Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2011, 05:29 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
It was! He really seems to like the people, the atmosphere, etc. He came home for lunch, which was really, really nice.

The huge bowl of candy in the break room could prove to be a problem...

After two weeks of hanging around here waiting to start, I think it was a big relief for finally get going. I'm really happy for him. If the last two years of ups and downs is what it took for him to find a place he can be happy at and not stressed from a horrible commute, then I guess it was worth it.
This I understand completely. Been there. Much easier to see it from this side though! I'm glad he enjoyed it. A bowl of candy in the break room would be a problem for me too! Not having a huge commute really really helps. I work about 10 minutes from my house. It's so nice. I can come home for lunch from time to time or sometimes work from home. Same with DH - well the work from home part - he is about a 20 minute drive so he doesn't come home for lunch but he does work from home quite often if the weather is bad or he has a big project that is easier to do here than in the office....So many options for working than there were back when I was starting. It's really nice.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:33 PM

So...I am really really not in the mood to make dinner tonight. Trying to think of something to make (or, even better, somewhere to go!) that would satisfy everyone and still be food I feel I *can* eat....

Old 02-16-2011, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I was wondering that myself.

This is a huge 3-part bay window but normally there's not a whole lot to look at. UPS truck. FedEx truck. DH has hung birdfeeders so I can watch the birds. Today was mucho bueno.
I love watching birds. I have a bird feeder outside in the backyard. I can see it from the kitchen window or my bedroom window. I was just watching a small starling (or some other black bird) standing on the top of the shepard's crook that has the birdfeeder hanging from it, to try to reach the suet thingy I have hanging....Then of course there is the resident squirrel who jumps on top of the bird feeder and empties out the seen onto the ground so he can eat it....

Old 02-16-2011, 07:34 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,916,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I love watching birds. I have a bird feeder outside in the backyard. I can see it from the kitchen window or my bedroom window. I was just watching a small starling (or some other black bird) standing on the top of the shepard's crook that has the birdfeeder hanging from it, to try to reach the suet thingy I have hanging....Then of course there is the resident squirrel who jumps on top of the bird feeder and empties out the seen onto the ground so he can eat it....
Me too! We have 2 and I'm fascinated by all of the birds that come by on a daily basis

Old 02-16-2011, 07:54 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
It was! He really seems to like the people, the atmosphere, etc. He came home for lunch, which was really, really nice.

The huge bowl of candy in the break room could prove to be a problem...

After two weeks of hanging around here waiting to start, I think it was a big relief for finally get going. I'm really happy for him. If the last two years of ups and downs is what it took for him to find a place he can be happy at and not stressed from a horrible commute, then I guess it was worth it.
Glad to hear your husband likes his new job so far! I think it's cool he can come home for lunch! That's great!

Old 02-16-2011, 08:11 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I would understand it happening once, but 4 times in one week?
I know! I guess he's not himself because he's recovering from surgery.

I posted that rant to get it out of my system. I didn't want to feak out on him.

I talked with him briefly before leaving for class. I'm confident that he will be more attentive from now on.

Quote:
No eye candy in our neighborhood.
Our neighborhood eye candy moved a few years ago. The neighborhood hasn't been the same since.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:45 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
No eye candy here. The most interesting thing I saw today was a tractor trying to break ice out of the gutter. I hope you found the dog!

Old 02-16-2011, 09:13 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,864 times
Quote:
So...I am really really not in the mood to make dinner tonight. Trying to think of something to make (or, even better, somewhere to go!) that would satisfy everyone and still be food I feel I *can* eat....
What did you end up doing for dinner? We had sesame chicken here. Sometimes it's just hard coming up with new ideas for dinner. Seems like such a chore.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:20 PM

Quesadillas...I just heated up some tortillas (I like buying the uncooked, thin ones) chopped and sauteed some veggies (mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, spinach), sprinkled a little cheese on....not super healthy but not horrible either. I really have to actually cook tomorrow.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:23 PM

Man...I just came back upstairs from watching Top Chef downstairs.....and the wind sounds horrible! I didn't notice it downstairs....

I don't mind cooking - I really hate thinking about what to cook. Especially on a work/school night. Everyone is home/hungry at different times. After working all day, dinner is the last thing on my mind. I don't mind it on weekends when I can think about it and go to the store and look up new recipies etc...just not during the week. Blech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting