Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 05:33 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,672,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Don't hold your breath waiting for an answer, OP is "not a member" now
Thank you for pointing this out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2019, 06:06 PM

2,771 posts, read 2,303,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
What, exactly is your problem with that name?
My guess is bad breakup.

Old 06-22-2019, 06:47 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I have the most popular name for girls when I was born and for many years running after that. My daughter also has one of the top 10 from her generation. Surprisingly neither of us have run into many people with the same name as us. Not in school or in our family or social circles. Maybe a casual acquaintance here and there but no more so than any less common names. I guess we were just lucky.

Old 06-22-2019, 07:00 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I have the most popular name for girls when I was born and for many years running after that. My daughter also has one of the top 10 from her generation. Surprisingly neither of us have run into many people with the same name as us. Not in school or in our family or social circles. Maybe a casual acquaintance here and there but no more so than any less common names. I guess we were just lucky.
yes, I think you were.

I just had an online conversation with some school mates, laughing about the fact that one year, 3 people with the same name were in the same class, and the teacher had to get a bit creative with what she called each of them, to be able to tell who she was talking to

Old 06-22-2019, 10:04 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
Imagine having a super simple name like Debbie, only your parents decided to be cute and drop the "e" at the end. I forever corrected people about the spelling of my name. And, Debbi is my name, not Debra or Deborah.

Hey, I did find a candy conversation Easter egg (like the conversation hearts) with my named spelled MY way. I still have it.
My friend decided she wanted a different spelling for her daughter's popular name, and now the daughter is 25 and saying, "Thanks, Mom. Nobody ever spells my name correctly." She never found anything with her name spelled the way she does, either.

When Facebook first came out, a friend of mine (who has the same late-1950s first name as I do) sent me a message saying, "Look at all the people who aren't you."

She had searched on my name, and it pulled up more than 100 people on Facebook with my name, first and last. We are white, black, male, female (mostly female), from the US, the UK, Australia, Canada, and New Zealand (fairly common English last name that you have all heard before).

I'm not special.

Old 06-23-2019, 04:39 AM

1,909 posts, read 2,538,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
My friend decided she wanted a different spelling for her daughter's popular name, and now the daughter is 25 and saying, "Thanks, Mom. Nobody ever spells my name correctly." She never found anything with her name spelled the way she does, either.

When Facebook first came out, a friend of mine (who has the same late-1950s first name as I do) sent me a message saying, "Look at all the people who aren't you."

She had searched on my name, and it pulled up more than 100 people on Facebook with my name, first and last. We are white, black, male, female (mostly female), from the US, the UK, Australia, Canada, and New Zealand (fairly common English last name that you have all heard before).

I'm not special.
I have found other people on Facebook with my full name. However, every Debbie had an e. So, I guess that means I am special.

My son, on the other hand, is in the same boat as you: there are hundreds of his clones in this world. I do think they are all male, but I could be wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting