Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2011, 11:39 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,172,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Macie-colored! Love it!

Do you buy your clothes to match Macie?

I stopped wearing black years ago. Black doesn't go well with a yellow lab.
It does, however, go smashingly with a black cat.

The worst was when we had the current cat plus a ginger tom. Cat hair for every occasion!

Old 07-28-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
LOL - That might work. I will say another thing I buy at Costco is the multi-packs of lint-rollers....I keep several around the house, one in the car and one at work. It's a never ending battle - especially with her allergies lately - it's been horrible. Hopefully that will settle down to a "reasonable" amount of blonde dust bunnies around here....
Masking tape works really well in a pinch.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:43 AM

13,292 posts, read 9,821,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
Hello all! I hope you are all well. Just popping in and reading through threads! I have been very ill and my pregnancy has gone beyond high risk

FR completely agree with you and Magritte on the restaurant thread! Funny enough Mr.X father wants Mr.X to take over the family restaurant in the UK and we have been helping him manage from afar. Weeeellll just this week it all kicked off with a customer, a child and lead to Mr.X writing a public apology.

JK Coop hope all works out with preschool!

EWAG hope all is well with baby ewag.

Dew, Hopes, Zimbo, RKB and whoever else I miss I hope you all are having a wonderful day.

Mrs.X
Oh no! SweetheartX! I'm so sorry to hear that. Please take care of yourself.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:47 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,739,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Hi Mrs.X - glad to see you here, sorry you have been through the pregnancy wars . I hope you are doing better now?
Thank you Zimbo! I wish I was doing better. I am suppose to be on bed rest but it is hard especially running after a 2 year old.

I recently had a subchronic bleed which has trickled to spotting and I found out I am carrying Antibody Big E. In first pregnancies the baby most likely have a jaundice but because I am 7 pregnancies in my doctor believes that I have more of a chance of giving birth to a stillborn or a premmie needing a blood transfusion. We have a battery of test coming up and we are hoping Mr.X blood work comes back that he is not a carrier which lowers our chances significantly. He said toddler x is a miracle and he was surprised I gave birth to a healthy baby.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:48 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,013,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
Masking tape works really well in a pinch.
I use that. The big, wide rolls. Luckily we have only one cat that's a problem and he "belongs" to DH. He doesn't have much to do with me unless I have a nice plate of salmon in my hands for him. DH grooms him at least once a day. Cuts out the mats. DH also handles all things cat litter oriented. Hauls the big boxes of it home. Cleans the litter boxes. It's soooo nice.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
We liked it very much, thanks for asking.

We were planning on attending in the fall. However, I get an email yesterday afternoon saying that somebody on the waiting list that they thought was not interested has just responded and that they will have to see if they want the spot before they can enroll anyone else. I asked her what that meant, as she said MissFR will then go on the waiting list and won't be able to enroll in September if they take it. I'm a tad PO'd at this development. They have our deposit check, and we'd already confirmed an orientation date.

MissFR already thinks she's going to that particular preschool. They didn't give any indication whatsoever that her attendance was subject to change. I'm not sure what to do about it now. The chances of us finding another one at this date that is in our price range and near our house are very slim.

Bummer! I would be a little wary that they might pull some other kind of crap if she does go there. Probably not enough to not take a spot if little miss FR has bonded, but wary.
Hope that, however it works out, she gets a spot she loves, and you do too.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Regarding the funny comments I got for the lolcat pic, I make them here:

Make your own LOL - Cheezburger.com

You can use one of the photos there or upload your own.

This is our new kitten, Dexter.
LOL! Love it! And Dexter is a great name. Is he a hunter, by any chance?

Old 07-28-2011, 11:50 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,013,720 times
Oh, Mrs. X! Prayers DOUBLED!!

Old 07-28-2011, 11:53 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,739,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
LOL! Love it! And Dexter is a great name. Is he a hunter, by any chance?
Julia needs to check under the kitty bed for blood samples of mice hidden in box.

Dexter is a great name!

Old 07-28-2011, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
Thank you Zimbo! I wish I was doing better. I am suppose to be on bed rest but it is hard especially running after a 2 year old.

I recently had a subchronic bleed which has trickled to spotting and I found out I am carrying Antibody Big E. In first pregnancies the baby most likely have a jaundice but because I am 7 pregnancies in my doctor believes that I have more of a chance of giving birth to a stillborn or a premmie needing a blood transfusion. We have a battery of test coming up and we are hoping Mr.X blood work comes back that he is not a carrier which lowers our chances significantly. He said toddler x is a miracle and he was surprised I gave birth to a healthy baby.
::thinking good thoughts for Baby X::
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting