Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 08:42 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,633,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post
That's awful.

My first I had an epidural that only took on one side of my body. .
A good friend of mine also had an epidural that only worked on half her body. After insurance paid, there was still a balance. She sent them HALF, explaining what had happened. It didn't work, and had to pay the other half, but she felt better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2007, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura707 View Post
Being a oldie... I had all of mine as nature intended but with drugs. Recently I want to a new OB-GYN and the nurse said "What? You had them all NATURALLY? NO C-section?".. I smiled and sweetly told her "Honey, in my day, that is how it was done!"

Each case is different and no one should be making any comments on someone having a c-section or naturally, actually it is nobody's business but the Mom to be!
So you had an OB/GYN nurse refer to epidural births as natural?? That's a new one for me. Do you think it's one of those regional things where the same term means something different? Just trying to think of a reason a medical professional would call it that.... My first was completely free of any intervention. The second ended up with an epidural. Believe me, there was nothing natural about it, LOL! Vaginal, yes. Natural, no.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:00 AM

3,099 posts, read 2,646,498 times
hey guys, i never started this thread to insult anyone's choice or need for a c-section. i just find it peculiar that some people think that "natural" means "vaginal". it perplexes me how this came to be. that is all i was saying. i still would like to know how this came to be and why it is so common. does anyone know why alot of people say "natural" when they really mean "vaginal"? maybe it is as simple as because some people are uncomfortable saying the word "vaginal" like it's a sexual term or something. you know, like when some people wont say the word penis and will say other words for it instead? or are there other reasons?

Old 11-20-2007, 09:11 AM

just for clarification (since i obviously dont get my intended point across much of the time): natural (in medical terms) means to give birth w/out drugs. Vaginal (in medical terms) means to give birth through the vagina and nothing more (it could be with drugs or w/out drugs)
c-sect means to give birth with a scalpel to the uterus (always done with drugs THANK GOD!)

FUNNY, now I feel confused!

Old 11-20-2007, 09:31 AM

I think most people are clear on that, thus my surprise at the previous poster's nurse mixing it up.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:34 AM

okay great! that's all i wanted to do in the first place.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:31 AM

604 posts, read 4,622,169 times
NATURAL birth is no make up or jewelry! LOL

someone told me once "they ain't going put on your tombstone - she had a natural birth" meaning it doesn't really make a difference in the end. But if makes you proud to endure that much pain - good for you!

Old 11-20-2007, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamcim72 View Post
. But if makes you proud to endure that much pain - good for you!
What a condescending, obnoxious thing to say!

Old 11-20-2007, 12:38 PM

Quote:

someone told me once "they ain't going put on your tombstone - she had a natural birth" meaning it doesn't really make a difference in the end. But if makes you proud to endure that much pain - good for you!
im sorry but again, this post wasnt about natural birth vs medicated. whatever anyone wants to do is fine im sure with most people. i dont think anyone on this forum that has had a natural birth has suggested that they are better than those who choose meds. if i may add though, there are questions about safety and epidurals so maybe that is why SOME people choose to go natural. there are many reasons why someone would choose natural and many reasons why someone would choose medicated and i dont think it is any type of competition thing.

Old 11-20-2007, 12:48 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,733,641 times
Quote:

Believe it or not, some people don't do things for the sole recognition or fame.

Perhaps...just maybe...some people are doing it for their baby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting