Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 10:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,207 times

Advertisements

Okay, I get that not all mothers do this, but it seems to be a mom thing. Recently my mother has been posting embarrassing baby pictures of me online as well as me wearing embarrassing clothes. I actually ended up blocking her and I did try talking to her but she just laughed it off.

I really don't get it. But it seems like a mom thing and it's really embarrassing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2018, 11:05 PM

6,300 posts, read 4,197,862 times
I don’t know that’s it’s a mom thing, my mother never did it, neither did I. Sorry your mother couldn’t respect your feelings . The only thing I can say is she probably thinks you look adorable and wants to share and can’t seem to appreciate how you feel.

Old 03-29-2018, 11:29 PM

1,201 posts, read 804,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydomoms View Post
Okay, I get that not all mothers do this, but it seems to be a mom thing. Recently my mother has been posting embarrassing baby pictures of me online as well as me wearing embarrassing clothes. I actually ended up blocking her and I did try talking to her but she just laughed it off.

I really don't get it. But it seems like a mom thing and it's really embarrassing.
Embarrassed by baby pictures? Good lord - how immature! That’s your issue, not hers. I doubt your mother posted them to embarrass you but she isn’t going to let you dictate what she shares on her page. I’m sure she thinks they are really cute. You must be really young if this bothers you.

Old 03-29-2018, 11:40 PM

38 posts, read 34,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoR View Post
Embarrassed by baby pictures? Good lord - how immature! That’s your issue, not hers. I doubt your mother posted them to embarrass you but she isn’t going to let you dictate what she shares on her page. I’m sure she thinks they are really cute. You must be really young if this bothers you.
How do you feel about this?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...book/90479402/

Quote:
A case out of Austria could reignite a debate about sharing photos of children on Facebook.

An 18-year-old woman from Carinthia is suing her parents over their posting of 500 images of her without her consent, The Local Austria reports. The images were shared with her parents’ 700 Facebook friends. Her father told the news outlet he has rights to the photos because he took them.

"They knew no shame and no limit — and didn’t care whether it was a picture of me sitting on the toilet or lying naked in my cot — every stage was photographed and then made public,” the 18-year-old told The Local Austria.

Old 03-30-2018, 01:55 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydomoms View Post

I'm sorry you're dealing with this. I'm a mom and sometimes I find funny photos of my kid, but I ask her if it's OK to post them. What's funny to me can be embarrassing to her. Try talking to your mom again. Let her know you are uncomfortable.

Old 03-30-2018, 05:16 AM

3,166 posts, read 3,359,979 times
I think the OP’s mother should respect her wishes not to post the baby pictures for everyone to see.

Old 03-30-2018, 06:04 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,585,020 times
It’s baby pictures...honestly you need to grow a thicker skin and get over it. If you can’t handle baby pictures being posted you’ll never make it in the real world.

That said talk to your mom. If she doesn’t listen take advice above.

Old 03-30-2018, 06:25 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,219,158 times
I don't have any strong opinions on this other than I would probably not post any pictures of a baby, or child, in a bath, diaper, or otherwise not fully clothed. Too many perverts out there.
And even normal pictures I would lock down to close friends and family.

Old 03-30-2018, 07:19 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,698,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoR View Post
I'm sorry but....
I agree here. How can you even be embarrassed by BABY pictures? Are you in a ridiculous outfit? You MOM should be embarrassed for putting you in it.
Your mother loves you more then you'll ever know (until you have children of your own). She's not trying to hurt you.

Old 03-30-2018, 07:31 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
OP, the minimum age to post on this site is 16.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting