Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2012, 10:33 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,086 times

Advertisements

Communication, it's important.
I got off work at 830, I call mb and he's going for a walk, tells me to change and catch up, miscommunication on which way he's walking and his phone dies and I end up walking back towards the house cause we were supposed to meet up along the way.
Well he's already home and calls me and I tell him I'm going to walk just a little bit more, he says hell be outside clearing off the driveway.

I get too cold and start heading back home, I get there and the garage is shut, all the doors are locked and his deaf ass has hopped in the shower, turned on the radio and the bathroom heater unaware my house keys are sitting in my purse, (I left the garage open for a reason).

So not only have I been out one the cold during my walk but then locked out for an additional 30 minutes.
I tried breaking in, no windows were unlocked, I tried banging on the window well right outside our bathroom, I try calling but he can't hear a bit of it.

Let's just say I need a microwave big enough to defrost me.

And yes I'm inside now.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:37 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,286,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Communication, it's important.
I got off work at 830, I call mb and he's going for a walk, tells me to change and catch up, miscommunication on which way he's walking and his phone dies and I end up walking back towards the house cause we were supposed to meet up along the way.
Well he's already home and calls me and I tell him I'm going to walk just a little bit more, he says hell be outside clearing off the driveway.

I get too cold and start heading back home, I get there and the garage is shut, all the doors are locked and his deaf ass has hopped in the shower, turned on the radio and the bathroom heater unaware my house keys are sitting in my purse, (I left the garage open for a reason).

So not only have I been out one the cold during my walk but then locked out for an additional 30 minutes.
I tried breaking in, no windows were unlocked, I tried banging on the window well right outside our bathroom, I try calling but he can't hear a bit of it.

Let's just say I need a microwave big enough to defrost me.

And yes I'm inside now.

This is why you always take your purse with you love :X.

Old 12-09-2012, 07:52 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
This is why you always take your purse with you love :X.
On a walk???
Maybe just my keys.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:04 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,286,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
On a walk???
Maybe just my keys.
Yep always be prepared. Also an open garage is one of the number one entry points for home invasions, so not really the best thing to be leaving open.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:31 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,373,081 times
And the drama continues...now DD has deliberately blown off her parents. She does not call home. She is enthralled with her new man.

Oh, a new angle to the drama....her car is not in her name, if she drops out of college, she will no longer have a car.

Are we so terrible? She has a car, apartment, spending money. All she has to do is go to college for four years. And she wants to drop out. Okay.

Granted, not everyone goes to college, one of her brother's is in the Army. He did not go to college.

Well...she can make her own "adult" choices. And support herself. A lot different from "supporting" yourself when your parents pay your rent, bills, car, and buy you whatever gadgets you need/want. Maybe she is spoiled. Maybe we have created a child who does not appreciate what she has.....okay. reality will hit hard.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:47 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,727,362 times
Stay strong Jasper! You are a great parent!

Old 12-11-2012, 09:32 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times
IMO you are doing the right thing Jasper. And also IMO he's a douche for encouraging her to walk away from college.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:37 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,956,884 times
I agree you are doing the right thing. You are right, college isn't for everyone. But if she has no plan B then she's just wanting a free ride. Reality has to hit somehow. You are NOT a mean parent.

I agree with mel - stay strong!

Old 12-11-2012, 10:28 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post

Are we so terrible? She has a car, apartment, spending money. All she has to do is go to college for four years. And she wants to drop out. Okay.
No. You are not terrible. In fact, you were more than generous in wanting to make sure she could concentrate on her studies. College isn't for everyone. But dropping out and going off to do nothing more than just hang out? She needs to learn the lesson in what happens when she does that too. Which is Momma is no fool and isn't going to pay her to bum around.

Hang in there, Jasper.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:25 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,905,045 times
Hang in there, jasper. I think you are doing the right thing, too. Reality can be a big wake up call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting