Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 05:13 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,129,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethany12 View Post
I am not excusing the 11 year old's actions. But the mothers that were discussing this were concerned because they always see their kids off to school and then make it to work. And it wasn't just an 11 year old at home, there was a 7 and 4 year old running around the house while she was sleeping. The 7 year old didn't even know the mother was dead and got on the bus with the 11 year old. It just seems as though the pregnant GF wasn't a saint like her family is saying and there wasn't alot of supervision in the household.
The 11 and 7 yr old went to school. The 4 yr old didnt go, she found the mother. The mother was 8 months pregnant which makes you kinda tired. If you have an 11 yr old i would expect them to help the 7 yr old get ready for school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 05:19 PM

323 posts, read 835,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
The 11 and 7 yr old went to school. The 4 yr old didnt go, she found the mother. The mother was 8 months pregnant which if you have even been 8 months pregnant yourself, you would know that it makes you kinda tired and if you have an 11 yr old i would expect them to help the 7 yr old get ready for school.
Like I said, the MOTHERS that were discussing this thought it was bad parenting. Since the 7 year old didn't even notice that her mother was dead, we were guessing that the GF sleeps ALOT and was never up when the kids went to school.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:28 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,466,589 times
Quote:
Like I said, the MOTHERS that were discussing this thought it was bad parenting. Since the 7 year old didn't even notice that her mother was dead, we were guessing that the GF sleeps ALOT and was never up when the kids went to school.
Well that's probably because she was 8 months pregnant.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
I am a mother of 3.

I disagree with the fact that she may have napped on the sofa in the morning while the kids got ready for school that she was a bad parent and deserved to die. I personally don't do that, but i also work FT for a living and am gone before the kids get up much of the time.

If these "MOTHERS" do think napping on the sofa in the morning is reason to kill someone than they are sorry souls who have nothing better to do than pretend to be armchair psychologists to a dead woman and her fetus.

Did the women have a BEDROOM or did she ALWAYS sleep on the sofa? Usually if you are sleeping on a sofa then you must have gotten there from leaving the bed that you SLEEP in at night, which therefore means you were UP in the morning for part of the time.
What do you do when you are sick and you have kids?? YOU lay on the sofa while they play. Perhaps she didnt sleep well being 8 months pregnant and all and nodded off for a brief period of time. How do we know she MEANT To fall asleep?

So judgemental of a dead lady.
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Even if it was premeditated and he understood, his father could have helped to prevent it by worrying more about taking care of his son than shacking up with his new GF.
I agree the parents failed this boy turned punk because they didn't take him seriously which was a big part of his problem with them apparently. They bought him the gun and then didnt bother to notice when he was becoming agitated and unruly. They should have removed the guns from this little time bomb and sent him to a shrink or to juvie for making threats.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:55 PM

323 posts, read 835,511 times
Quote:
I am a mother of 3.

I disagree with the fact that she may have napped on the sofa in the morning while the kids got ready for school that she was a bad parent and deserved to die. I personally don't do that, but i also work FT for a living and am gone before the kids get up much of the time.
Nah, my friends and family just care enough about their kids to get them up and ready for school, even while they were pregnant and/or working. I know that caring about your kids is a foreign concept nowdays. We don't think she deserved to die. We just don't think she was a good parent and neither was the father. The GF's family makes the GF sound like a saint and they talking trash about the kid.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Nah, my friends and family just care enough about their kids to get them up and ready for school, even while they were pregnant and/or working. I know that caring about your kids is a foreign concept nowdays. We don't think she deserved to die. We just don't think she was a good parent and neither was the father. The GF's family makes the GF sound like a saint and they talking trash about the kid.
IMO....

1. GF and her kids shouldn't have been living with this kid and his father unless/until GF and father had gotten married.

2. The gun...even if it was provided for the kid...should have been locked up and he should have been permitted to use it only under direct supervision (and not at all when they started to see the warning signs).

3. The kid should have been in counseling.

4. The father should have spent more time with his son.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:27 AM

Let's start off by saying this girl who was killed had her first kid at 19 and was pregnant with her third by yet another man at 26 yrs old. She was not married, just living with him. This is not reason to murder her- and frankly, this happens every day in america. Just because you don't morally approve doesn't mean the boy should have killed her.
The parents problem was that they didn't take the signs he showed regarding contempt for her seriously. They didn't make him feel as though his opinons mattered and sit down and try to figure out what he real damage was regarding the new baby and lady in the house. The father bullied him and told him to knock it off and treat step mom in training with respect. That is not acknowledging this kids feelings and making him feel that his emotions were important and obviously getting him some psychological help. That is where they went wrong. Kids don't just say things without a reason. She was pregnant with a boy, he was the only boy in the house until this new baby. Her kids were there but that is NOT the same as them having a child TOGETHER. I Think he was possessive of his dad and couldn't stand having to share him with some woman who wasn't his mom, let alone a new baby. Maybe he thought the dad would stop loving him with this new baby in the picture. He should have receieved counseling or been sent to a place that could really get tothe root of his problems.

Even abused kids usually do not kill their parents because they LOVE them. There was no love between this woman and this kid from his perspective.

Quote:
Nah, my friends and family just care enough about their kids to get them up and ready for school, even while they were pregnant and/or working.
So you and your friends and family are insinuating the dead lady didn't care about her kids because she fell asleep on the sofa one morning? No, not judgemental of this woman at all.

Look- if it was habitual, I can see how that is neglectful and wrong. But i have heard nothing stating she was constantly letting the children get ready for school on their own. Please LINK that if you have that information that she never was awake when they got ready for class.
Quote:

I know that caring about your kids is a foreign concept nowdays. We don't think she deserved to die. We just don't think she was a good parent and neither was the father. The GF's family makes the GF sound like a saint and they talking trash about the kid.
No, i don't think these people were neccessarily good parents because your children USUALLY don't want to kill you if you are a GOOD parent. So that goes without saying, but really now, for your judgemental group to assume she was rotten merely because she was asleep when the little punk shot her is ridiculous. Hope your kids never hit a rough patch and you are to busy to notice. They may want to HARM you and by your own standards, you would be deserving to get hurt by them.

Last edited by Taboo2; 02-25-2009 at 09:40 AM..

Old 02-25-2009, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Let's start off by saying this girl who was killed had her first kid at 19 and was pregnant with her third by yet another man at 26 yrs old. She was not married, just living with him. This is not reason to murder her- and frankly, this happens every day in america. Just because you don't morally approve doesn't mean the boy should have killed her.
I know it happens every day in America and I don't have a problem with it - but I DO have a problem with it when children are involved. Regardless, I don't think that the boy should have killed her. I should have been more clear about that in my post.

I generally think (or get the impression) that the dad cared more about his new GF and new kids (his "new" family) more than this 11 year old and that's what my biggest problem is. The 11 year old should NOT have had to deal with that.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I generally think (or get the impression) that the dad cared more about his new GF and new kids (his "new" family) more than this 11 year old and that's what my biggest problem is. The 11 year old should NOT have had to deal with that.
I second that. I can't rep you again but I TOTALLY agree with you.

Usually it is a mother who neglects her original children for a man + new family, maybe because women almost always have custody.

That makes me sick that some parents are so needy and irresponsible to choose intimacy/sex (essentially) over the development of their children. YOu can balance the two but you have to WORK at it. They don't seem to care enough for their children to bother.

Old 02-25-2009, 05:04 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,629,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
In the article I read, not the one posted, he allegedly did it out of jealousy and he supposedly told his cousin he was going to do it before he actually did.
If that is really the case, then the gun was just the weapon of opportunity, and he would have used something else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting