U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-09-2011, 06:32 PM
 
4,267 posts, read 5,144,832 times
Reputation: 3579

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
You are really hooked on this topic going way back and I'm sure you have some sort of agenda. If we "Men" had the heads of our penises cut off it would be analogous to the most popular form female circumcision practised in some 3rd world countries. As you know Female circumcision is a practice to to deter woman from having and enjoying sex before marriage.

Having the foreskin trimmed back is medically proven to be helpfull in multiple studies aready pointed out in previous posts. If it even helps prevent infection in 5% of all boys/men it is easy enough to justify.
Because I disagree with circumcision I must have some sort of agenda???

Condoms have been shown to significantly reduce the spread of HIV and HPV. Circumcision? Not so much.

You are aware that male circumcision is said to reduce sensation. right?

BTW, circumcision rates in this country have dropped dramatically in recent years. What kind of agenda do you think all of those parents have? Is it a conspiracy of some sort?

 
Old 09-09-2011, 06:33 PM
 
11,230 posts, read 9,239,684 times
Reputation: 14654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
I have NEVER been told to clean under My hood OR my daughters hood's. And yes, infection come from POOP. Not the bacteria in the hood.
Perhaps we are clean people and never had issue with it.

UTI's are caused from poop and wiping improperly, or going anal and then back to vaginal sex (cover your ears children). Nothing whatsoever to do with the hood. Unlike males who CAN get infections that spread to the urinary tract.
UTIs can be caused by many things, from inadequate water consumption tp a bunch of sex. They are preventable and curable. Big deal. I think that is a dumb thing on which to base surgery.

Last edited by JustJulia; 09-10-2011 at 06:56 AM..
 
Old 09-09-2011, 06:40 PM
 
Location: THE USA
3,254 posts, read 5,261,654 times
Reputation: 1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
UTIs are not the only type of infection to worry about. Please tell me you know that.

And, um, ewww....
Moderator cut: snip

Bladder, Ureters, Urethra, and Kidney infections are the main ones traveling through the Urinary Tract System. You can have a fistula within another system (digestive) that can prove results to look a lot like a UTI but actually are from another source. Another cause is being short. Having a shorter Urethra can lead to easier instances of infections. Glad to be tall.

Last edited by JustJulia; 09-10-2011 at 06:43 AM.. Reason: Please try to keep this discussion civil
 
Old 09-09-2011, 06:51 PM
 
Location: THE USA
3,254 posts, read 5,261,654 times
Reputation: 1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
UTIs can be caused by many things, from inadequate water consumption tp a bunch of sex. They are preventable and curable. Big deal. I think that is a dumb thing on which to base surgery.
To each their own. I think it's a dumb thing to be crying about your mommy's choice 30 yrs later.
 
Old 09-09-2011, 06:57 PM
 
Location: USA
18,570 posts, read 13,699,944 times
Reputation: 12147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
Because I disagree with circumcision I must have some sort of agenda???

Condoms have been shown to significantly reduce the spread of HIV and HPV. Circumcision? Not so much.

You are aware that male circumcision is said to reduce sensation. right?

BTW, circumcision rates in this country have dropped dramatically in recent years. What kind of agenda do you think all of those parents have? Is it a conspiracy of some sort?
Why don't you concentrate on your own body parts and keep your thought process off of our male genitals. The majority of us trimmed men like our parts fine! I'm fine with guys that don't have it trimmed, but I'm happy with my trimmed wiener and don't intend on telling other men what to do with theirs!
 
Old 09-09-2011, 06:57 PM
 
Location: The Magnolia City
8,931 posts, read 11,332,177 times
Reputation: 4853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
Bladder, Ureters, Urethra, and Kidney infections are the main ones traveling through the Urinary Tract System. You can have a fistula within another system (digestive) that can prove results to look a lot like a UTI but actually are from another source. Another cause is being short. Having a shorter Urethra can lead to easier instances of infections. Glad to be tall.
There are plenty of nasty things that both men and women have dealt with due to improper hygiene. You've obviously been able to avoid these issues because you were taught how to clean yourself, so why can't people just do the same with their sons, instead of trying to correct nature?

You act as if infection is a guaranteed with men who are intact, when the fact is these things can be avoided.

Last edited by JustJulia; 09-10-2011 at 06:58 AM.. Reason: Removed reference to deleted comment.
 
Old 09-09-2011, 07:01 PM
 
Location: USA
18,570 posts, read 13,699,944 times
Reputation: 12147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
for the thousandth time, all types of female circumcision does not inlolve removing the clitoris. Do some research first.



So justified that not even the AAP actually recommend the procedure? Interesting. Seems to be that if they remain neutral on the issue, that any perceived health benefits aren't exactly crucial or even likely enough that circumcision should be encouraged.
You talk out of both sides of your mouth arguing for points that would apear to be for FGM and against Male circumcision. You can trim off what ever portion of your hooha you want but leave by trimmed penis alone
 
Old 09-09-2011, 10:13 PM
 
Location: On the Ohio River in Western, KY
3,388 posts, read 5,547,416 times
Reputation: 3332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
That's not correct. There's one procedure of Type I female circumcision that involves only removing the clitoral hood and possibly part of the labia minora. This is pretty much the same as male circumcision, so it's completely hypocritical to be okay with one and not the other.
And if you would have read what I said, I said GENERALLY. No absolute there.
 
Old 09-09-2011, 10:18 PM
 
Location: On the Ohio River in Western, KY
3,388 posts, read 5,547,416 times
Reputation: 3332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
True, but hearing the opinions of people in this thread and elsewhere, a lot of folks truly believe that circumcision is a better option, and that "health concerns" make it justifiable.

I keep hearing people say "we had our son(s) circumcised because we felt it was the best choice for our family". What does that even mean?

Btw, not trying to be inflammatory here. Just asking a legitimate question.
If we would have had a son he would have been cir'c and it would have been best for our family, since we are Jewish.
 
Old 09-10-2011, 07:18 AM
 
Location: The Hall of Justice
25,907 posts, read 35,007,171 times
Reputation: 42372
Obviously, this is a hot topic with many strong opinions. Unfortunately, it has regressed into name-calling, nation-bashing and personal attacks, as well as religious debate. At this point, I am deleting more posts than I am leaving in, which tells me that the conversation is only going to become more heated. I would bump this discussion over to Great Debates, but a quick search shows that similar threads usually wind up closed for the same reason this one is closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top