but I guess we'd find a way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl
OMG Our dogs do that too. We had this glass bowl that one was really afraid of and would bark and bark at it!
My lab barks at snowmen. He thinks they look like scary people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Can a cat be Obsessive-Compulsive-Hyper?

Because I'm pretty sure mine is.
What does she do?

Old 03-15-2011, 04:18 PM

It's a he. "Neo". He has the attention span of a newt. He will be all cuddled up on your lap, purring away, when BAM! He jumps up and runs out of the room. He's totally incapable of passing the scratching post without stopping to use it. If he gets a cat nip toy he goes nuts with it for 30 seconds then will stop and run to look out the window.

He also is the only cat I've ever had who doesn't meow and doesn't groom himself. Ever.

Love him to bits, but he's a bit of a nutter.

Oh, he will come when you call his name. What kind of self-respecting cat comes when you call him? DH is convinced he was raised with dogs. (He's a rescue. Some bozo left him in a box at the vet's front door when he was a few months old.)

Old 03-15-2011, 04:21 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
LOL - Dew that is too funny!

When we were first married we had a cat then we got a puppy. I swear that dog thought he was a cat. He batted at stuff with his paws, he tried to sleep laying across the top of the sofa back...(he was not a small dog)....

Old 03-15-2011, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
It's a he. "Neo". He has the attention span of a newt. He will be all cuddled up on your lap, purring away, when BAM! He jumps up and runs out of the room. He's totally incapable of passing the scratching post without stopping to use it. If he gets a cat nip toy he goes nuts with it for 30 seconds then will stop and run to look out the window.

He also is the only cat I've ever had who doesn't meow and doesn't groom himself. Ever.

Love him to bits, but he's a bit of a nutter.

Oh, he will come when you call his name. What kind of self-respecting cat comes when you call him? DH is convinced he was raised with dogs. (He's a rescue. Some bozo left him in a box at the vet's front door when he was a few months old.)
I'll bet he was raised with dogs too. My childhood persian cat acted like a dog. She was a runt when we got her. My peekapoo treated her like her babie. She imprinted. They even came to a group call. You could call the cat, the dog, or both. It was rather impressive.

One of our other cats, a beautiful long haired black and white cat, lived in our basement rafters. He rarely came upstairs. He'd walk across the room, encounter a telephone cord laying on the floor or anything out of place, he'd jump 6 feet in the air and run back down to the basement rafters. People didn't even believe we had a cat. We saw him that rarely.

Old 03-15-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
LOL - Dew that is too funny!

When we were first married we had a cat then we got a puppy. I swear that dog thought he was a cat. He batted at stuff with his paws, he tried to sleep laying across the top of the sofa back...(he was not a small dog)....
That's too cute! I love when animals imprint with other species. It's always so adorable!

Old 03-15-2011, 04:34 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,955,920 times
Cats are just so great - seems they all have some sort of quirk. Our kittens seem to have us in stitches every day. Some of the stuff they pull....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting