Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2010, 01:47 PM

3,536 posts, read 12,331,320 times

Advertisements

I haven't had time to read all the pages of posts. First, it might be an experiemental phase. She could still end up with a husband. If not, you can still be proud of her for being brave enough to be true to herself, and there are adoptions and surrogacies. Third, society will not hate her. Being gay or bi is now MOSTLY acceptable, and with her generaration, even normal...maybe even cool.

Old 02-01-2010, 02:04 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
[quote=jillz;12709508]
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Very, very few people are BORN gay.....the rest are simply playing with fire and are throwing fits because they can't manipulate others into agreeing with them!!!!![/quote]

Please provide a link with something to back this up.
Oh my nerves, I must have missed that post. I admit that I've generally glossed over beachmel's dramatic scoldings in this thread but that one takes the cake.

So, let me get this straight ... gay people are just acting upon a whim based on failed temper tantrums? HAHAHA!!!

Anyone else here notice that in this thread there is a direct correlation in many cases between the level of support given to the OP based on the level of anti-gay attitude of that particular poster? I wonder then if one were to skip the suspicion and skepticism of the OP's initial post and instead concentrate their replies with genuine advice about her glaring homophobia if the anti-gay crowd would still be scolding everyone with a dissenting opinion and wishing bad karma upon them. My guess is YES, and there are actually a handful of examples of that taking place already in this thread.

What an interesting social experiment the OP's dilemna inadvertently provides.

Old 02-01-2010, 02:18 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,725,989 times
[quote=Nor Cal Wahine;12709945]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillz View Post

Oh my nerves, I must have missed that post. I admit that I've generally glossed over beachmel's dramatic scoldings in this thread but that one takes the cake.

So, let me get this straight ... gay people are just acting upon a whim based on failed temper tantrums? HAHAHA!!!

Anyone else here notice that in this thread there is a direct correlation in many cases between the level of support given to the OP based on the level of anti-gay attitude of that particular poster? I wonder then if one were to skip the suspicion and skepticism of the OP's initial post and instead concentrate their replies with genuine advice about her glaring homophobia if the anti-gay crowd would still be scolding everyone with a dissenting opinion and wishing bad karma upon them. My guess is YES, and there are actually a handful of examples of that taking place already in this thread.

LOL....I do love your interpretation..... it reveal so much about your character, the way you paraphrase here, paraphrase there, to fit your agenda.

Old 02-01-2010, 02:20 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,694,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post

You may think you know what you're talking about, but you don't.

Old 02-01-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoExcuses View Post
You may think you know what you're talking about, but you don't.
And you are a rollercoaster of posts - 200 in less than one month. Maybe you talk too much.

Old 02-01-2010, 03:33 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,694,020 times
Quote:
And you are a rollercoaster of posts - 200 in less than one month. Maybe you talk too much.
That's all you can think of as a rebuttal?

You made statements that are not true. You cannot assume such things.

Old 02-01-2010, 03:41 PM

I'm under no obligation to offer you a rebuttal. You are under the mistaken impression that I give a crap what you think of my opinions in the first place.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:01 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,725,989 times
[quote=Nor Cal Wahine;12709945]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillz View Post

It always amazes me...how some posters (paranoid a bit maybe?) take comments about "karma" as a threat. What could the reason for that be? Inquiring minds ponder such a dilemna. Hmmmm ... what comes around goes around.....do unto others as you would/will have others do unto you. That's a threat? That's wishing bad karma on someone? Karma is what it is. There's no wishing it upon someone, it simply IS. I would never wish anything bad upon anyone else, to do so would invite bad karma my way. I am always conscious of such things. If you wish something on someone, it must be returned to you. It's preposterous to even imagine that bringing up "karma" would be interpreted as "wishing" it upon someone.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:15 PM

[quote=beachmel;12711884]
Quote:

It always amazes me...how some posters (paranoid a bit maybe?) take comments about "karma" as a threat. What could the reason for that be? Inquiring minds ponder such a dilemna. Hmmmm ... what comes around goes around.....do unto others as you would/will have others do unto you. That's a threat? That's wishing bad karma on someone? Karma is what it is. There's no wishing it upon someone, it simply IS. I would never wish anything bad upon anyone else, to do so would invite bad karma my way. I am always conscious of such things. If you wish something on someone, it must be returned to you. It's preposterous to even imagine that bringing up "karma" would be interpreted as "wishing" it upon someone.
I have little concern that my either not believing or being indifferent to the story of a complete stranger on an internet forum will reward or punish me one way or another. We are talking about words on a screen here, not selfless acts or senseless abuses. This is that whole overly dramatic thing I was alluding to earlier.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:26 PM

648 posts, read 1,174,899 times
I love how no matter WHAT subject people bring up on forums, whether it be how to raise kids, politics, religion, gender issues, pets, health, art, history, fishing, what color nail polish to wear, the moon being made of cheese,, etc. etc. etc etc etc..... people will never fail to end up starting an argument about it........!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting