Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2011, 07:34 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,854,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
This might just be an urban myth, but I remember reading before MissFR was born that if you had cats and dogs in the house when the kid is a baby they are less likely to be allergic than if you don't. Did anybody else hear that?
I have heard the same thing. DH used to be allergic (low grade allergy) to cats, but after slowly being around them his allergies seem to have disappeared.

The girl I mentioned in my story did end up having a bunch of small allergies. She discovered them at about 5 YO. Nothing life threatening. More along the lines of stuffy nose, rash, etc. Her mom came complaining to me about her Dr and looking for a new one because he told her that the allergies probably developed from being under-exposed to them. That was funny because I warned her about that when her DD was 2, but she told me I was crazy.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:35 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,854,950 times
mm- Glad it went well. Sorry she had to stay overnight.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:00 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,581,256 times
Good Morning CDMWR!

TGIF - how is everyone?
MM - I hope DD is feeling better this morning?

Coop - chin up.

Fin - I had heard that too about having pets, depending on severity as you said. I had read a study that referred to stimulating the immune system, I'll see if I can find it. DS can be fine with pets, and then out of the blue can have a near anaphylaxis with certain cats. It's weird and scary.

A local 15 year-old boy died yesterday from peanut allergy, he ate a cookie that his mom had bought. He had a known peanut allergy, and although they were at home, they had no epipen handy. A very sad story .

Okay, enough of that, it's Friday, bring your favorite feel-good music.

The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup - YouTube

Dionne Warwick I Say A Little Prayer 1967 Original Million Seller - YouTube

Old 08-19-2011, 08:34 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,980,426 times
I have an interview with walmart today.
What do I wear to an interview at walmart?

Usually I go based off how nice the employees dress but everyone I see looks so sloppy and just seem to wear whatever resembles navy and khaki.

I have a pair of grey pants from american eagle, they look like khaki's but are a dark stone grey.
I don't know what kind of top to pair it with.
And I have black underarmor running shoes, flip flops and uggs still. No new shoe additions.

Any ideas on what in the world I could possibly wear? Use the pants as a starting block because my dress pants and tennis shoes look ridiculous.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Any ideas on what in the world I could possibly wear? Use the pants as a starting block because my dress pants and tennis shoes look ridiculous.
Go back and look at the responses we gave you to the exact same question when you asked it 3 months ago, and 3 months before that, and then 3 months before that, ad infinitim.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:39 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,963,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
A local 15 year-old boy died yesterday from peanut allergy, he ate a cookie that his mom had bought. He had a known peanut allergy, and although they were at home, they had no epipen handy. A very sad story .
That's scarey! I can't even imagine how that mother feels. So, so sad.

Anyone have exciting plans for the weekend? I think we are going to try and get more pictures of DS tomorrow. We have the head shot needed for yearbook, but want to get some others out and about.

Then we are going to ride our bikes to a little festival the next town over. Not sure what it's about - our friends in the neighborhood asked if we wanted to go and we said sure. We're easy!

Old 08-19-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Go back and look at the responses we gave you to the exact same question when you asked it 3 months ago, and 3 months before that, and then 3 months before that, ad infinitim.
lol!

Yes, txt - I think we are all done in the advice department. You should be old enough to figure it out for yourself.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
We're easy!

Old 08-19-2011, 08:48 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,980,426 times
Quote:
lol!

Yes, txt - I think we are all done in the advice department. You should be old enough to figure it out for yourself.
I don't have time.
It's 8:46 and my interview is at 11.

It's just walmart....are jeans fine for an interview? Jeans, tennis shoes and a vneck tshirt or a button up tshirt.

Or should I go the route of the grey pants and vneck or button up and my tennis shoes?

Seriously pressed for time here and i have no idea what to wear to a walmart interview because in my mind its walmart who gives a damn but then again I really need a job and with walmart I dont know whats too dressed up or whats too dressed down....

Old 08-19-2011, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I don't have time.
It's 8:46 and my interview is at 11.

It's just walmart....are jeans fine for an interview? Jeans, tennis shoes and a vneck tshirt or a button up tshirt.

Or should I go the route of the grey pants and vneck or button up and my tennis shoes?

Seriously pressed for time here and i have no idea what to wear to a walmart interview because in my mind its walmart who gives a damn but then again I really need a job and with walmart I dont know whats too dressed up or whats too dressed down....
txt - your joking, right?

Or do you really not READ?:

Quote:
lol!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.