Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2011, 04:23 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
What I wouldn't give to have him climb out from under my sink.....
A Famous Person story from Dew on a Friday afternoon. Dang, I wish I knew how to post photos.

Out there on the internet, somewhere, is a picture of Johnny Depp at a premier wearing a black Western-style shirt with silver piping and embroidery. Real Country Singer stuff.

It belonged to my dad.

(Who wore it without all the jewelry, lol.)

Old 08-12-2011, 05:13 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,955,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
A Famous Person story from Dew on a Friday afternoon. Dang, I wish I knew how to post photos.

Out there on the internet, somewhere, is a picture of Johnny Depp at a premier wearing a black Western-style shirt with silver piping and embroidery. Real Country Singer stuff.

It belonged to my dad.

(Who wore it without all the jewelry, lol.)
Well Dew - you can't stop there! How did he get it? You must tell!

I love your famous person stories.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:16 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,955,920 times
btw you guys - and update.

New bookkeeper said she didn't think I was being harsh - totally understood and was going to cut my check one way or another on Tuesday. So we'll see!

You guys gave me the push I needed to assert myself. Thank you! I otherwise would have sat and stewed.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:46 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,958,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Do you think or have you ever seen (or suspected) someone volunteer for something that they never had any intention of following through with?
Oh yeah. Our neighborhood "social committee" head suffers from agoraphobia. She never leaves her house, yet is in charge of planning the 4 neighborhood parties we hold each year. One year she even hosted it, but never came out to join the festivities. But, she volunteered, and nobody else did.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:48 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,958,820 times
Dew, could we have a little background on your father's wardrobe? I would be very happy to let Johnny Depp wear anything of my father's he wanted to (but he wouldn't want to).

Good news Coop.

Old 08-12-2011, 06:49 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Good news, Coop. You have to stand up for yourself.

Actually, (laughing) I've never been real sure just how that happened. It went from my dad's closet to my son. Who wore it to a party. Two weeks later I opened People magazine and there is Johnny Depp wearing my dad's jacket. I called my son and said, "Is Johnny Depp wearing your grandfather's jacket?" And he said, Oh, yeah, he'd been meaning to talk to me about that. I think he was afraid I'd be mad he'd given his grandpa's jacket away. It must have been a heck of a party because I never got the details.

I wasn't mad, in fact I think Johnny rocked the look. (He added strings of necklaces.) My dad would have totally approved. He was a pretty sharp dresser. (He was known for his argyle socks, lol.) I think my mother bought that jacket for him as a present. When he died we had friends asking for his old Don Loper shirts and his old vintage Hawaiian shirts. He was a great looking guy (bragging just a little here) and liked to look good.

Old 08-12-2011, 07:17 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Oh yeah. Our neighborhood "social committee" head suffers from agoraphobia. She never leaves her house, yet is in charge of planning the 4 neighborhood parties we hold each year. One year she even hosted it, but never came out to join the festivities. But, she volunteered, and nobody else did.
that is very odd. my issue is a mom who volunteered to coach soccer when one was needed, then backed out to have surgery. She knew she was having surgery but supposedly didn't know how extensive it would be. I think she volunteered in order to "save the day" even though she knew she wouldn't be able to do it.

Old 08-12-2011, 07:32 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Dew - a jacket you say? Could it have been this one:

http://nothingbutbettinascarlett.blo...ens-above.html

Hey all....jk - good for you!

Mattie - as long as the wine cellar is open, I'm in....when shall we arrive?

DS is feeling so much better. He is now griping about missing school and having to sit home over the weekend. He would have much rather felt sick over the weekend and gone to school.

Old 08-12-2011, 08:05 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
By the way - the perfect appletini recipe -

1 part vodka
1 part sour apple pucker schnapps
1 part apple juice

The apple juice makes it healthy.
Organic apple juice would be even healthier right?

Old 08-12-2011, 08:14 PM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Organic apple juice would be even healthier right?
Get some vodka made from organic potatoes and you'd be unhealthy if you didn't drink it.

I feel like I've been nipping in and leaving one post and neglecting everyone.

Just wanted to say something I've been meaning to say since I got sucked into watching "dance moms" last weekend - I really do appreciate you guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting