Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2011, 12:04 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
My sons went through the "how Mom looks embarasses me" phase. One trip to a mall my sister and I stopped at one of those stands that have fake hair pieces. I tried on one piece that had a platinum blonde ponytail thing that embarassed them half to death. So, of course, I bought it. Whenever they got snarky I threatened to wear it to their ballgames.

I had actually wanted all sons, so I got lucky. But now I look back on it and wish I'd had a daughter. Hopefully one that was all girly and liked shopping for clothes.
I would expect no less...

And I have a girly girl who likes to shop....I'm not much of a shopper except with her...we do have fun though! I just have to be sure to tweeze before we go!

Old 03-11-2011, 12:07 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
Now, football I can't stand. People find me weird because I find football to be extremely boring. Then, they find it even stranger because I love hockey.
That is strange. Especially where you live. I didn't see a hockey game until the Ducks came to Anaheim.

BTW: Since, you're a Dodgers fan, Did you know that Tommy LaSorda lives in Fullerton? He's not far from my parent's old house. I used to see him around town a lot. He's a character. He's right off the 91 and Euclid. Which is one strange neighborhood for a man in his position. Apparently they moved there years ago and his wife liked the house, so they just stayed there.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:12 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,087,395 times
Quote:
That is strange. Especially where you live. I didn't see a hockey game until the Ducks came to Anaheim.

BTW: Since, you're a Dodgers fan, Did you know that Tommy LaSorda lives in Fullerton? He's not far from my parent's old house. I used to see him around town a lot. He's a character. He's right off the 91 and Euclid. Which is one strange neighborhood for a man in his position. Apparently they moved there years ago and his wife liked the house, so they just stayed there.
That is a strange neighborhood for him. Tommy is awesome.

My sisters and I grew up watching roller hockey. The Bullfrogs played it at The Pond, and they were great. We later branched out to watching The Ice Dogs in Long Beach. Man, do I miss those two teams. The games were so much fun. My city in Orange County was never really a football city when I was a kid. It was and still is a baseball city.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:22 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
Now, football I can't stand. People find me weird because I find football to be extremely boring. Then, they find it even stranger because I love hockey.
I hate footbal but love hockey too!

Quote:
That is strange. Especially where you live.
Just imagine what it's like to hate football and live in Pittsburgh. I live a nightmare!

Old 03-11-2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I hate footbal but love hockey too!

Just imagine what it's like to hate football and live in Pittsburgh. I live a nightmare!
You are aware that a LOT of good-looking men play football? I mean, jeepers, you've got Troy Polamalu in your town!!

Old 03-11-2011, 12:54 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
I like football, baseball and hockey. I will watch golf or college basketball on TV from time to time (if DH is watching - I don't generally make an effort to watch either one) but really dislike pro basketball. Have zero interest in soccer.

Denver is a pretty big sports town -despite our teams' performance recently....It is fun. I enjoy it overall....there's always something to talk about!

Old 03-11-2011, 01:02 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
You are aware that a LOT of good-looking men play football? I mean, jeepers, you've got Troy Polamalu in your town!!
Since I live in Pittsburgh, I can look at Troy without watching football.

Old 03-11-2011, 01:21 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
My daughter despairs at my lack of feminine wiles! I ended up with the girliest girl, and I most definitely am not. I don't own a dress, and often my daughter just sighs and says "at least you wore a dress for your wedding". My neighbor is an aesthetician who only has a son, so she and my daughter get together and my neighbor gets her girl-fix, and my daughter gets her beauty fix.

Old 03-11-2011, 01:23 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,788,282 times
I'm thinking hotdog with bacon and cheese for supper tonight. I'm in that "need salt, unidentified meat products, and trace carcinogenics NOW" kind of mood.

Old 03-11-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
I'm thinking hotdog with bacon and cheese for supper tonight. I'm in that "need salt, unidentified meat products, and trace carcinogenics NOW" kind of mood.
I had a hotdog at the ballgame last night. They had a special stand with about 10 different kinds of dogs. Including buffalo. It was awesome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting