Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 08:27 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,886,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
You also assume I haven't been to those as well. ...but, this is good. This helps me, everybody told me to get a Father's Rights lawyer and, that's what I'm going to do because I may run across someone like yourself who makes such assumptions, that might have influenece, so I will NEED a lawyer. Your professional history seems to indicate you have been every kind of mom except a birth mom, you are loyal to the CPS systems because that's likely who pays you, but I could be wrong... see I'm willing to use those 4 words, you are not...
Honestly, a father's rights lawyer isn't going to help much with your profound dislike for your step-son. Do you have any compassion? Do you see that he must be someone in pain to have these issues? And saying no one likes him? What kind of father are you!?

I was totally on your side at first but I will never trust someone who talks in such a vial and hateful way of a child without any hint of compassion.

P.S. He doesn't need to be punished, he needs to be loved, cherished and listened to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2017, 08:38 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Well, I'm lucky I usually get to see him the entirety of most weekends. There's some families that have no drama that don't get to see eachother that much (professional, military, etc...) Also, the school knows I am more proactive with his school work but, I can't count on them. I live relative near him and, his school and the school has a civil rapport with me.

EDIT: but since I haven't go through custody hearings, nothing is on paper so, she could just decide to lose her **** and say no for weeks or months...

I didn't do any 3rd party stuff for my son yet... I just wish judges would take his word. I didn't have to coach or teach him, he figured it out on his own, "Daddy hugs me, kiss me, play with me, teach me math and, reading, and writing and, he is the smartest, cutest Daddy." I ask about his mom, "She doesn't do anything!"
Be very careful of this, Rage. Your son is smart, kids his age realize what Daddy wants to hear. That Mommy is useless.

Kids all do this when there is rancor in a divorce. They badmouth the other parent in situations where it's obvious that's what the parent wants to hear.

My guess is, a CPS worker would get much more balanced answers.

Old 12-29-2017, 09:20 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Well, I'm lucky I usually get to see him the entirety of most weekends. There's some families that have no drama that don't get to see eachother that much (professional, military, etc...) Also, the school knows I am more proactive with his school work but, I can't count on them. I live relative near him and, his school and the school has a civil rapport with me.

EDIT: but since I haven't go through custody hearings, nothing is on paper so, she could just decide to lose her **** and say no for weeks or months...

I didn't do any 3rd party stuff for my son yet... I just wish judges would take his word. I didn't have to coach or teach him, he figured it out on his own, "Daddy hugs me, kiss me, play with me, teach me math and, reading, and writing and, he is the smartest, cutest Daddy." I ask about his mom, "She doesn't do anything!"
If she cuts off visitation you will need to go to court. You aren't divorced so technically you have the same custodial rights as your wife. If she tries to interfere with that you will have an easy time in court, keep track of how much time you spend with him and try to extend it when possible

Old 12-29-2017, 09:44 AM

1,359 posts, read 1,806,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Honestly, a father's rights lawyer isn't going to help much with your profound dislike for your step-son. Do you have any compassion? Do you see that he must be someone in pain to have these issues? And saying no one likes him? What kind of father are you!?

I was totally on your side at first but I will never trust someone who talks in such a vial and hateful way of a child without any hint of compassion.

P.S. He doesn't need to be punished, he needs to be loved, cherished and listened to.
Oh, please. He said he's tried to help the child - and I saw nothing "vial" (it's vile, just FYI) and hateful about the way he was talking about him. The worst thing he said was that he didn't like him.

You assume a lot about someone you know absolutely nothing about.

Old 12-29-2017, 09:58 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
It's not his kid, why don't you blame the kids problems on the parent who in all likelihood caused them, his mother and maybe his birth father?

Old 12-29-2017, 02:05 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,283,043 times
Well before any of us get at each other too hard...

The CPS person said ere are issues with his behavior that stem from "his choices". They were pressing him with questions like, "So why do you feel like you don't have to do work that everybody else does?"... I got the right to be frustrated at years of this

...but the tone "HighFlyingBird" takes sounds like, if this teen beat me in my sleep she would still say it must've been something I did. If you didn't want him to hate you, you shouldn't tell him stop failing classes. That sounds as dumb as telling a cop, if you don't wanna get told off by a shoplifter, don't arrest him...

EDIT: Instead of Talking Tough, I need to Talk Tactics and, if she restricts visitation too much, I will need a lawyer. Kids need Dads not Visitors. As it stands now, we were probably heading for divorce anyway even before any of this...

Last edited by RageX; 12-29-2017 at 02:18 PM..

Old 12-29-2017, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodica View Post
Oh, please. He said he's tried to help the child - and I saw nothing "vial" (it's vile, just FYI) and hateful about the way he was talking about him. The worst thing he said was that he didn't like him.

You assume a lot about someone you know absolutely nothing about.
OMG sorry I had a typo. I am so embarrassed and ashamed! But not as much as if I talked about a child like the OP did.

Old 12-29-2017, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Well before any of us get at each other too hard...

The CPS person said ere are issues with his behavior that stem from "his choices". They were pressing him with questions like, "So why do you feel like you don't have to do work that everybody else does?"... I got the right to be frustrated at years of this

...but the tone "HighFlyingBird" takes sounds like, if this teen beat me in my sleep she would still say it must've been something I did. If you didn't want him to hate you, you shouldn't tell him stop failing classes. That sounds as dumb as telling a cop, if you don't wanna get told off by a shoplifter, don't arrest him...

EDIT: Instead of Talking Tough, I need to Talk Tactics and, if she restricts visitation too much, I will need a lawyer. Kids need Dads not Visitors. As it stands now, we were probably heading for divorce anyway even before any of this...
Actually it isn't dumb. Its parenting without being a jerk. How do you expect him to act when his step dad of most of his life hates him? He could be developing mental health problems like his mom. Or suffering because of being abandoned by his dad, dealing with a cray mom and a really mean "step dad".

Poor kid. Seriously, poor kid.

Look in the mirror. YOU married this woman and raised this kid. YOU have a lot to think about.

Old 01-07-2018, 11:04 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,283,043 times
Currently, the wife resides with the 3 kids, on the city dime. My son says, the older stepson "pows me sometimes", "takes my snacks" and, "mommy doesn't do anything". I am financially and socially capable, or so I've been told by my son's school. The stepson is failing his way through his 2nd high school in Freshman year even worse because without my presence, he just bullies his mom...

Yes, I am trying to get just custody of my son, 1) to get him away from that mess but, 2) legally I likely do only have a claim to him.

Old 01-08-2018, 09:44 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,084,566 times
Quote:

EDIT: but since I haven't go through custody hearings, nothing is on paper so, she could just decide to lose her<bleep> and say no for weeks or months...

I cant shake the feeling that there’s more going on here. More than just a crazy mum that shouldn’t have custody. Okay so the mother has some mental issues. But not bad enough that the authorities have seen it fit to take her kids away even after investigating the teenager’s suicide threat. So while I believe she is probably not well, i don’t believe, based only on what you posted here, that she is nuts enough to win full custody against; seeing as she has two out of three well adjusted kids.

What’s your story? Aside from you being the more financially stable one i cant shake the feeling that you have other things going on too. Why didn’t you re-enlist? You mentioned a friend with PTSD, and foregoing ‘ more money’ in favor of being with your son. Is that an issue you have too? Why would your wife want to ‘play that card’? Are there incidents that have occurred that could validate her claim?

I say go with the share custody and document everything approach if she really is unfit, though honestly she doesn’t sound LEGALLY unfit...to me anyway.

ETA: Also why is she living on the city’s dime? She is still your wife and has your kid(s).
Shouldn’t you be supporting them?

Last edited by BLDSoon; 01-08-2018 at 10:02 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting