Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 11:37 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,694,955 times

Advertisements

Was that also the woman who ran Mancino's in the mall?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 08:49 PM

226 posts, read 761,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawne View Post
Was that also the woman who ran Mancino's in the mall?
I believe so. At one time, they ran both Mancino's and Villa Teresa. Sorry to say, divorce is in the picture I wish them all well.

Old 07-15-2009, 07:55 AM

Yes, I had heard that the couple divorced; the wife got Mancino's and the husband got Villa Teresa. Both had excellent pizza but we preferred the seating arrangement at Mancino's better because we usually had six people eating and the only place we'd all fit at Villa Teresa was in the back, which was the smoking section at that time. We just never got out of the Mancino's habit. Now that they're gone we haven't had a "good" pizza in quite some time. Amato's and OIP are very good, but for some reason we just preferred Mancino's. We'll have to check out the new place.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:57 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,918,101 times
Finally tried the Golden Grill. Wasn't too impressed with the selection or food. The staff were very friendly which was great. I just didn't enjoy much of what they had on the buffet. Their french fries were really good though. With a few changes to what they serve it could be a nice place to eat on the strip.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:33 AM

Don't really visit the site much anymore but curious how the Golden Grill is doing? I haven't heard too much from anybody I know and wondering there have been any changes with the food and selections. Really would like to see the place thrive as the more options we have to eat in the area the better. Anybody been there lately? Any news on anything else coming into the area soon?

Old 08-17-2009, 08:40 AM

The Daily Item ran a full-column article about Golden Grill. Said the owner has started 21 restauants in the Carlisle area and owned two of them. You'd certainly think with all that experience he could get it right. There was also a coupon that I saw recently for a free drink with the adult buffet - not much of a savings, but it's something. I'm waiting for a "kids night" for cheaper kids meals. $5.95 for kids is a bit much, plus drink! Or maybe a buy one/get one free coupon. That would be great. There do seem to be cars in the lot. Sometimes not many, and sometimes the lot is about half full.

I saw a real estate deed transfer in the paper that leads me to believe that National Beef bought the Four Seasons Restaurant, probably for offices.

I saw an ad in the paper that a new pizza place is hiring for their Northumberland and Selinsgrove locations, possibly the pizza place mentioned previously as being owned by the former Mancino's Pizza woman.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
The Daily Item ran a full-column article about Golden Grill. Said the owner has started 21 restauants in the Carlisle area and owned two of them. You'd certainly think with all that experience he could get it right. There was also a coupon that I saw recently for a free drink with the adult buffet - not much of a savings, but it's something. I'm waiting for a "kids night" for cheaper kids meals. $5.95 for kids is a bit much, plus drink! Or maybe a buy one/get one free coupon. That would be great. There do seem to be cars in the lot. Sometimes not many, and sometimes the lot is about half full.

I saw a real estate deed transfer in the paper that leads me to believe that National Beef bought the Four Seasons Restaurant, probably for offices.

I saw an ad in the paper that a new pizza place is hiring for their Northumberland and Selinsgrove locations, possibly the pizza place mentioned previously as being owned by the former Mancino's Pizza woman.
Thanks for the info Dawne! Interesting about the experience the guy has and hopefully things will expand and change somewhat. I really want the place to survive and thrive but just wasn't really pleased with the food when I went there. It should be interesting to see where things stand with it in about six months and if it will be doing more or less business.

That's interesting about the possibility of the Four Seasons becoming an office building. It's been cool to watch all the changes on the strip in the last 20 years. Never a dull moment with something closing, opening, or moving. I'll be interested in checking out the new pizza places!

Dawne, would you or anybody else know if there are batting cages in the area? I haven't gone to any since they were located behind Perkins when mini golf was there as well. I recently got to hit in some cages and had a ton of fun but not sure if we have anything local.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:09 AM

RJ, the batting cages are still there behind the Toyota dealership. I think it's called Susquehanna Sports Place. The Daily Item occasionally has coupons for batting tokens and/or the miniature golf. We used to take my son there when he played Little League. You can choose baseball or softball, and you can choose different pitch speeds. My son loved it.

Other than those batting cages, I don't know of any others in the area.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:38 PM

226 posts, read 761,112 times
I was told Ihop is interested in Ruby Tuesday building. Would be a hit on the Perkin 's breakfast crowd

Old 08-19-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
RJ, the batting cages are still there behind the Toyota dealership. I think it's called Susquehanna Sports Place. The Daily Item occasionally has coupons for batting tokens and/or the miniature golf. We used to take my son there when he played Little League. You can choose baseball or softball, and you can choose different pitch speeds. My son loved it.

Other than those batting cages, I don't know of any others in the area.
Thanks Dawne! I wonder if they closed down for a bit or I just thought they closed down? I had no idea they were still open. I'll have to go and check them out soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania